PDA

View Full Version : Port Douglas

Hornet
06-02-2004, 06:19 PM
;D
I'm planning a trip to Port Douglas middle of April for three weeks. I have been there before. I hired a tinnie and the fishing was fantastic ;D They nearly had to send a seach party to find me. That was in March 2001

This time I plan to take my 4.35 Hornet and fish till I drop. Can any fellow member out there tell me what I can catch April May. :o

Also are there decent boat ramps ??
What are the dangers ??? eg Crocs, boat being pinched
Any informattion would be greatly appreciated

G'day Rick from Adelaide. All great minds think alike.

Regards

Peter

Daintreeboy
07-02-2004, 08:16 AM
All the ramps are pretty good up this way. You might be lucky and get a few barra at that time with a late wet (although it's flooding right now) but the reef fishing will be pretty good as will the river with some good grunter and queenfish action.
Assume crocs are in every waterway, we've got quite a few.
I can happily say there aren't too many thieves up here but you need to be careful all the same. The ramps are all in areas that make it hard to steal anything so they should get caught.
With three weeks you should have time to check out all the waterways in the area and have a good trip.
Lets hope you get some decent weather to go outside!!
PS if you do try snapper island one day.
Cheers, Mark.

Hornet
09-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks Daintree Boy for your reply
I noticed an article in the Fishing and Boating magazine for February from Jason Jesse of Kurumba about Crocs.
What about Crocs in the Port Douglas region ? When you get in the water ways at Port Douglas, would it be true to say that you should not get out of your boat to collect bait or stroll around sandbanks ?
What about launching a tinne ? You still have to go into the water to push the boat out to deeper water.

May be I am getting a bit paranoid !
We have dangers in our water ways, mainly a Quintrex Coast Runner travelling at full throttle which passed within 5 meters of where I was fishing on Saturday night. To that idiot, may your new Suzuki Outboard motor blow up into many pieces.

Cheers
Peter

fnq_tinnie
19-02-2004, 12:02 PM
hi hornet

yeah mate mite be a bit paraniod
just beware thats croc can be anywere in the water up here.
when i i'am going to put the boat in just have look around for a bit. when getting in to your up here mate put the boat in front of u and dont go in to deep water and swim just looking trouble.
as to walk around on sand bars just to the say as putting your boat in all i can say is bewere of them u just don't no were they will turn up