PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Rising

aquarius
22-02-2004, 10:41 AM
Hi Folks.........Can anyone top this temp at 1-30 pm today?
Tooooo windy and hot to fish but hey the water should stay warm for a while now!!
Cheers #Brent
ps its now gone to 43 degress at 2-40

basserman
22-02-2004, 11:17 AM
brent was on the water today on the mid north coast nsw and i'm sure it was hotter!
thank christ the water temp was coool i know we sure had a long swim! nether of us could of cared less if a shark fin popped up right next to us i'm sure would of still been nicer in the water :P
heard the weather report for here and going to be the same as today :( might go hang out in the frozen section of woolies

aquarius
22-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Yeah mate the shopping centres are full up for sure........its now 3-30pm and the temp is still climbing....Our house pagola faces west but the thermometer is in the shade.....looks like a hot night.

agnes_jack
22-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Geeez
You have my sympathy Aquarius!
Topped out at about 33 up here around 2.30
Looks like youre in for a dam hot evening.
Stay kool, Tony :o :o :o

Jeremy87
22-02-2004, 12:54 PM
It only reached 35 at my house today. I just checked the bom and the hottest recorded temp today in the greater brisbane area was amberly peaking at 41.5.
Jeremy

jewies
22-02-2004, 04:14 PM
41 at my place

blaze
22-02-2004, 04:26 PM
bloody cold at my place
blaze

mackmauler
22-02-2004, 04:33 PM
around 40, i should of got the hose for the neighbour, wet t shirt weather for sure 8)

basserman
22-02-2004, 04:40 PM
just heard on the news the top for sydney was 45 in penrith not sure about the state top but!
here at port macquarie it topped out at 41 bloody hot dry nor eastly!
it is cooling down alot now but!

imported_admin
22-02-2004, 05:44 PM
Nearly beat it, but not quite ;D

basserman
22-02-2004, 05:47 PM
would have to be one of the hottest day the entire easten seaboard has seen!
no one escaped the heat today :(

PinHead
22-02-2004, 06:27 PM
A thermometer on a piece of board is not a very accurate reading...you need something like a sling psychrometer to get an accurate reading..it has to be moving in the air space.
I did a job at West Chermside today..at 1pm it was 39.8C using a sling..an accurate reading. And what was I doing? Installing bloody air conditioning...the sweat was pouring off me. And more to do tomorrow

snapperhead
22-02-2004, 06:39 PM
You should fly NORTH for the summer wouldn't have been more then 35c on the tropic of capricorn today and that sea breeze was to die for. FLY NORTH ;D were it is perfect year round hey Anges jack

aquarius
22-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Pinhead the thermometer is held on the post by a staple.....swinging free with air gap behind......I reckon this is accurate enough.....Its close to 11pm and the reading is a very warm 30 degress.
Cheers #Brent

agnes_jack
23-02-2004, 04:03 AM
Snapperhead
Yeah mate, Paradise! 8)

Tony

scroman
23-02-2004, 06:40 AM
You know it's hot when you could'nt be bothered going outside to fish. I live on a small property 6km south of Murwillumbah and our day yesterday went like this: 6.30am 32 deg & 82%hum, 10.am 35deg, 2.00pm 39deg & 78%hum - in the house, 3.30pm 47deg in the shade of our north east facing pergola, 61deg in the shed with the doors open, went to bed at 11pm and 35deg and 88%hum in the hallway of the house. Woke up today at a very pleasant 31deg at 6am :-/ Was prepared to trade my wife and dogs for an air con but nothing available between Lismore and the Gold Coast for a couple of weeks. At time of writing it is 38deg and 76%hum.Fan-bloody-tastic :-/

Gorilla_in_Manila
23-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Just checked out the weather station and see 42 deg and barometer dropped to 1000.
Methinks gullyrakers coming.
Looks like a few isolated thunderstorms for the region going by the BOM radar.

Jeremy87
23-02-2004, 12:20 PM
The temperature always tends to be a few degrees hotter on days like these under pergolas as heat tends to radiate from corrugated iron roofs. The weather tends to be a bit a bit milder where I live maxing at 36.1 degrees at about 2. I checked the temp of the swimming pool turned fish pond at about midday and the water was 32 degrees. It shows how much another 3 or 4 degrees increases the activity of the fish. The barcoo grunter and silver perch smashed the pellets within moments of the pellets first hitting the water. It can sometimes take a minute or two before they start to feed. It can only mean good fishing for anyone brave enough to take on the heat.
Jeremy

Graham_N_Roberts
23-02-2004, 04:18 PM
So damed hot here in Mt Morgan, the saratoga are sun burnt, and the line is meltin'. ;D ;D

Kerry
24-02-2004, 06:31 AM
So damed hot here in Mt Morgan, the saratoga are sun burnt, and the line is meltin'. ;D ;D

What, there's actually saratoga still there #:-X would have though the "run-off" would have burnt them off yonks ago.

Hot, nah just feels that way #;) if ya ever seen the 3 little light lenses swivel up and fall out of a land rover dash then ya know it's hot #;)

Certainly the feel is much hotter than what the BOM is actually recording especially with this humidity that is more consistent with equator latitudes.

Cheers, Kerry.

Gazza
24-02-2004, 11:08 AM
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

you know you live in Queensland when.....

1. The best parking space is determined by shade, not distance.
2. Hot water comes out of both taps.
3 . You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
4. The temperature drops below 35c and you feel a little chilly.
5. You discover that in February it only takes two fingers to steer your car.
6. You discover that you can get badly sunburned through your car window - even on a very short trip.
7. You develop a fear of metal car door handles.
8. You break into a sweat the instant you step outside your house in the morning.
9. Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
10. You realise that asphalt has a liquid state.
11. Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to prevent them from laying hard-boiled eggs.
12. The cows are giving evaporated milk.
13. The trees are whistling for the dogs.
14. While walking back barefoot to your car from the beach, you do a tightrope act on the white lines in the car park.
15. You catch a cold from having the aircon full blast while you sleep during the night.
16. You pray that your train/bus will have air-conditioning, and if it doesn't, waiting an extra 15 minutes for one is worth it.
17. You'd rather be at work in the airconditioning than anywhere else in the world.
18. If you have no airconditioning at work, you take an unpaid day off to stay home in the airconditioning.
19. The thought that you have no airconditioning at work or at home reduces you to tears.
20. You're tears evaporate before they hit your cheeks.

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

PinHead
25-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Dammit..bring back the heat..I want several more weeks or months of it..it is brilliant for business.