PDA

View Full Version : Fishing licences now available from Kmart

nsw_fisheries
02-03-2004, 06:20 AM
http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/gen/news/fb_04feb_28_rec.htm

"This document has been posted for information and to encourage discussion among yourselves. For more information from NSW Fisheries on the issue, please visit our web site on www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au"

basserman
02-03-2004, 11:10 AM
just a shame we don't have a k-mart and the closest one is over a hours drive!
aww well need to listen the the tackle shop complian about sell the RFL and beeing a money colector with out seeing a dime for the new south wales goverment :-/

Graham_N_Roberts
02-03-2004, 03:41 PM
:D What next? Get 'em outa corn flakes packets? :P
Na seriously, it would be good to get the licences from tackle shops and department stores.

paz
03-03-2004, 07:38 AM
this is gunna sound dumb,,,but is a nsw license valid in queensland???
paz

Zeeke
03-03-2004, 08:08 AM
Qld doesnt have recreational fishing liscences yet.. which is a shame because it seems to be working sort of well in most states that do have a liscencing system

Tim

imported_admin
03-03-2004, 08:11 AM
No

You do not need a Licence to fish in Queensland saltwater.

Only need one if you are fishing in Freshwater Dams that are covered by the Stocked Impoundment Permit (SIP)
More info on SIP at - http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/10200.html

imported_admin
03-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Qld doesnt have recreational fishing liscences yet.. which is a shame because it seems to be working sort of well in most states that do have a liscencing system

Tim

I would have to disagree with you on that one Tim. I don't think it is working that well in other states, just the way the spin doctors are telling us it is working is working.

We already pay $12.00 a year in Queensland on our boat rego (PPV levy) that goes to fisheries, about $13 Million for the state. We just can't seem to find out exactly what it is all used for.

Zeeke
03-03-2004, 10:35 AM
yea.. i spose you are right there Steve.. i too would like to know where that $12 goes to.. i personally would just like to see more active policing on the water.. might piss people off.. but it also deters those who run on the wrong side of the law

Tim

paz
03-03-2004, 11:51 AM
thanks guys,,,will be up that way on thursday wetting a line ;)
paz 8)

basserman
04-03-2004, 02:25 PM
to right timbo
the rfl works on paper but without anyone patroling and checking bags/size and licences
whats the point???
i have no problems paying for it as i do but would like to see more enforcment and the goverment atcualy show what it sepnds the monie on (as if that would ever happen! ::))

setthehook
04-03-2004, 05:57 PM
cool , that means if we dont like the license after a crappy summer we just take it back to kmart and get our money back!!!! Remember kmart has money back no questions asked policy!!!
P.S Keep ya reciept!!