PDA

View Full Version : next SEQ M&G?

jeffo
18-02-2004, 11:01 AM
just wondering if there is any thing in the pipeline as yet for the next one? webby,phill? ??? ;D i am keen to meet a few more of the ausfish lads!

Brissyguy
18-02-2004, 11:21 AM
And Ladies I'll bet Jeffo ;D

Lucky_Phill
18-02-2004, 12:11 PM
I'm sure something can be arranged.

OK, 6th March, Sunnie Coast.

Day trip. Meet Mooloolaba Ramp ( south ) at 4.30am ( Saturday )

Fish close or wide grounds. Afternoon/ Lunch BBQ at La Balsa Park.

07.53 H/T
14.15 L/T
20.05 H/T

Full Moon on Sunday 7th.

This makes for an excellent night fishing trip.

With an early start to the day for some Pelagic action, back for lunch and a chat, and then hit the water again late arvo for the high tide at 8pm, with the moon rising. Does it get any better than that ?

Just a thought !

CHeers Phill

sominc
18-02-2004, 12:23 PM
I am interested in a M&G on the sunnie coast, the only problem is i dont have a boat :(

Do people take non boaties out ???

Lucky_Phill
18-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Yes we do !

striker
18-02-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm sure something can be arranged.

OK, 6th March, Sunnie Coast.

Day trip. #Meet Mooloolaba Ramp ( south ) at 4.30am ( Saturday )

Fish close or wide grounds. Afternoon/ Lunch BBQ at La Balsa Park.

07.53 H/T
14.15 L/T
20.05 H/T

Full Moon on Sunday 7th.

This makes for an excellent night fishing trip.

With an early start to the day for some Pelagic action, back for lunch and a chat, and then hit the water again late arvo for the high tide at 8pm, with the moon rising. #Does it get any better than that ? [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
OK Lock it in
Just a thought !

CHeers #Phill

bobp
18-02-2004, 01:42 PM
sounds like a plan to me ;D ;D

sharkbait
18-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Sounds like a goer phill...

jeffo
18-02-2004, 01:49 PM
hrmm, all sounds blody good to me.. cept the south ramp bit! that ramp can get way to congested some days!!!
but other than that weather pending ITS ON! ;D

striker
18-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Play it again Phil ;D ;D

Lucky_Phill
18-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Oh you guys are too easily lead !

Just mention the word ' fishing' and you gather like Vultures at a Carcass ;D ;D ;D

Well, I didn't say Jeff, that you had to launch at the south ramp ! just meet there ! :P ::) ;) ;D

It'll be closer to the park for lunch. or what ever !

Anyway, sounds like we got starters for this. Could even be good for hitting Barwons etc. ?

It's only early, but I'll take care of the barbie side of things, just bring back a fish or two to cook up.

More details later. so anyone else keen ?

Phill 8) 8) 8) [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=stupid.gif]

jeffo
18-02-2004, 03:18 PM
hahaha.. me and the dory to the banks... now im crazy but not that crazy! 12 mile will be my limits.

Zeeke
18-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Crikey, u bloody offshore nuts.. c'mon lure fishos.. ill go down, so we can go chase some fish in the stix.. if ya dont know the river, i can show ya around..

Tim

bobp
18-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Zeeke you call that a river ;D
word of warning to police were sitting in the river mouth with a speed gun on sat morning

Zeeke
18-02-2004, 03:53 PM
yeh, its a grand river.. all 30 kms of it if uve got a shallow enuf boat.. it goes all the way to past Ettahmogah Pub.. water cops are always around Mooloolaba.. i got breath tested a few weeks ago by a cop on a jetski... hehe

Tim

JB
18-02-2004, 04:01 PM
Sounds pretty good phill , will check the dates and make sure i can go. Would love to have another fish offshore up that way. We can leave poor old zeeke in the river if thats what he wants :P

aquarius
18-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Sounds like a top idea to me Phill.......I start 2 weeks holiday from that weekend so im in for sure, weather permitting.
Cheers Brent

TimNQ
18-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Hmm 2 M&G's in 3 weeks. Sounds good but only if someone is willing to offer me a spot on there boat.
Tim

Zeeke
18-02-2004, 07:16 PM
got space on my boat if anyone is keen for frangering

jaybee
19-02-2004, 04:36 AM
all going well i maybe already up there that weekend, gee two jaybees and two lucky phils.
cheers
Joe

Jeremy
19-02-2004, 04:56 AM
Finally a M&G I should be able to make. I will be comp fishing Sat launching from Mooloolaa, but should be able to make it back into the river for lunch. Look forward to meeting other ausfishoes.

Jeremy

Hutcho
19-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me.
I got a 4.4m runabout with 40hp, but no safety gear for offshore fishing. Love to get out there and give it a crack though with someone who's been there done that, if you knwo what I mean. Jeffo, you reckon my put put will get out there? I'm missing an EPIRB, radio and GPS..... :-/. I was going to wait for the next boatshow to get the offshore safety gear.....but the M&G sounds just too good to miss. If not, then I'd stick my hand up if anyone had a spare spot on their boat. Love to be counted in.

Cheers,
Hutcho

snappa
19-02-2004, 11:19 AM
phill..
Day trip. #Meet Mooloolaba Ramp ( south ) at 4.30am ( Saturday )
NOT SURE WHERE ?????

Afternoon/ Lunch BBQ at La Balsa Park.
NOT SURE AGAIN ????
CAN THE BOATS BE PULLED UP ONTO THE BEACH ????

"This makes for an excellent night fishing trip.
With an early start to the day for some Pelagic action, back for lunch and a chat, and then hit the water again late arvo for the high tide at 8pm, with the moon rising. #Does it get any better than that ? "

GEE
in and out a couple of times FUEL BILL ???? #:o

I MIGHT CONSiDER GOING. and i would tow the cat up by myself and take three crew out from the ramp. this way it will kept the costs down #;D divided 4 ways. #;D
the costs would depend on where to fish close or out wide #:-/before coming back in for some laughts (lunch) ??? # ::)
thinking hard about it... #::)

Lucky_Phill
19-02-2004, 12:15 PM
NO worries Peter, an offshore to the Barwons 4 up isn't too bad, ( the 4 banger is pretty cheap :P )120k round trip or less for a sth Barwons. But then again, a day fish around Murphy's, Gneerings, Old Woman, Coolum, Wide Cal, 12 & 9 mile, Currimundi etc. This time of year, the Spotties should still be around and sweetlip type bottom feeders.

I'm sure there will be a few takers to head up the river Tim ! A few frangers round the Yacht club and Trawlers and then further up river will produce some good results.

On a good day the sth ramp can get conjested. Boats can be anchored off La Balsa park with a small beachy area at the embankment at low tide.

From the ramp area to the mouth is 6knots all the way.

The time frame is not hard and fast. you may want to arrive at lunch time and head out for a night fish only.

Will advise of VHF, 27 meg and mobile numbers soon.

Phill

jeffo
19-02-2004, 12:23 PM
hutcho, you wont need a GPS out there really, feel free to follow me around. as for the epirb i am sure you can find the 200 odd bucks to get one. i dont have a radio yet either ;D

jaybee
19-02-2004, 12:34 PM
here are some mixed pics from mooloolaba from march last year should get ya blood boiling
http://members.optushome.com.au/burnettj/images/photo2.html
cheers
Joe

jethro6641
19-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Sounds like a great opportunity to me to test the new boat if all is ready by then. Fingers crossed. If all is ready to go I may be in a position to take one or two with me.

Will keep all informed as to the progress.

Jamie

opimax
19-02-2004, 02:21 PM
will be fishing with jeremy`s club so will drop in for a drink & a yarn in the arfo before heading out for a nite fish, will follow posts, but i`m in. lee

snappa
19-02-2004, 04:07 PM
lee

havent hear from ya now fishing with a club did you join

sominc
19-02-2004, 05:40 PM
if anyone has a spot on a boat i will be putting my had up for it. ;D ;D

DeeGee
20-02-2004, 07:28 AM
I'm not sure yet whether I can make it on that weekend, but if I can, I will.
If I do make it, I will have room for one (or maybe two) crew.

Cheers Dee Gee.

propdinger
21-02-2004, 09:31 AM
is there a caravan park near with a boat ramp i maybe able to stay at as its a few hours from home and i would love to come out fishing.

thanks guys
jeff

DeeGee
21-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Propdinger, Yes, there is a caravan park on the other side of the river from the meeting place, right in Mooloolaba, opposite Underwater World.
There is also a boat ramp on that side, so you can launch about a Km from the park. Then it's just a short run diagonally across/down the river to the ramp on the south side which is the meeting point.
If I can arrange it, I may be going up there on the Wed or Thur before the weekend, and if I do, I will probably be camping in the caravan park.

Cheers DeeGee.

propdinger
21-02-2004, 12:34 PM
thanks deegee

sounds great now all i have to do is tell she who must be obeyed 8) and tell the boss (easyier to get him on side than her...lol

thanks
jeff

jeffo
21-02-2004, 12:59 PM
2 jeffs at the meet, and 2 JB's.. looks like a good crowd to turn up. will be tops to meet you all, and hopefully get some fish at the same time ;D

Lucky_Phill
21-02-2004, 04:27 PM
So, ya think ya'll get some fishing done Jeff ? ::)

Phill

sav
23-02-2004, 05:59 AM
Phil
May me a starter. Might just take the tinny and fish the river with Zeeke.
Need to see what happens with my job before then. Talk to you later.
Regards
Sav

bay_firey
23-02-2004, 06:17 AM
If I can get enough decent weather to get the run-in done on my rig I might make a weekend of it and bring the family down

Lucky_Phill
24-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Jeez Lou-eze, you wouldn't credit this.

There is 2, Yes 2, Offshore fishing comps at Mooloolaba the weekend of the M & G.

This does not mean too much, except that the sth boat ramp will be as full as a State School Hat Rack. I will confirm all this and get back with details. The dates won't change, but, maybe the meeting place for departure in the morning.

The BBQ will still be on at La Balsa pk.

updates to come.

Phill

Zeeke
24-02-2004, 03:03 PM
if u guys are worried about parking, launch ur boats at the coast guard boatramp... plenty of car parks and actually 4 lanes of ramp each end.. just watch out at the bottom of the yacht club end.. about 8ft out from the bottom of the ramp is a lump of concrete that they must of dumped.. you'll smash your prop up on it if ur going to try and drive up your trailer or drive your boat off the trailer.. .. la balsa park has some small sandy patches to park ur boat at low tide.. but on hide tide is pretty deep and can be a pain in the ass to launch at... perfect for the bigger boats tho.. if you need fuel, there is a fueling dock at the Wharf where you can pull up and fuel up.. just dont stick the nozzel in a rod holder ;)

Tim

basserman
24-02-2004, 03:30 PM
sounds like you have done that before tim!

Zeeke
24-02-2004, 03:38 PM
not me.. but friends of mine, stuck the nozzel in a rod holder instead of fuel tank.. flicked the latch so it'd fill and switch off by itself.. anyways.. after 5mins of pumping away they thought it was odd.. looked at the nozzel and noticed it was filling up the boat... boat was a 19ft fibreglass beast... ate the guts of the boat out after a couple of days.. apparently foam doesnt like petrol

Tim

basserman
24-02-2004, 03:48 PM
i have heard that :)
but i guess it would be easy to do if placed close together and mind was on fishing! (as it always is)

Touchy - R.I.P.
25-02-2004, 03:03 AM
Tim The Bream,Jeeze mate you had me worried there for a moment,thought you was pointing the finger at me,'cause I didnt think I ever told anyone I did that last year DOH,:-X :-X :-X :-X ;D,Not an ideal way to spend a nights fishing with all the fumes,wasn't game to even scratch my bum that night incase I caused a spark!!. ;D ;D.Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

jeffo
25-02-2004, 03:22 AM
i filled my fuel tank up at 3am on a bloody cold winters morning last year, payed for my fuel and jumped back in the car and headed the the ramp. launched the boat, shot down to currumundi and started fishing.... i wondered why i was feeling ill, (i dont get sea sick) and light headed ::). look back and i had left the lid off the fuel tank... had about 3L of fuel in the back of the dory. i had to fish from the front of the boat till it light enough to get rid of it all ::).

Zeeke
25-02-2004, 09:34 AM
no finger pointing around here Touchy old mate.. theres always 4 pointing right back at ya ;)

Sounds like u had fun Jeff :-X

Tim

Gorilla_in_Manila
25-02-2004, 09:41 AM
no finger pointing around here Touchy old mate.. theres always 4 pointing right back at ya ;)

Tim

4 pointing back at you?
How many fingers you got Tim?
Not from Tassie are you? ;D

Lucky_Phill
25-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Don't laugh boys, mate of mine put 220 ltrs in a 21ft Alloy before realising he had a 150 ltr tank. Yep, 220 ltrs straight into the rod holder.

He pulled the bung at the servo, after filling the ' real 'tank.

NO I was not there. But what would you do ?

Phill

jeffo
25-02-2004, 10:35 AM
;D and once again phills story takes the cake..... ;D

Zeeke
25-02-2004, 10:59 AM
nah... im not from Tassie..but my old man is from victoria and i think they are a hybrid.. heh.. ok.. 3 fingers and a thumb pointing back at ya

Tim

Big_Kev
26-02-2004, 03:45 AM
Don't laugh boys, mate of mine put 220 ltrs in a 21ft Alloy before realising he had a 150 ltr tank. Yep, 220 ltrs straight into the rod holder.

That sounds remarkably like your boat Phil.
I think you may be hiding the truth from us.
I bet the servo people wouldn't have liked that fuel running on the ground.
Could have ended up like Willy Coyote and the flames chasing the boat down the road.
Cheers Kev.

Lucky_Phill
26-02-2004, 11:54 AM
NO Kev, wasn't me. But I can reveal, that the boat, this happened to, was once known as " The Corneto Express ".

Some of you may have heard of it. ?

Phill

TimNQ
29-02-2004, 08:06 AM
Im finally down here guys. Officially a sequeenslander. ;D See you all next weekend eh
Tim

Zeeke
29-02-2004, 08:25 AM
good stuff Tim.. u at Chancelor Park or down at Caloundra???

Tim

TimNQ
01-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Ill be in caloundra as of tomorow staying at a caravan park till saturday when im moving into a unit on kings beach. Im in buderim atm. near jeffo's actually, ill drop in for tea shall i ;D ;D ;D
Tim

jeffo
01-03-2004, 02:16 PM
fresh fish pearlies, parrot and moses perch for me for tea tonight ;D LOL.

Brissyguy
01-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Welcome to SEQ Tim.
We probably cant match the fishing that you're used to but it's a great place anyway.
Besdies where else will you find El MacTuna himself, hey Jeffo lmfao... ;D

Cheers,
Rich.

searaider
01-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Hi guys ,
If the weather is half desent I'll see you there .
I'll be leaving the southern ramp with our small fishing club from work ,
probably at 3AM .
Back for our way in around lunch time .
What radio channel do you normaly use , I have both 27meg & VHF .
I normaly sit on Channel 96 27meg , If the weathers good and we go out wide , I'll be on channel 73 vhf .

Peter
Searaider 2

DaneCross
02-03-2004, 01:35 PM
Just looking at the 4 day outlook chart on Brownies, the weather aint lookn too crash hot for the weekend. The forecast has a reasonably intense low stitting on our heads at 9pm Friday night. Correct me if I'm wrong but that aint sounding real good... :-/ Its also blowing 20/30kn all week from the SE with a 3m+ swell... a river trip maybe?
Dane

jeffo
02-03-2004, 03:23 PM
and ALWAYS believe what the BOM say ;D ::) LOL. they cant even get the following day right, plenty of time for it to change... heres hoping it does. saturday night will be perfect for chasing a few reefies. if the weather doesnt come good im always keen to fish where ever. so its any ones call.

sharkbait
02-03-2004, 03:29 PM
If the wind is up another option would be to meet at the ramp/park at golden beach caloundra, and fish the passage. I believe there are bbqs tables etc there and a half decent ramp.

jaybee
02-03-2004, 03:44 PM
i gotta work now :'( oh well time off at easter they promise
a not so cheers
joe

Zeeke
02-03-2004, 06:05 PM
i just hope i can afford the 5min drive to the river and the 10litres of juice for the boat considering i just found out that the powerpack is possibly rooted on my boats engine and that will cost $400 plus $150 for 12mos service and labour.. plus car rego.. plus car payments and insurance.. yikes

Tim

raefpud
02-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Awww, poor Timmy. Doesnt sound good mate, but hey, welcome to the world of paying bills, welcome to my world.

I just might know a way u could earn some quick cash without having to sell ur body, u could even have a spare boat u could use !!!!!!!

think about it, let me know
raef

vertico
02-03-2004, 07:55 PM
just bung raefs motor on your boat tim, he might not notice for a few months :)

Dylan_Rylatt
02-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi all,
I am new to this site and would love to fish the m&g at mooloolaba and pay for costs... on the saturday...... but has to work sunday..... so if any one is going up for the saturday........ and needs crew I have all gear but am land based at the moment... pls write back
thx Dylan Rylatt
p.s I am from Wynnum manly area Brisbane

jeffo
03-03-2004, 02:24 AM
[issued 0436 Tuesday]
DOUBLE ISLAND POINT TO COOLANGATTAA strong wind warning has been issued.
Tuesday until midnight: SE winds 20/30 knots. Seas to 3 metres on a 2 to 3
metre SE to E swell. Showers.
Wednesday: SE winds 25/33 knots. Seas to 3 metres on a 2 to 3 metre SE to E
swell. Showers
Thursday: SE winds 25/35 knots.
Friday: SE/E winds 30/40 knots.

WHOLEY MOLEY!! :o it only meant to get stronger. maybe there is a nice little pub some where we can have our meet and greet ;D ::) going by that forecast even the rivers and passage will be choppy >:(

JB
03-03-2004, 04:46 AM
hahah my thoughts exaclty jeffo i just sent an email to dc bout it, pretty gay weather thats for sure.

Zeeke
03-03-2004, 07:31 AM
welp... im back in action.. $702.70 later.. few things wrong but all fixed, just took boat for a run and sounds a hell of a lot better..

Tim

DaneCross
03-03-2004, 03:47 PM
DOUBLE ISLAND POINT TO COOLANGATTAA strong wind warning has been issued.
Tuesday until midnight: #SE winds 20/30 knots. Seas to 3 metres on a 2 to 3
metre SE to E swell. Isolated showers. #
Wednesday: #SE winds 25/33 knots. Seas to 3 metres on a 2 to 3 metre SE to E
swell. Scattered showers
Thursday: #E/SE winds increasing to 30/40 knots.
Friday: #NE/E winds increasing to 40/50 knots.

50kn!!! It keeps getting better :o :o :o Pub's sounding better and better, thats if the roof doesn't blow off! ;D

DaneCross
03-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Hmmm, posted here before I read Phill's weather thread... sorry to repeat.

Lucky_Phill
04-03-2004, 11:33 AM
No worries Dane.

Well if the weather is going to be as predicted, we could still get together somewhere.

The Golden Beach thing sounds OK, BUT, it faces S/E- E. We'd be blown to Maleny.

If it's a BBQ lunch, somewhere like Shelley Beach which has a headland behind it protecting it from S/E winds. OR, there could some pubs/ clubs around.

The Caloundra Hotal has a Beer Garden thingie that is pretty well protected.

La Balsa Park itself, is fairly protected from S/E'ers.

We'll keep an eye on the weather. I see already the winds are easing for Saturday to 33knots, so maybe by Sunday they will be down to 20, and in that case a bbq at La Balsa on Sunday, is still on the cards.

Cheers for now.

Phill

Zeeke
04-03-2004, 11:56 AM
even with the strong winds, you can still do a lil bit of reef donging just outside the entrance.. there is some small patches of reef all around and along the shark nets.. tis where most locals nail there mackeral.. on rough days.. its still fairly protected in behind point cartwright.. and there are sweetlip and some other reef species being taken along the rocky bottom around the point

Tim

mackmauler
04-03-2004, 12:02 PM
perfect conditions for a pub meet, caloundra is a long walk home though ??? maybe a few beers in front of the computer, be there in spirit anyway ;) ;)

jeffo
04-03-2004, 01:50 PM
if that wind does ease a bit as they predict then we should be able to find some where to fish/ eat/drink ;D rob.. its only a long walk if you aint drunk enough for it ;D ::)

Lucky_Phill
05-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Having a squiz at the forecast at Thursday night. The predicted situation for SUNDAY is w/sw 10 -15. That's fishable. Don't know if the seas will have abated by then though?

So at this stage, I'd call a SUNDAY M & G. At the very least, the BBQ at La Balsa Pk is ON !

everyone still up ?

Phill 8)

sominc
05-03-2004, 05:52 PM
be there with bells on

searaider
05-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Hi Phil ,
If your still planning a BBQ Sunday ,I'll probable leave the boat at home & just drive up for the Afternoon and say Gooday to the Guys & Gals .
What time do you estermate that the BBQ may start ?
Is there any way to Identify the group ?

Peter
Searaider 2

Zeeke
05-03-2004, 09:57 PM
ill be there i think... heh.. ofcourse i will be!

Tim

jeffo
06-03-2004, 02:30 AM
yes i shall be there!! looking at the report now it is saying that those winds are going to swing NE saturday arvo and drop to 15-20 knots by night time, then swing W/NW saturday night and blow like that on sunday... if so the swell should back off pretty quick so sunday morning could be worth a fish! i will chech the weather report tomorrow and i will be able to give you all a swell report tomorrow arvo :D

sharkbait
06-03-2004, 04:42 AM
Have to work sunday, good luck fellas. Phill have a coldy for me ;D Is anyone fishing next week if the weather comes good, monday or friday are looking good for me.

Lucky_Phill
06-03-2004, 03:52 PM
OK, #in ya refidex, you'll see La Balsa Pk is situated East of the car park at the Sth Ramp, at Mooloolaba. #ie:- #opposite side of the river to the Yatch Club.

Ausfish will be there with a stand alone BBQ ( so we can use it at our leisure ). #Table and chairs. ( sorry no Banner ).

I'll be the one answering the mobile ph number :- 0419 020 697.Time to eat is about 1pm ( I'll be there from 12 ). #Feel free to drop in anytime. #

Contact Zeeke here or in his web site if you want to do a river fish in the Morning. #Offshore is still unsure. By the way, this is for SUNDAY.

Anyone needing lifts or want / need crew, better post now and get it sorted.
<>< #<>< #<>< #<>< #<>< #<><

Cheers # Phill

Zeeke
06-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Morning and Afternoon is ur best bet on river.. i usually hit the water around 3:30am and fish around the trawlers till 9am.. then head up river into the natural stuff, theres a few things to dodge tho if your using a larger boat, up past the 2 main bridges (McKenzies and the Motorway) about 800 meters up after passing the 3 navigational drums there is a small island to the left, keep to the right side in the main river channel all the way till you get to a man made rock wall, then your navigation is pretty much the same all the way the rest of the river.. the reason for keeping to the right side is, the bottom is shallow and turns into 500 meters of rock bottom, and we dont need anyone smashing props ;) but considering how the conditions are, i recommend fishing around the canals and up near the small sand bars near the mouth.. the fresh should flush the fish down river and pack them up, possibly providing some hot fishing!

Tim

sominc
07-03-2004, 12:02 PM
If anyone needs a crew im ur man.

Cheers