PDA

View Full Version : We Got It! We Got It!!

Mudcrab
05-03-2004, 01:20 PM
On Tuesday next week, the floating jetty starts construction at the Victoria Point northern boat ramp!
This will be the ONLY one in Moreton Bay and whilst somewhat restricted at low tide (2 to 4 boats only) it will nonetheless provide some 12 "parking spots" for Boaties to pull up and dock onto. The days of Mum up to her neck in the water hanging onto a leaping thrashing boat in a 4 knot current and howling south easter will be gone. Whilst our rescue boats have been BANNED from using the Jetty (Recreational use old chap you know!) we will nonetheless utilize it using common sense to affect faster responses to those in need. Our local Council has warned us that they will hit us with a parking ticket every time we tie up to the jetty!

Lucky_Phill
05-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Now for the rest of the ramp around Brisvegas
goodnews anyway.

Phill

Billo
05-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Good to hear they are finally doing something !

I think what we really need in the area are cleaning tables aswell .....come in mighty handy !

skippa
05-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Yes, it's good to see the RSC have finally got off their butts and are actually doing something positive for us boaties. I recall it was supposed to be completed Sept last year?, then Feb 04 was the date selected.

Can't help but be cynical, but isn't the RSC elections on soon? ::)

I can't belive that the Vicky Point VMR aren't allowed to use the new facility at all, how short sighted is the council? Lets hope none of them require the services of the VMR.

Cheers,
Skippa 8)

jaybee
06-03-2004, 05:50 PM
any news of the progress on whyte island, is it just the car park they are doing or are they going full out to do every thing, pontoon, board walk, picnic area etc
cheers
Joe

Heath
06-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Thats great news.

NOW, how about providing us with a contact in the council who we can pound with emails of disgust over the fact that VMR are not allowed to use the jetty?

We have a large membership here, lets make our concerns heard.

straddie
06-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Has there been any official correspondance stating that rescue boats won't be permitted to use it and they will be fined as well if they do?

If it is the case then I think a few of the local papers would have a lot of fun with the council over banning rescue boats from using the jetty. If there is an election coming up even better.

Great idea as well Heath. If required,

Telephone: (+617) (07) 3829 8999
Email: rsc@redland.qld.gov.au
Write: PO Box 21
Cleveland
QLD 4163
Fax: 3829 8765

Kerry
07-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Surely the council wouldn't be that stupid ???

Cheers, Kerry.

Brett_Finger
08-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Fellas,
we are talking LOCAL council,so anything thay do would NOT supprise me. (or anyon else i would assume).

fineing a rescue vessell from tieing up during an emergancy would not fall short outright stupidity. :-/

i'm sure if thay ( the council) get bombed with enough e-mails of discust thay will see how stupid this decission is!!

Hookin,Brett >:(