PDA

View Full Version : next south east QLD meet and greet-ideas thread

jeffo
09-03-2004, 01:56 PM
alrighty then.... phil and webby are not to keen on organising Meets so i will take it upon myself to get the ball rolling, as the one on the weekend just gone as a little quiet.
might as well start throwing a few ideas around to see what we can come up with.... i spose having them closer to brissy and the bay will get more people?? i dont know the area down there very well so i will jsut take your word for it ;D
personally i like the sounds of the freshwater camping trips as they arnt as weather reliant as the past few have been.
maybe we can narrow it down to say 3 or 4 spots then get a bit of a poll going.

jeff :D

NeilD
09-03-2004, 03:05 PM
We could ask the Ranger on South Straddie if he has any ideas ;D.
I would like to get to one to meet you all. What about the Bedrooms / Pin area.
Cheers Neil

DaneCross
09-03-2004, 03:34 PM
I'd be in a 'pin M&G, have a few beers at Tipplers maybe? ;D

Dylan_Rylatt
09-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Me and Michael_Brewer will be up for a "PIN" M&G!!! would both be very keen to get into the tailor, can anyone point me in the right direction of when the peak season is for tailor, Winter I'm guessing? I'm keen as to get down there! so count us both in for a pin M&G.
cheers brother's!!!!!!
BIG DYL and Lil Mick!!!

goodoo
09-03-2004, 04:36 PM
;D AS A FRESHY ACAMPING WEEKEND SOUNDS GOOD GOODOO

sominc
09-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Id in for a pin Meet & Greet

Jeremy
10-03-2004, 03:01 AM
The 'pin is fresh at the moment isn't it ;D ;D

Jeremy

Billo
10-03-2004, 12:55 PM
I'll be there .....where ever you choose on.

The pin sounds like a great idea ..so does a fresh water fish session ..either or

buggerit
10-03-2004, 01:27 PM
When y'all thinking about ?

Lucky_Phill
10-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Here's a little idea, Jeff.

How about a M & G at the Carpbusters ( Easter 2005 ), as the one coming up is very close. ( p,p,p,p,p,p,p )

This will give people plenty of notice, weather is no probs, and you WILL be able to catch fish and you don't have to clean the suckers , should you catch a bucketload.

There is camping available on private properties, so access to Carp will be a walk/ cast from the XXXX area.

Also could be a family thingie. I'm sure the kids would love to dong a few ferels ! Also, no boats required.

Just a thought !

Phill

Lucky_Phill
10-03-2004, 01:36 PM
And, it's not that " we're not keen " it's just that like all membership based organisations, I believe the more that get invovled and take a little responsibility, the better the whole game becomes.

It is never a problem to get things going ;D ;D

Phill ;)

Zeeke
10-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Holy Quacking Duck Sh!t, Phill, bloody excellent idea, lets dong a few gold fish!! im all for that!!

Tim

caveman
10-03-2004, 03:36 PM
phil you are a man of many talents

Billo
10-03-2004, 05:29 PM
I have been thinking about getting out and fishing the last couple ...but never got to it . :-/ ....so whats the deal ?? costs ? where abouts ?

MarcusD
10-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Billo - http://www.carpbusters.com.au

I'm thinking of doing it this year... gives me something to do over Easter!

bugman
11-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Guys,

Just another idea that has sort of been raised here before but never taken very far. This would have to be a fairly long term organised event but what about a Fraser M&G.

Winter - obviously - mixing camping and fishing for probably a week. We could cater for the offshore brigade and also the beach fraternity. Outside of the Fraser comp would be good.

I know a lot of guys do their own trip but an Ausfish trip might be an alternative to the regular.

Alternatively - with winter approaching (May-June) what about North Straddie trip to chase bream/tailor/jew - camping and fishing probably over a weekend or maybe a long weekend?

PS Phil - what is your new skill ?????

Bugman

jeffo
11-03-2004, 01:58 PM
i like the sounds of the carp busting thingy ;D if the weather is no good that weekend i might go and fish it this year if any one else is keen on doing the same ???

Zeeke
11-03-2004, 02:01 PM
im keen Jeff

Lucky_Phill
11-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Well, Brett, I have many skills.

One skill I picked up a few years ago, was the " Magic Bottle Trick "

It goes a little like this. When I first open a bottle of Scotch, I am a Man. Half way thru I am a Clown. On completion of that bottle I turn into a "Blithering Idiot:. A skill, easily maintained throughout my adulthood.

A man of many skills, I may be, a man wearing many hats, I may be. A Journalist.............Never !

I came , I saw, I conversed !

Cheers Phill-O-Phylosifer

Zeeke
11-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Dont forget your the man who weilds the hairy brush.. down in the valley where nobody goes

Tim

jewies
11-03-2004, 03:42 PM
what tim your going to try and dong a few carp on your plastics ;D

Zeeke
11-03-2004, 06:17 PM
my oath Tom, Carp are a sucker for a well presented soft plastic or fly (hint hint to the flyfishers out there!)

Tim