PDA

View Full Version : Charter recommendations.

Brett_Hoskin
14-03-2004, 10:28 AM
I would like to take my father on a 7 day fishing charter before he drops off his perch.

I think inshore , Barra, jack, mackeral, salmon , trevally etc would be a good choice rather than a big bluewater tour.

I am only a dopey sales rep so I not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination and all of the charters I have found on the net will require me to get my wife to get another 2 jobs while I take up robbing banks for a month or 2.

Has anyone been on any of these sorts of charters and if so was it value for money, and how flexible were the day to day activities etc.

Thanks

Brett

DRJ
14-03-2004, 11:52 AM
G'Day Brett

I assume (not always the smartest thing to do) your looking in the Mackay area.

If so try Seaforth Fishing Tours. If you tell Arthur what you want I am sure he will set up a trip to suit you. He covers primarily the sort of stuff your looking for and the dams.

He is a sponsor of MAFSA so I am giving him a plug but he has been around a long time and I haven't heard any bad reports - quite the opposite.

His phone number is on the sponsors page of www.mafsa.com

Regards
Darren

Brett_Hoskin
14-03-2004, 12:41 PM
Hi Darren,
No I was thinking about something up the Cape, in the NT ,Broome etc.
Unfortunately from what I have seen advertised there won't be much change from 10K including air fares. That's a bit too much.

Any ideas

What about Shoalwater Bay??

basserman
14-03-2004, 01:51 PM
have you thought of townsville???
there are alot of charters up there and cover almost everything it sounds like you want :D