PDA

View Full Version : fishing clubs

caloundra
24-03-2004, 09:48 AM
hi
does anyone know of any good fishing clubs on the southern end of the sunshine coast? i am new to the area and an mad keen on finding some good spots and people to fish with.
anyone recomend some good spots?i have a boat (4m tinny with a merc 20)so heading out through the bar ain't a problem(on a good day)

thank
caloundra

this site rocks [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Jeremy
24-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Hi there Caloundra,

I suggest you have a look at www.ansaqld.com.au They have a good list of fishing club Queensland wide. I know of one at Bribie Is which may suit you and there are also a couple on the Sunshine Coast.

There is extensive reef off Caloundra from Bray rock out to the 12 mile reef and beyond. One of the main mackerel grounds is Hamilton Patches which is 2-3 km south of the NW Fairway. The NW fairway is also worth a look for mackerel. There are usually tuna during Summer-Autumn all along that area, particularly from the tip of Bribie Is to Currimundi in 10-20 m.

You can catch squire, parrot, sweetlip etc on the reef between Brays and the NW Fairway buoy, but prepared to release alot of undersize fish, though there is the odd very nice fish.

There are a few good spots on the reefs all the way out. I suggest you leave your sounder on while travelling on trolling and mark patches of fish or bait schools. Bigger fish can often be found hanging around bait schools. You can also have a look near other anchored boats and mark a spot on your GPS or have a fish, but don't anchor too close.

There are a few other members of this site who I am sure will add to this.

Good luck,

Jeremy

jeffo
24-03-2004, 12:05 PM
:D welcome to the sunshine coast! there is the sunshine coast sportfishing club, sunshine coast game fishing club and the mooloolaba game fishing club. the MGFC meets on the last tuesday of each month(next tuesday) at the mooloolaba yahct club. the SCGFC meets on the first thursday ( ???) of each month(next thursday) at the kawana hotel, and the SCSPC meet on the second thursday of each month at the mooloolaba coast gaurd. so take your pick. OR go to all of them and see which one you like best ;)

Lucky_Phill
24-03-2004, 01:37 PM
What about the Jeff & Mel Beer swilling, marlin catching, little boat trolling, Grassie Grabbing fishing & Social Club ?

Jeff ?

Phill ;D

jeffo
24-03-2004, 01:54 PM
or that one! that meets most calm weekends a couple of KM's off currimundi lake! BE THERE! ::) ;D

caloundra
24-03-2004, 03:16 PM
thanks guys i went to one club that meet at caloundra power boat club but it was more like a secret society than a fishing club. i think i might try the scspc, or the jeff and mel social club sounds like a smooth operation

caloundra
24-03-2004, 04:14 PM
jeffo are you a local to the sunshine coast ? im from camden in sydney 1 hr from the water its great to live so close to the water with such an abundance of fish [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

jeffo
24-03-2004, 04:32 PM
yeah mate i am a local ;D..
and to correct my first post... the sunshine coast game fishing club meetings are on the first TUESDAY of each month.. not THURSDAY as i first said.

caloundra
24-03-2004, 05:10 PM
sniper do you have a boat or are you a land based angler?
do you get out often?

caloundra
25-03-2004, 09:39 AM
anyone members of any of these clubs??
any info??

jeffo
25-03-2004, 11:13 AM
i was the club captain and tagging officer of the sunshine coast sportfishing club a few years back... not a member any more, have only been to one of their meetings lately.
i am a member of the MGFC at present.