PDA

View Full Version : Anglers to get fishing licence reminder letters

nsw_fisheries
25-03-2004, 12:33 PM
http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/gen/news/fb_04mar22_letters.htm

"This document has been posted for information and to encourage discussion among yourselves. For more information from NSW Fisheries on the issue, please visit our web site on www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au"

Lucky_Phill
25-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Anglers to get fishing licence reminder letters
March 22, 2004
Anglers will now be sent letters reminding them to renew their recreational fishing licences, the Director-General of NSW Fisheries, Steve Dunn, said today.

Mr Dunn said the new reminder system has been requested by anglers and will make it easier to renew licences at the right time.

“The system begins this week, with letters being sent to around 30,000 one and three year licence holders whose licences expire during April,” he said.

“As the licence was extended to saltwater areas from March 2001, now is a good time to begin the system because many three-year licences are expiring.”

Mr Dunn said the letters include advice on how to renew licences and information on how funds from the licence are spent.

“All money raised from the licence is placed into recreational fishing trusts and used to improve recreational fishing. Expenditure is overseen by two angler committees – one for saltwater and one for freshwater.

“More than 467,000 recreational fishing licences were sold in 2002/03, generating revenue of around $8.4 million.”

Mr Dunn said one-year and three-year licences accounted for around half of all licences sales.

The four licence types are three days ($5), one month ($10), one year ($25) and three years ($70).

MEDIA INQUIRIES: Eric Aubert on 8437 4948 or 0419 185 375.

webmaster@fisheries.nsw.gov.au | Terms of use including Copyright & Privacy Statement | Phone: (02) 9527 8411

basserman
25-03-2004, 01:03 PM
well a rough calcuation sayed 467000 times $25 (price of a year licence) came to
$11 675 000.00 now i know not all licence where a yearly one but still thats a bigger fiugure than mr dunns i'm sure other are smarter and may divide this up and come up with a better understanding of the split between yearly and mounthly and remeber a three yearly costs $70 ;D

also for my winge i wonder who pays for these reminders and postage and how much that would cost???

caveman
25-03-2004, 03:26 PM
well i gotta say its agood idear as i live in QLD and only fish NSW a few time a year and don't look at my licence that often, i had no idear when my last one ran out, i thought i would get a reminder like rego or something but no you didnt so i give it the thumbs up

cheers gary