PDA

View Full Version : New Lure, Your Thoughts

cHiCo
01-04-2004, 12:44 PM
This made the front of this weeks local free paper.I will post the text shortly. What are your views on it?

cHiCo
01-04-2004, 12:46 PM
"THE one that got away" may become a thing of the past if keen fisherman Ken Appleby has his way.
Mr Appleby has invented a lure designed to increase the number of fish caught.
"This lure is filled with its own environmentally-friendly food to entice the hungriest of fish species," he said.
"Pulled through the water, the berley trail entices the fish to bite, increasing your chances of a strike.
"The lure has an amazing new trigger-loaded hook action, allowing the
By STAGEY CARRICK
hook to sink into the hardiest of mouths without harming the animal.
"Everyone talks about the ones that get away because they let go of the hook. This means people will have a greater chance of catching fish."
The Kurrimine Beach resident said his invention had the potential to be used by anglers all over the world.
"This lure is so unique it may go worldwide," Mr Appleby said.
"There are 54 million registered fishermen in the US and six million in Australia.
"The market is unbelievable. It's enormous. But because it's a recreational item it's hard to gauge how successful it will be."
Mr Appleby was born with one arm shorter than the other, but he doesn't let that stop him doing what he wants to do.
"It's never been a problem," he said. "I can do everything people with two arms can do. I'm still intellectually and physically fit."
It's that attitude that helps Mr Appleby achieve what he wants in life.
"I've been fishing since I was a little boy," he said. "I don't always catch
something, but it's fantastic trying.
"Fishing covers all people from all age groups and all walks of life. It's a worldwide pastime. It's a thrill to be outdoors.
"It's free and it's environmentally challenging. There's no closed doors — what better way to live?"
Mr Appleby has tested his invention at Kurrimine Beach and in the Hinchinbrook Passage.
"I caught more than I normally would," he said. "It meets all my expectations — it achieves what I want it to. I'm immensely proud of it."

cHiCo
01-04-2004, 12:50 PM
heres the rest of the article

Mr Appleby has patented his lure under the "Moby" trademark and has manufactured about 300,
He is hoping to sell his lure rights to an investor.
But it's not just the lure the investor would have the licence for, it's also his special blend of liquid berley.
"I will sell the berley to whoever buys the rights to the lure," he said. "1 use a special recipe to attract the fish."
Mr Appleby wants to sell the rights to the lures so he can continue to do what he loves — fishing.
"I don't want to be stuck in the shed in the back yard making lures," he said.
"1 want to sell the rights so I can keep fishing. Making the berley is hard enough, but to be stuck in a production line would be too much. This would get me out of the factory."
The lure has been through a number of stages to gel where it is today.
"I've been refining it through trial and error," Mr Appleby said. If you are interested in investing in "Moby" lures or would like further information, e-mail Mr Appleby at mobyjures (<nbijipond.com.au

basserman
01-04-2004, 12:55 PM
bloody big bream lure :P

Billo
01-04-2004, 03:11 PM
It looks like half a chair leg ...with a pop rivet in the side and hooks in the back ! ?

wouldn't be willing to give it a rating ....be interesting to see work though , if it does

beatle
01-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Ho Hum!! - :-X :-X

WHITTO
01-04-2004, 03:59 PM
I can think of another application,Put on a good pair of polariods,spot the fish and cast hoping to hit the fish which will stun the fish giving you enough time to retrieve the fish, If you are land based you will need a really long landing net,LOL,Cheers Whitto ;) ;)

basserman
01-04-2004, 04:07 PM
LMAO@Whitto

beatle
01-04-2004, 06:03 PM
It's almost April fools day!!!!!

raefpud
01-04-2004, 06:28 PM
I like the look of this one, am hoping more will head in its way. for those of you that havent seen it before its a lucky craft live minnow. There is also a version that has a pull string and it tail swings side to side automatically, pretty cool huh.

Brenno
02-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Where abouts do you get these lucky craft live minnows from?

they look like they would have a good action.

raefpud
02-04-2004, 01:03 PM
I dont think many places in Australia would stock them yet, however if you were really keen you would give brad sissins a call at compleat angler in melbourne. To give you a rough estimate, being lucky craft I'm sure they well set you back more than $35, you can get them from basspro or cabelas online if you are real keen.

where_is_dave
03-04-2004, 08:37 AM
They had 'em at the Northside Marine tackle stand at the tinnie and tackle last week.