PDA

View Full Version : Weather report??

DaneCross
03-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Phill pointed this out a couple of weeks back, but they've done it again - overlapped todays and tomorrows forecasts but given different predictions. Admittedly its only a 0.4m difference in sea height, but its an obvious inaccuracy... >:(

[issued 1056 Friday]
FORECAST FOR MORETON BAY
Friday until midnight: #NE winds about 10 knots this afternoon and evening with 0.9 metre seas in the western bay. E/SE winds at 10/15 knots overnight tending S/SW at 10 knots early morning, seas to 1 metre. SE winds 15/20 knots tomorrow with 1.2 metre seas in the western bay. Isolated showers.
Saturday: #SE winds 15/20 knots. Lighter winds inshore early. Seas 1.6 metres. Showers.

DC

Kerry
03-04-2004, 09:05 AM
The height difference is between "the western bay" and the rest of the bay forecast proper.

During Saturday (after early lighter winds) 15/20 knots seas 1.2m in the western bay and 1.6 metres for Moreton bay proper after lighter winds inshore early.

Cheers, Kerry.

DaneCross
03-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Cheers Kerry, thanks for clearing that up.

Lucky_Phill
04-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Still doesn't hide the FACT, that one more than 1 ocassion during the week, the forecast is different in corrosponding times.

I didn't check the paper Friday, but, I was working outside. Does anyone remember the forecast on Thursday morning, for Friday ?

I do, 15-20knots. Not a bloody breath on Friday, So good in fact, I down tools and went fishing.

I suppose, Kerry, it gets down to this. Stick ya head out the window, if ya get wet it's raining, if you don't, it's not.

Western Bay ( moreton Bay ) friday arvo at 5pm, Seas 0.2 mtrs, wind 7 knots East. At 8pm, wind 10 knots S/E and seas 0.4mtrs.

That is a True, on water NowCast !

Cheers Phill

allniter
04-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Yes you're right Phil, we went out on thursday night because the bureau of unreliability forecast 15 - 20 se on friday.

Kerry
04-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Phill, there's new technology these days, piece of string, saves ya having to open the window #;D and if you want to be told twice you hang 2 pieces of string.

Cheers, Kerry.