PDA

View Full Version : Boat Ramp Info Required

webby
03-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Hi All,
Need some info and your opinions, from all you Brisbane Based Fishos, on some boat ramps from the river to redlands.
There is a second page to this post, where you can download the questions & answers sheet.
Either repost back here, or email to me (email address by P.M. only, as i get enough spam mail asit is).
Any futher comments you many think are warrented can be added.
thanks
regards

webby
03-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Heres the question form.

cHiCo
03-04-2004, 02:20 PM
gonna have a hell of a time writing in a picture. ??? :-/

webby
03-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Mate im as dumb as they come with computers, and i can download into photoshop and type in it, or print it out.
Though all you 16 year old were supposed to be bright.
regards

Lucky_Phill
04-04-2004, 08:22 AM
Maybe, I'm one of those dumb 16 y/o's.

I've tried every way I know to copy, print, paste, download, re-size, scan, etc etc.

I can't get the friggin thing to post.

But, I did write lots of B's & C's in the spaces.

Maybe I can post it to your PO Box ?

or, leave specific instructions on how to fill it in via here ?

Phill

jaybee
04-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Brian have a talk to steve he may be able to make it up as a pdf or word doc file for downloading from the site, just a matter of filling it in then and email back as an attachment.
cheers
Joe

webby
05-04-2004, 05:04 AM
With my computer, i can bring the page up right click on the mouse button and a box comes up, showing you what you can do with it, (save picture as) is in this box, and then you can send it to (my document) or other programs o n the computer.
When the form also comes up in the post, i get a little box comes up which also enables you to (print)
Then you can print it out strait from the post or from my documnet. #since my up grade of puter, i am running xp, #maybe thats the reason why, dont know.
regards

jaybee
05-04-2004, 05:32 AM
i've saved it to my h/d but wont be able to look at it until the first few days of easter at this stage, i have adobe so will be able to make a copy where you can download and fill it in on the pc and email back. bear with me, work hrs are all over the place at present and have heaps of running around to do on my days off this week.
cheers
Joe

Lucky_Phill
05-04-2004, 06:33 AM
Yes Brian, I can get to the H/D, Print it out, even add the a's, b's & C's etc. But becasue it wants to be saved as a Bitmap, the file is way too large to post.

It will be easier to do things with if the file was a word doc, PDF file etc.

Doesn't matter.

Yes, I printed it out and scanned it, but doesn't transfer too well into a readable item when posted.

Will do soemthing else.

Did you se todays Sunday Mail. Boat Ramp Rage article.

Cheers Phill

imported_admin
05-04-2004, 07:23 AM
I have made up another format, in Word.

See attached file, just click on the link at the top of this post where it says, "WebbyBoatRampQuestionaire.doc "

You can then either open it using word or save it to your hard drive and open it later.

Once you have entered the info you can then save it and attach it to a reply to this thread or PM Webby and get his email address from him so you can Email it to him.

If posting it back up as an attachment make sure you rename the file or it will not post as an attachment as there is already a file of the same name.

Lucky_Phill
05-04-2004, 10:48 AM
still a disaster for me. Steve ? This is how it got saved ? sorry.

Boat ramps - River to Redlands
Put an A,B,C or D in each column, with associated problems or other comments for each boat ramp.
A - Good, B - Average, C - Poor, D - Other Comments

Ramp Street Access ParkingRamp ConditionSecurityBoat Parking off RampPinkenbaBBBDCommentsneeds sand , tapWhyte IsBACBDCommentsToo shallow, needs sand and toiltesWynnumCommentsManly MTBCCommentsManly RQYCBABBDCommentsneeds pontoon, snad, tap, toiletsWelloBBCCDCommentsneeds a pulling up area, and S/E wind swell blockRaby BayABBCDCommentsneeds pontoon, sand on LHS, tap, toliets.ToondahCommentsVicky PointBBCCDCommentssnad, facilities, pontoon etc etcWeinam CkCommentsThanks, either post this back on the site or PM Webby for his Email address.

Lucky_Phill
05-04-2004, 10:51 AM
again

Boat ramps - River to Redlands
Put an A,B,C or D in each column, with associated problems or other comments for each boat ramp.
A - Good, B - Average, C - Poor, D - Other Comments

Ramp Street Access Signage Parking Ramp Condition Security Boat Parking off Ramp
Pinkenba
Comments
Whyte Is
Comments
Wynnum
Comments
Manly MTBC
Comments
Manly RQYC
Comments
Wello
Comments
Raby Bay
Comments
Toondah
Comments
Vicky Point
Comments
Weinam Ck
Comments
Thanks, either post this back on the site or PM Webby for his Email address.

Lucky_Phill
05-04-2004, 10:51 AM
maybe it's because I'm 16 ?

Anyone else able to do this ?

Phill

Lucky_Phill
05-04-2004, 10:56 AM
last attempt

bay_firey
05-04-2004, 11:25 AM
G'day Steve
Maybe the file might be best saved as a .txt file for those with out MS Word ???
Then it will open in Works ???
Or does works open .doc files succesfully ??

Just a thought

imported_admin
05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
last attempt

Phill

If posting it back up as an attachment make sure you rename the file or it will not post as an attachment as there is already a file of the same name.

Do not use characters such as [ or ] or the file will be auto deleted. Just use Alphanumeric file names.

webby
05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi All, It seems some with older style programs are having dificulties in down loading. will have a chat with steve and see what we can do.
For those wondering why im requesting this info, I am putting together some stats to see if we can get some upgrading or improvement done to some of the shoddy launching facilities we have in this city.
I am a friend or have know him for sometime, of a ex Labour Premier, and hopefully with his pull we may be able to convince the govt or city council to start spending a little more money on some of these facilities, if anyone ready today (sundays) paper there is also a write up in their about boat facilities.
regardsl

imported_admin
05-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Here is a PDF version of the file

For those that do not have MS Word, maybe Webby can post his Fax Number for you to fax this back to him.

webby
05-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Sorry dont have a fax, to save some dilemas, just send me a pm, with a-b-c-or comments under neath each other, as long as there in the order off the form, and i will no what ramp your talking about.
christ if i had know it was going to be this hard, would have tried something else.
Anyway its up to you people, if you wanna help.
regards

Jeremy
06-04-2004, 03:53 AM
Webby,

if you are going to use this to try to get upgrades to ramps, my thoughts are that EVERY ramp should have a tap boaties can hook a hose to for flushing their motor and hosing the boat down. It makes much more sense to do it at the ramp while the engine is still warm and the gunk hasn't dried. Also doesn't piss the neighbours off at home that way.

The only ramp I know of in Brisbane with a tap I can use is at Fishermans Is.

Jeremy