PDA

View Full Version : Agnes_Jack the TV Star !!!

skippa
18-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Tone,

Ya keeping it a secret mate?, was settled back Tues nite to watch me 'ol mate Thommo in another fishin' or campin' adventure, when to my suprise he was off to visit 1770. (Briz31)

Beauty, I've been there, what's he gonna catch (and inevitably cook) I wonder. If he's smart he'll head to Agnes Bait and Tackle to get some local info.

Tony you did well with guided tours and it looked like the guys scored a good feed. How about that snapper, caught when there was no camera man eh ;) ;) good way to keep a spot x ;) ;)

Can't wait for our next trip up, a beautiful place indeed. So Tell me Tony, is Thommo's cooking good or what??

Cheers,
Tony 8)

cHiCo
18-03-2004, 04:43 PM
if thats the thommo from creek to coast i saw him make banana steak with bacon once. Didnt really tickle my fancy :-X

Zeeke
18-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Crikey Tony, ill have to get your autograph next time im up your way.. ill sell it on Ebay for $10,000 hehheehehe

Tim

Brett_Finger
19-03-2004, 01:55 AM
hay Tim!
speaking of being up this way,where you not heading up this month??
or did i miss the visit,or get the months wrong , or was it somebody else, or i went to sleep, or we had a fish and i forgot, or...... :P
Hookin,Brett ;D

agnes_jack
19-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Gday Skippa
Mate that show is gunna come back and haunt me for the rest of my days! lol ;D It was quite an effort to find fish for the guys. They picked horrible weather and a bad time of the year.
We did manage to get enough to make the show but only by the skin of it! Had enough for thommo to cook up a few feeds though. I was surprised at how good a feed of such simple recipies could taste! He does have the camp cook knack thats for sure. Had a heap of laughs that weekend.

Regards, Tony ;D

Brissyguy
19-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Havent seen the Thomo and Tony adventures yet, hope they re-run it soon.

Cheers,
Rich...

firetruck
19-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Hey Tony as a matter of interest. What is Turkey Beach like?

Is there good fishing around there? Is it far to get around to Round Hill? (i think that's it)

agnes_jack
19-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Firetruck
I've never fished around the turkey area, but I'm sure there is some good fishing to be had there. Every now and then I hear a report or two on the area and it seems to be quite good for barra, jacks and grunter. It is a fair hike for a smaller boat to get to Roundhill creek but quite possible in good weather. I would be more inclined to drive around and re-launch at 1770.
There is access to some good offshore fishing from turkey, and its not that far to bustard head or pancake creek. There is reportedly some good reefies to be had around the southern headland asyou leave rodds harbour (ithink they call that area "split end")

Regards, Tony

skippa
19-03-2004, 03:36 PM
G'Day Tony,

Well, that will happen to ya, old shows never die they just come back and haunt ya. ;D

Yeah by all account Thommo's pretty good with the 'ol camp oven, and I reckon he'd be a funny bugger. We tried a few of his 'recipes' when we've been camping, and they turned out ok, suprised me really.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

Zeeke
19-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Brett... ive been there and back.. expensive trip i must say..

Fuel $120
Accomodations $150
Food and Other Junk $200 (packed food and stuff and didnt buy much while there)
Map of Miriam Vale $7.95
Launch Boat and find out motor is still stuffed!!!! $5 (fuel)
Cost to get bloody motor fixed once home after 4days at Agnes Waters $705

Total - Alot of bloody money for a 4 day fishing trip that was supposed to be on the cheap, but next time ill be up there!! and fishing!!!!!!!!

Tim

raefpud
21-03-2004, 08:25 AM
its amazing what thommo can do with a happy moment, a bottle of creaming soda and a can of pal, lol

agnes_jack
21-03-2004, 08:35 AM
Raef
The mind boggles! LOL ;D ;D ;D

Reel-Job
05-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Nice place to go fishing if your motor does not break down at Fitsroy reef.Had a 6 hour tow back in a twenty knot s/easter

Reel-Job
05-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Agnes you would now the house in my picture ? accross the roar from the car park at the caravan park.

searaider
05-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Nice place to go fishing if your motor does not break down at Fitsroy reef.Had a 6 hour tow back in a twenty knot s/easter

Reel-Job ,
Better you than me . A ( 6 ) Six hour tow in those conditions.
How much fuel did the tow boat use ?

Peter
Searaider 2

catching
06-04-2004, 10:51 AM
1770 agnes and thommo go off