PDA

View Full Version : are cast nets legal in nsw?

shano
05-04-2004, 04:16 PM
like it say are they legal in nsw? and how about drag nets also? the ones that 2 people drag through the water? thanks guys

banshee
05-04-2004, 04:47 PM
G'day Shano,cast nets are not allowed on or adjacent to N.S.W. waterways.I think this includes both banks of the Tweed,I wouldn't have a clue about drag nets.

shano
05-04-2004, 05:33 PM
thanks bud!

ba229
06-04-2004, 06:09 AM
i think you can have a drag net but its length is limited to 6m and the holes between the net need to be of a certain size. the net also has to be registered with fisheries and a fee is paid for the registration of the net for it's lifetime.

basserman
06-04-2004, 08:42 AM
some drag nets do not need to be registard and cast nets are a big no no!
but you will be best to speak to a loacal fishing shop or the closest fisharys dept. if you want to be safe after all it would be a bit ugly for your holiday if you do get caught with something you thought was ok but didn't check

and just a word of warning to anyone comeing to NSW these holidays
the fisherys dept. are haveing a VERY big crack down on all the fishing rules these holidays so make sure you pack you RFL (fishing licence) and KNOW all you leagal fish sizes and bag limits
;) ;) ;)

shano
06-04-2004, 02:36 PM
thanks guys for that just my mates dad asked me to post up on here and ask for him! come on do you think i would go down n.s.w for holidays lol nope!