PDA

View Full Version : Qld Govt urged to ramp up boating facilities

jaybee
13-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Queensland boat owners have been facing a frustrating shortage of public boating ramps over Easter caused by an increase in boat ownership.

The Boating Industry Association of Queensland has asked Queensland Transport Minister Paul Lucas to review the shortage of boat ramps.

Association general manager Barry Hibberd says the Government needs to provide more funding.

"It's just the fact that the registrations have increased so markedly, like a 60 per cent increase since 1993 and in that same time the funding for facilities and infrastructure has declined by about 75 per cent," he said.

Last Update: Saturday, April 10, 2004. 7:35am (AEST)

dasher
13-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Oh dear, and aren't we surprised. ::) Heaps MORE money in, heaps LESS money out. :o And STILL there are those that think an RFL will benefit us. ::)

jaybee
13-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Dasher, the RFL, may benefit us if it is controlled by a governing body other then the government and that body is accountable to both rec fishers and the government, what do you think?

dasher
13-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Mate, I agree, BUT, I have seen what happened in Vic and have a heap of no no's from NSW. Is our gov. that much more honest than them. ??? Maybe 6 months of funding then money starts to disappear. :o ::) Could also threaten the SIP which is working beautifully at the moment. ;D As an example the only thing Vics have got is marine parks and in NSW they bought out licences in one of the rivers and have now sold it back to the pros for $4500 worth of bass fingerlings. :-/ Do I sound pessimistic, nup a whole lot worse mate. Just as an afterthought not sure what it would do for tourism. ??? ::) I agree it sounds like a good idea, but if u think because u pay to fish that u will have a say, dream on. ::) You will end up with the same as our Southern dills - diddly squat. :-X Have a chat with the southern lads and let me know what you think. Not mean't to upset you mate, but I've been there. ::)

jaybee
14-04-2004, 03:45 AM
I have had some feedback from guys in NSW and most of who i have talked to are for it? but there is always two sides of the story, as for a government being honest, weellllll, don't think that will happen in my lifetime.
cheers
joe.

Kerry
14-04-2004, 05:20 AM
.... the RFL, may benefit us if it is controlled by a governing body other then the government and that body is accountable to both rec fishers and the government, what do you think?

This was the approach in NSW, a committie formed from all the different interest groups including rec fishers but from what I heard many opted out once the apparent "intent" of the committies was realized.

Cheers, Kerry.