PDA

View Full Version : Harro on 4BC - "hit him with your best shot"

Nugget
16-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Rod 'Harro' Harrison will co-host 4BC's Talking Fishing Show this Saturday April 17 from 5am.

When it comes to fishing, Harro has "been there, done that".
In fact he has probably caught more fish, broken more 'new ground' and written and filmed more about fishing than any one else in Australia.
Harro will be in the studio to take your calls.

Listen on 1116am - or if you're outside the listening area - www.4bc.com.au

Dave ><>

Lucky_Phill
16-04-2004, 03:05 PM
I'll have to ask him why he calls ' lures ', looooores ?

Phill ;)

searaider
16-04-2004, 03:49 PM
On Ya Phil,
I often wondered the same thing .
Harro is a fishing legend I'll be interested in what he has to say .

Peter
Searaider 2

Fitzy
16-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Think he spells his pronounciation as "lehres", if you can understumble what I'm trying to say.
I've asked him before but aint gonna spill the beans here. Give him a call & find out. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

I'll be on the road to Borumba Dam & will tune in for sure.

Fitzy..

SeaHunt
16-04-2004, 07:17 PM
I might get up at 5 to go fishing , but to listen to someone talk about it on the radio, thats pushing it.
I think I will be still getting over a hangover, shit at 5 I might be still working on one. [smiley=freak.gif]

CHRIS_aka_GWH
17-04-2004, 07:47 AM
WE ARE NOT WORTHY !!!

and I'm serious not taking the micky. I will read anything the man writes, he has a gift with the written word.

Touchy - R.I.P.
17-04-2004, 09:01 AM
OH YE OF THE OLD PLASTER CASTER, (or should that read retired violin player :o)I would be very interested in any thoughts Harro may have on the new fishing party. Will you be raising the subject with him?. Cheers T.><>.

Randall
17-04-2004, 11:21 AM
Would be interested in his opinion on the current trend of targetting pest species with soft plastics!! ;D

Now I`ve gone and done it...offended 50% of the fishing population!!!

Run Randall, Run!!!

RG ;D

even though i used to be a importer of the the 'Big Bite bait" range. ;D ;D
BF :D

Nugget
17-04-2004, 01:10 PM
I'll put the question to Harro Touchy - should be interesting.

Don't know anything about that one Randall - straight over my head mate - but I'll put the question to the big fella.

By the way I'm sporting a new aluminium braced support that came in a lovely n...ple pink colour complete with straight jacket straps.
Lucky I'm ambidextrous as it is difficult to unzip the fly.

Dave ><>

Lucky_Phill
17-04-2004, 01:49 PM
No doubt about it Dave, you pull in the big guns ;)

Phill

Fitzy
17-04-2004, 03:45 PM
WE ARE NOT WORTHY !!!

and I'm serious not taking the micky. I will read anything the man writes, he has a gift with the written word.

Then you'll love his books that are well on the way. I've had the pleasure of reading a couple of short bits from them & been lucky to have a little input into the freshwater book.

Classic Harro at his best! #;D

Fitzy..

PinHead
17-04-2004, 03:52 PM
OK..I am gunna plead ignorance...who is he..I might have to listen in..I have never heard of the man.

Plus...surname of Harrison and nicknamed Harro...would hate that...Harry would be better

Fitzy
17-04-2004, 04:27 PM
OK..I am gunna plead ignorance...who is he..I might have to listen in..I have never heard of the man.

Plus...surname of Harrison and nicknamed Harro...would hate that...Harry would be better
He's been catchin fish around the globe, writting articles, making videos, pioneering techniques & keeping the bastards honest (in the fishing industry) for 30 odd years. Was reading his stuff as a kid.
Go to http://www.harro.com.au/ for enlightenment.

Fitzy..

Zeeke
17-04-2004, 04:56 PM
i hope you do better then i did today Fitzy at Borumba, i went there today, only managed 2 small 20cm bass trolled up on a gold barred "Largemouth Lure".. fished for 6hrs, throwing lures from plastics to hardbodys to spinnerbaits and not a single touch.... then again.. im no freshwater fisho either...

Tim

Fitzy
17-04-2004, 05:37 PM
i hope you do better then i did today Fitzy at Borumba, i went there today, only managed 2 small 20cm bass trolled up on a gold barred "Largemouth Lure".. fished for 6hrs, throwing lures from plastics to hardbodys to spinnerbaits and not a single touch.... then again.. im no freshwater fisho either...

Tim
Hey Tim,
Not after bass, am heading up just to catch up with a few mates that will be there & for a couple of us to get a saratoga each to bring home for stocking in a new location in the Brissy Valley region. :-X Good chance to kill two birds with one stone. Think spinners will produce a couple for us if we cant get any on fly.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Randall
17-04-2004, 06:32 PM
even though i used to be a importer of the the 'Big Bite bait" range. ;D ;D
BF #:D

I`ve been busted!!!!! ;D
Remind me to moderate you next time Mr moderator!!

Have you forgotten I`ll be popping in on Monday? Be afraid.

Randall. 8)

Brett_Finger
18-04-2004, 03:20 AM
See ya monday Maaaaaaaaaaaaaate,

you wear ya best clobber fella,
we got to meet with the big boss in regards to promotional vid ;)
Hookin,Ya Friendly Moderator ;D

basserman
18-04-2004, 08:14 AM
only managed 2 small 20cm bass trolled up on a gold barred "Largemouth Lure".
Tim

timbo whats going on??? fishing that bad your resorting to sinning and going on the troll! ;)

Zeeke
19-04-2004, 05:10 PM
yea mate, thinking bout giving up fishing and being an internet geek heh.. nah.. couldnt do that.. first time at Borumba.. i aint a freshwater fisho either.. so yea.. im allowed to troll

Tim