PDA

View Full Version : Radio Course - they did you proud!

Mudcrab
23-04-2004, 04:54 AM
Congrats to Phil and Peter who creamed in the Marine Radio Course we ran a few weeks back! Only one guy out of the whole ten failed - well above average. Personally I think it was due to the brilliance, intelligence, charisma and awe inspiring instructor who ran the two night course!! Anybody could pass after listening to him! Nah, well done guys - a long and hard course but you made it!
So, what now? Any more contenders like to try to improve their skills and knowledge and also be legal with a licence? We didn't charge anything for the course except the $65 for the mandatory manual and examination itself and would (probably) do the same again for Ausfish members though some of our bean counters are suggesting maybe a fee of $20 would not be all that hard on anybody. At day's end, we enjoy simply passing on this essential knowledge if it makes boating safer so not going to push the dollar issue. We plan another two-consecutive-night course in about mid June. Lemme know if you want to be a starter either by message in here, email to: idf@bigpond.net.au or 0407 029 704. Dates most probably 23/24 June. Safe boating! Ian Fischer

Wesley_Pang
23-04-2004, 05:54 AM
Thanks Ian,

I got my card in the mail a couple of days ago.

Thanks to Victoria Point VMR.

Wes

searaider
23-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks Ian & Lloyd ,
I also received my lisence a couple of days ago.
TO ANYONE CONTEMPLATING TAKING A COURSE WITH VIC. POINT VMR
I would highly recommend the VHF Radio Operators Course carried out by the boys at Vic.Point VMR .
There was a lot to take in over the 2 nights of the course ,but due to Ian & Lloyd's Training skills they kept it entertaining .

ON YA LUCKY_PHIL ,LOOKS LIKE WE NAILED EM .

Regards
Peter
Searaider 2

ken4159
23-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Ian & Loyd, thanks for your time & instruction for the MROVCP
I have also received mine this week

I recommend this course to all who do not have a VHF operators certificate.(MROVCP)

Thanks again Ken