PDA

View Full Version : Trailer rims/stud patern?

Randall
28-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Anyone know how to identify what hubs one has on their trailers? I have a trailer with standard steel 13" rims and would like to upgrade to alloy (mags).

Intended on hunting around the local wreckers for the alloy rims....but what will fit?

My trailer has what I assume to be Holden hubs.(5 stud pattern) But maybe Ford.? Do the stud patterns differ?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Randall.

jimbamb
28-04-2004, 10:40 AM
If ya got the wheels they sometimes have the name stamped on them.If they are 13" and fairly old my guess would be holden as i dont think ford had 13"

Hagar
28-04-2004, 10:46 AM
G'day Randall
My trailer has Holden 13 '' Holden wheel stud pattern . Distance from stud to stud is 67 mm . Ford will be noticeably different and the stud diameter on Ford hubs is considerably bigger than holden . If you are unsure take a hub off and take it with you to try . Good searching.

Chris

DR
28-04-2004, 11:24 AM
if it is the holden pattern, rims off toranas & early holdens, up to HR fit. i think the HT 14" fit as well, & Volvos also .
whether it makes any difference the early holdens had difference offset in the sedans compared to the commercials.
depending on how wide your guards are, i put a set of volvo mags in the for sale a while back for a friend, they are still available as far as i know.
cheers
Dave

PS just bumped those volvo mags in for sale

MY-TopEnder
28-04-2004, 03:21 PM
More than likely Holden pattern as i think they're more common.

HQ rims are a go... but i have a box trailer the same with some old Volvo wheels on them so if you're at a wrecker, ask for old Volvo wheels or old holden wheels.

Either that or try someone like Quickfit to see if they can get a set.

nonibbles
28-04-2004, 03:32 PM
titanbrakes.com.au has bronze alloy hubs quite reasonably priced. I'm looking to upgrade mine to alloy too if you find a good price let us know

Cloud_9
28-04-2004, 04:24 PM
best bet take to wheel place ( bob jane ) or like because even with most trailers useing holden rims for 5stud, L/cruzer 4 6stud some smaller companies are using less used brands because of their availability ( not many trailer mobs useing them ) :-/ :-/

Fitzy
28-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Randall I'll call over & take a look. Can pick em pretty easy once you know the difference.

Fitzy..

Randall
29-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the input guys...I knew I would find an answer amongst our Ausfish crew.

Randall. ;)

clutter
29-04-2004, 06:07 PM
I am pretty sure that a Holden has 1/2" studs and a Ford has 9/16" studs also.

Clutter