PDA

View Full Version : How many places do you fish?

SeaHunt
08-05-2004, 11:33 AM
I tend to go all over the place which is probably why I do not catch that much.
I don't keep going back to the same place often enough to learn all the intricacies of that location ie.. best time, tides wind, bait, techniques etc.. etc..
Reading the reports on here it would seem most guys have a few favourites and petty well just stick to them..
In the last 12 months , I have fished, Pine River, Scarborough, Cressbrook Dam, Brisbane river, Jumpin Pin, Peel Island, Mud Island, Bribie Island and passage, Maroochy River, Mooloolaba Rock walls and bay, Offshore Coloundra, Mooloolah River, Noosa River, Noosa offshore, Burnett River and out the front of Bargara, Elliot River and out in Hervey Bay, Fraser Island, Burrum Heads/River and Baffle Creek (probably the best of em)... Thats close to 2 dozen, and I am sure there are probably a few I forgot.. Just wondering how much do you guys get around? :P

Gorilla_in_Manila
08-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Seahunt,
Don't spose I really count, since in the last 12 months I've fished the big donut.0 :(
But when fishing I usually do about 70% old spots and 30% new spots. If I find a good new spot, I try to go to it 2 or 3 times more the next time i get a chance and if it works again, it becomes an old spot and I would still have a look for a few new spots each subsequent trip.
Find its a good mix of sucess and exploring.
Try to make sure I don't rush off to a spot someone reports they have been catching stuff at. Reprots are usually a few days or a week old and often people dont let it out until they have either got their fill or its gone off. I keep it in mind for a couple of weeks time when I think conditions might suit though.
Cheers
Jeff

Remo
08-05-2004, 05:43 PM
I tend to stick to an area, which I think will produce certain species of fish. When i think I will always land a few consistently I move to another area and store that one in the memory bank.

A bit like the causeway (yeppoon) hundreds of people fish there but only a hand full of people catch barra there. why because they feed at certain times, bait and method.
I seem to do okay

Ray

Cheech
08-05-2004, 06:07 PM
I wish I had a good spot!! If it ever happened I would probably go there occasionally and spend more time just exploring happy in the knowledge if I actually wanted results I would know where to go and what to do. Hope to be able to answer better this time next year. But for now, I spend time at the one location, give it a fair go, catch bugger all, and then move to anoter spot to repeat the process.

MY-TopEnder
08-05-2004, 06:18 PM
At the moment i'm hitting a few spots and trying new stuff but i still have my little spot i go to in the brisbane river and throw a few frangers around chasing bream. Its 20 mins from home and i seem to have luck there. Although i have been trying the bay, areas of the coast, all sorts of places.

bidkev
09-05-2004, 05:04 AM
Before getting the boat I used to fish Woody Point and Sandgate for shark. Some holidays I would fish Currimundi or Mooloolaba beaches for mixed bags and on others (and long weekends) I fished Kingscliffe and a secret spot nr Fingal for big Trevally and shark.

Since getting the boat I have fished the Rous Channel almost exclusively for shark, whilst the wife and kids fish for other bits and pieces. We pop over to Mud if it blows up a bit whilst out there and if the forecast rules the bay out, then we always plan to fish the pin, launching at Jacob's. Now want to fish offshore more having been "blooded" by the spotties so I could be anywhere in the future (weather permitting)

kev

nonibbles
09-05-2004, 05:11 AM
I'm all over the place with a poor frequency and less success, spending more than I get back. #I could be a community radio station! :D ::)