PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Nugget

Lucky_Phill
06-05-2004, 04:38 PM
It's Official.

Talking Fishing with Dave Downie ( Nugget ) is the

NUMBER 1 RATING, RADIO FISHING SHOW IN THE WESTERN WORLD.

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Dave's show on 4BC Sat and Sun mornings at 5am -6am, has hit pay dirt. Top effort Dave. Well done

Please fill us in on the details.....

Cheers Phill

Lucky_Phill
06-05-2004, 04:43 PM
This is not a gee up, I heard the news over the weekend.

Phill ;D

subzero
06-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Good on ya Nugget.... nows the time to ask for a better salary and a new boat ;)

Reefmaster
06-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Congrats Dave
I also think we should all thank dave for his contribution to the sport and for sharing his knowledge with everyone to become better at what we love most. Dave is one busy man and anything that relates to fishing dave seems to be involved- 4BC radio fishing show, BushnBeach, Ausfish Moderator, Local Papers, Boatshow talks and im sure theres more that i have forgot.(add to it dave if you wish)

Dave your a champ and i hope your continue for many more years.

Cheers Greg Lamprecht

Fitzy
06-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Not bad for an old fat fella eh! ;D

Onya Nugget.

Sportfish_5
06-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Phill,

Was that you on the program on Saturday talking about beach launching ?

Regards,
Greg

el_carpo
06-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Does the show broadcast over the internet (streaming audio)? If so, what address? I'd like to listen. :)

Sportfish_5
06-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Sure would. Go to www.4bc.com.au and tune in 5:00 to 6:00 am AEST.

Gazza
07-05-2004, 02:49 AM
Just Click this (wait about 30secs initially) , then ADD it to Favourites !! :-*

http://www.4bc.com.au/sites/4bc/RunScript.asp?Page=27&p=ASP\~Pg27.asp

Gee Nuggettttt , now it's Northern Hemisphere as well , and well done ;)

Regards and keep yabbering mate
Gazza

bidkev
07-05-2004, 03:56 AM
Good on ya Nugget!

kev

Kerry
07-05-2004, 04:17 AM
Does the show broadcast over the internet (streaming audio)? #If so, what address? #I'd like to listen. :)

http://www.4bc.com.au/sites/4bc/RunScript.asp?p=ASP\~Pg0.asp#

Just need the right CODEC is loaded (if not already on your system).

Cheers, Kerry.

bugman
07-05-2004, 04:24 AM
Not that I'm raining on anyone's parade or anything but Nugget has won the last Brisbane survey hands down (was it 20's?)

That doesn't mean it's the most listened to Fishing program in Queensland [smiley=devilish.gif].

Good on you mate, well done.

Bugman

northsboy
07-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Good work nugget! Keep it up mate!.....might have to tune in and see what all this fuss is about ;) [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Cheers
Liam

Fitzy
07-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Just Click this (wait about 30secs initially) , then ADD it to Favourites !! #:-*

http://www.4bc.com.au/sites/4bc/RunScript.asp?Page=27&p=ASP\~Pg27.asp

Gee Nuggettttt , now it's Northern Hemisphere as well , and well done #;)

Regards and keep yabbering mate
Gazza

We actually have a few listeners from the USA who tune in each week via the www.

Great stuff.

Fitzy..

el_carpo
07-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the link. I'll check it out. Sorry for the late response. I was very busy yesterday and the time zone difference makes it tough. :)

homebound
07-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Congrats Nugget
Codec loaded - now can listen to your stuff in UK. Don't even have to get up at 5.00am!
Rob

Lucky_Phill
09-05-2004, 04:50 AM
bump

Nugget
09-05-2004, 06:16 AM
I must have missed this thread - just found it - Thanks Phill.
And thanks for all the nice comments - can you believ they call what I do work?

As for the number one comment - That was a statement made by Greg Cary on air last week as a result of the recent ratings - we hit 23's which is pretty high.
4BC number crunchers did a survey of rating for fishing shows around the world.
According to their facts, there is only one radio fishing show that rates higher - it's a carp fishing program in Europe or UK.

The Station's program manager doesn't put a lot of credence into ratings figures - and I'd have to agree with him.
They fluctuate a lot - as Brett will agree with.
In this industry you can be on top one week then looking for a job the next.

The reality is with any talkback Show - I only hold the microphone - there are a lot of good people that go out of their way to try and make it interesting - many from this site.

I'm always open to ideas, suggestions and comments to maker it a better Show.

I'm contemplating putting a fishing competition together for listeners - not sure how we can do it - photos, real weigh in or what - but I'd like to make sure there were excellent prizes.
If you have any ideas - give me an email.

Brett I know you're very ‘pro’ your employer - the ABC, but I think we cater for a different audience.
The ABC Show is pre recorded during the week and covers most of Australia.
My Show is live and concentrates on our listening area - SE Qld.
As you know, both shows rate well.
I'd like to think listeners could find something of interest in both shows.

Dave ><>

subzero
09-05-2004, 06:23 AM
Hmmmmm... (Fishing comp)
Perhaps if it was held in Morton Bay, VMR Victoria Point may like to become involved....
Keep us in mind Nugget

Gazza
09-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Subzero to give 'live' reports ,conditions from his bed ..... :o :o
err boat! ;D ;) ;) ;)

Lucky_Phill
09-05-2004, 08:07 AM
Although, the Ausfish members on numerous ocassions have expressed reservations about being involved in comps, a " friendly " comp, run by Nugget ( 4BC ) with different rules to the standard comps ( maybe secret weight rule ? ), and VMR Vikky point being a weight-in / comp site ?

mmmmmm food for thought.

1st Prize, could be a ticket to one of Fisherman02's ( Jack's )parties, I hear they are a blast :o ::) ;D

Certainly not a one day/ two day event, but maybe carry on over a 1 month / 2 month period ?

OK,, leave it with us.

Nugget would like feedback from Ausfishes'

Phill

Nugget
09-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I was thinking along the lines of a 'virtual' comp.
Maybe download the 4BC banner and send or email in a picture of your fish with the banner in the photo.
That makes it a current catch but doesn't guarantee the size / weight – it allows you to release your catch though.
The other idea was to get bait shops as authorised weigh centres.
For the major prize I was thinking allong the lines of a few days at Shady Camp, Darwin - airfares and expenses paid.
Or maybe a cabin at Glenlyon - something worth trying for.
Dave ><>

Lucky_Phill
09-05-2004, 11:42 AM
sounds the go Dave !

Phill