PDA

View Full Version : Marked for Life

Brett_Finger
09-05-2004, 03:30 AM
it has alway been belived by sailors that Tattoos where good luck - protection - wellbeing at sea, i know a lot of ex-merchant marines and ex- Navy mates of me dads that thay have some ink someware.
Hookin,Brett :)

bidkev
09-05-2004, 04:53 AM
Joined the Forces at 15 and had my first "tatt" within 3 weeks. It was my Regiment and my serial number. Continued to add tattoos for the next 3 years or so......Forces guys added tatts like civilian kids added records to their collection.......and yes, it *was* considered lucky. Mermaids were *very* popular, so I guess the Naval tradition had spilled over into other forces.

My last tatt was on my back.........I got pissed as a rat and the guys had "Made In Hong Kong" tattooed on my back. They were going to have it done on my arse but the tattooist refused......strange that?..........he would tatoo an unconcious bloke without permission but not his arse?

kev

Lucky_Phill
09-05-2004, 04:55 AM
mine's simple, reflects my early years.

S, D, R & R. for those in the know. ;)

Phill ( good luck, well...........dunno about that, but )

Brett_Finger
09-05-2004, 05:02 AM
see kev,
contary to populer belife *Ink Slingers (Tattooists) are Honest* #;D.

have a look at some books on the shelfs these days, really has evolved into a serious art form.

i know there was an old tattooist in japan,who left his mark on a LOt of guys from the Forces,his name was "Pinkey".

i spotted some work on an old Sailors arm in a shoping
mall one day,he was an EX- Lifer from the English navy,( so i found ut later)i went over and asked him if the Ink on his arm was 'Pinkeys work" he almost fell over #;D ;D

i spent an hour or so in the coffie shop with he and his wife as he travelled back all those years ago,it was a great insite into life in the navy just after WW2.very fasitnating.

Phil,
i worked in the feild of the industary for a lot i years,i know EXACTLY what you mean. ::)

Hookin,Brett :)

Chris.Y
09-05-2004, 06:10 AM
Funny thing Ink, Love it or hate it !, Very adictive once you start though! . At least you get to take it with you when you go
Phil , I played bass on Sydney circuit for 9 years :o during 80's
ROCK ON 8) Chris

caveman
09-05-2004, 06:26 AM
i've got 2, one on each shoulder, 1 is a scorpion (birthsign) the other is of if any of you know the singing group (UGLY KID JOE) the little fellow on their album with his finger up dressed as the lady liberty and a skin magazine in his hand,

cheers gary

subzero
09-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Hers a link to a couple of interesting ADULT tattoo's :o, worth a quick squizz
Dont look if their is any risk you may be offended!
Cheers Lloyd
http://www.netby.dk/Oest/Uranusvej/Tattoos/thumbnails.htm

Gazza
09-05-2004, 07:58 AM
There's a scar/tat on every Beacon in MB or is it sign? ,with SubZero's name on it ,or "there will beeeee" #;D :D :D :D

Cleanskin meself ,don't like PAIN !! ::)

SteveCan
09-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Cleanskin - Still lookin for the symbol that does it for me.

Reckon if I earned it I would go for an Ironman tattoo - something like http://www.homepagez.com/angelbrook/pamelina/x7_tattoos_ironman.html

But there is a LOT of miles to go before I even look at one of these.

Cheers
Steve

el_carpo
09-05-2004, 08:36 AM
;D "Made in Hong Kong." That was a great story Kingtin. Very funny!

Lesson learned: Never fall asleep near your "friends" and never get drunk enough to pass out near your "friends". I bet you gave them a few temporary tattoos (bruises) of your own for that practical joke! ;D

Zeeke
09-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Wouldnt mind getting ink, ive got the scruffy look down pat already heh, just need to find something appealing and a fat wad of cash heh, both of which are very hard to come by

Tim

Brett_Finger
09-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Funny thing Ink, Love it or hate it !, Very adictive once you start though! . At least you get to take it with you when you go
Phil , I played bass on Sydney circuit for 9 years :o during 80's
ROCK ON #8) Chris
Chris,
i worked the QLD circut during the 80's ( FOH & Stage) we had a great time didn't we. ;)
hookin,Brett #::)