PDA

View Full Version : fishing.what does it mean to you.

captainpugwash
10-05-2004, 03:30 PM
come on you members,some of you have forgotten what fishing is all about.try helping a fellow fisherperson,try mate ship,great time,great views,great fish,great places,fishing tackle talk,its not about one upmanship.please post what you love about this great sport.

been fishing for about 50 years and still get a buzz going out and catching a few spannies,cod etc .

what turns you on about fishing ,lets get the passion going list your replys with old captain pugwash.

caveman
10-05-2004, 03:59 PM
the thrill of a fish smashing a lure and the relaxation that comes with sitting by the camp fire watching the flames :'( :'( :'( wish i was there instead of thinking of work in the am's

blaze
10-05-2004, 04:25 PM
To me its about the peace and tranquility while out on the water or soaking a bait under a tree somewhere.
cheers
blaze

el_carpo
10-05-2004, 09:15 PM
To me, fishing means I have a reason to get up in the morning. It's like an addiction. The anticipation both of going on a trip and waiting for a strike gets my blood pumping. When you see a swirl from a big fish in amongst the lily pads or other weeds and cast your surface plug nearby and you just know you're going to see that massive surface strike, you can't even breathe sometimes. Sometimes just spotting the areas to cast is fun. When river fishing, I walk the banks looking for structure. I'll see some fallen timber or an eddie caused by a boulder and you get a rush just knowing that fish are going to be holed up in there. Then, of course, there's the fight itself. You hook into that fish and it's just you and it. The whole world disappears. Time and space mean nothing. No worries about work, health, relationships. They all go away and all that matters is the fight. Is your drag adjusted right? Should you try to turn him? Keep him away from those trees or he'll snap your line. Another point is it's really one of the only times we can get away from the urban sprawl; get back into nature. I guess it's a form of escapism. We all need that. Sure beats drugs, alchohol, or gambling. There's an old joke/saying told here. "The rich have psychiatrists, the rest of us have fishing." I do believe that's true. Without it, I wouldn't last very long. :P

Needmorerum
10-05-2004, 10:36 PM
el_carpo, I fully agree, it is a form of escapism, I quite often go out at night by myself up the Callipe River here in Gladdy and if nothings biting I lay on the floor of the boat with a beer or a rum and stare up at the night sky. If I'm lucky, I'm in 5 million star accomodation, if not, the good lord is pissing on me again, and what do I do about that... nothing, I have no work commitments or financial decisions that need to be made in that couple of hours I'm away.
Oh Shite, aren't we getting all soppy, must be the time of the morning... Ha Ha. Can't leave it like this... I disagree with one thing you say here, I don't think it beats alcohol, it joins it.

Have a good night
Corry

bidkev
11-05-2004, 04:42 AM
I fish to expand my vocabulary. I seem to invent a new expletive each time I go :-) Just *how* do spotted mackerel averaging 5 kilos each, smash through 30lb line?

kev

easyrider525
11-05-2004, 06:16 AM
hmmmm...
let me think? the peace and quite, the thrill of the hunt,man against beast,goodtimes and good places,good mates and cold beers,listening to tall and short tales of fish won and lost,the smell of blood and guts and smelly bait, but best of all... my wife loves to fish right beside me with all her might and glory.
yep gotta love fishin' [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]