PDA

View Full Version : New Members

Fitzy
05-05-2004, 05:59 PM
There's been alot of new members on Ausfish lately & we're fast approaching 5000. Us long timers here tend to just rabble on at times.
Just wanted to welcome the newbies & invite you all to join in the discussions with the crew.

Not a bad bunch at all. ;D They are what makes this Australia's best internet fishing site.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

northsboy
05-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Your not wrong there fitzy!!! Ive only been a member for a month or two and loving it!!! Got to hop on here at least 10 times a day!!! Great website you've put together fellas!! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] If there was a beers smiley i would put it up as a toast LOL! Good work fellas keep it up!
Cheers
Liam

philip_thomson
05-05-2004, 06:34 PM
hey i joined up last night and i am really enjoying this website. already i am finding out heapd about the fishing in my local area. thanks heaps and keep up the great work
philip ;)

Reel-Job
05-05-2004, 06:35 PM
I to am a new member and I find a lot of things on the site are very helpful and entertaining most of the time.Keep the good work up .Top Site [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

el_carpo
05-05-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm new as well. I was "caught" while looking for information on fishing techniques used around the world. I typed in Fishing in Australia and up pops ausfish on the Google search results page. I've been addicted ever since!!! ;D

I just hope I'm not blabbing too much. My posts total is already in the 60's :o... ;D

This is a really fun and entertaining site to explore and participate in. I've learned a ton and know that there is tons more to learn still. Thanks for running such a great show Ausfish and thanks for putting up with me everyone ;D. I hope most of my posts have been worth reading to you.

Long live Ausfish!!! ;D

jeffo
06-05-2004, 02:29 AM
well said fitzty... whatda ya mean we rabble on ::) ;D come one come all!

this thread makes me think it must be time for another m&g!

Maria
06-05-2004, 03:01 AM
I'm with Liam in the fact that I too have only been a member for a little over 2 months, and can't believe what agreat site this is. Likewise, I bounce in and out of the site between 8 and 10 times a day usually.

Keep it up eh....tops site.

Ben

bidkev
06-05-2004, 04:21 AM
Cheers Fitzy.

This is what makes Oz such an attraction for me and my family. You can talk to someone and it feels like they've been someone you've known for years. Great mateship......except at places like Palm ;-)

I suppose this is the appropriate thread so rather than start a new one I'd like to thank those who've given me insight into the Australian fishing scene and who, just by their postings here, have encouraged me to really seek the kind of fishing that I would never have tackled without that encouragement.

What makes it so encourageing? I think the fact that by the nature of the group, newbies can post without fear of being ridiculed for their lack of knowledge in certain areas. We all have to learn sometimes and I can't think of a better place to do that, other than oout on the water of course :-)

My thanks to all.

kev

Rusky
06-05-2004, 05:27 AM
im a newb here, but not a newb to fishing... if any1 has ever been fishing at Somerset Dam plz send me a message, i need to know what kind of luers and hooks to use.... and if any1 knows any good spots

Thanks

jaybee
06-05-2004, 06:20 AM
Fitzy
Us long timers here tend to just rabble on at times what can i say Guilty as charged :-X ;D ;)

jaybee
06-05-2004, 06:55 AM
Us long timers here tend to just rabble on at times
cheers
Joe

MY-TopEnder
10-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Yeah i'm only new from not long ago and been hangiing round the site every day checking out new things and so on. Its been a huge help.

I actually know Jeffo from a while back on another forum but i don't think he knows its me.

Fitzy
10-05-2004, 06:58 PM
im a newb here, but not a newb to fishing... if any1 has ever been fishing at Somerset Dam plz send me a message, i need to know what kind of luers and hooks to use.... and if any1 knows any good spots

what u mean by guilty as charged!!
Get yourself some Strikezone Critters (large) in colors 11, 12, 14, 17 & 19. See http://www.ausfish.com.au/strikezone/critter.htm

Go troll the edges of the old river bed or hit a few of the spots marked on the map here. http://www.ausfish.com.au/fitzy/images/Map_Somerset.jpg

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Rusky
11-05-2004, 04:30 AM
thanks for that fitzy..... ill try them!

propdinger
11-05-2004, 05:09 AM
well i have been a member for about 4 months now and like alot of others i check out this site many times a day i have actually been looking on this site for nearly a year but after 8 months or so i decided to get off my ass and register to become a member best thing i have done seeing i live in brisbane (cleveland) and fish saltwater and fresh i get so many tips
ty guys

jeff

where_is_dave
11-05-2004, 07:32 AM
I'm another newcomer who has learned heaps. The info gained from members led me to my first Aussie Bass. Priceless. I agree a m&G is a great idea.