PDA

View Full Version : Fishing as work!!!!

loozitt
13-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Lets say each kilo of fish is worth $5-$7. Could you sustain a good income with the amount of fish you catch or could catch. Remember to take out your expense (fuel, tackle, bait).

Maria
13-05-2004, 10:59 AM
lol...nah mate, boredom in catching mullet ($5-7) would get to me pretty quick i imagine. ;D

Ben

Zeeke
13-05-2004, 11:36 AM
how bout skipping it, and just showing people how to catch there own fish??

Tim

saen
13-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Well i only chase game fish of the stones so i dont generally catch much, but when i do its big fish so i suppose ill be rich one week and poor for the next 8 weeks...LOL

jockey
13-05-2004, 12:22 PM
I know a few pro fishermen who have done well, but they work hard and know a lot. Most pros are struggling I think. Most of them seem bitter about it too.

Cheech
13-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Loozit,,,, funniest thing I have read today. I would be too weak by the end of the first week through lack of food for myself to even worry about trying to feed anyone else. ;D ;D ;D

ProFleet
13-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Thats right .. cos tomorrow before sparrows fart people like me have gotta go out and , hey , not only catch enough to make an income for me .. my decky has to pull a wage and owners expect a bit more than that.. its not easy
Bitter? . not sure .. tired .. definately
Not only that but truck drivers who pick us up ,processors,factory workers, everyone is on our back , cos they only get paid when we bring them product to work.

philip_thomson
13-05-2004, 05:19 PM
if i was able to go fishing more then yes but casue dad works both saturday and sunday and i can;t tow the boat or get anywere to fish no :-( it so so bad it has been 4 weeks since i went offshore i am going insane. and it is 1 week since i went in my boat and i am going insane.
cheers
philip