PDA

View Full Version : Is there a cure for this addiction???

Cheech
13-05-2004, 05:19 PM
My wife is getting worried

My children are complaining about me hogging the PC

My eyes are getting sore from being on a PC all day and now again at night

How the hell do I beat this chat room addiction [smiley=help.gif]

cHiCo
13-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Its impossible.....Get ya wife to take the net password and give ya scheduled time slots.

subzero
13-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Mmmm..
The only cure I can think of is dont pay the ellectricity bill :D

Maria
13-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Average 9 hours a day, most days of the week in front of a computer mate. Get used to it - there aint no cure. ;D

Ben

bidkev
13-05-2004, 06:51 PM
My wife is getting worried

My children are complaining about me hogging the PC

My eyes are getting sore from being on a PC all day and now again at night

How the hell do I beat this chat room addiction [smiley=help.gif]

Go fishing ya dill! :P

Seriously though Cheech..........I got hooked when I was researching autism. The newsgroups are a mine of info. Then I got hooked with Napster and lately winmx and other p2p music sharing progs. There's so much stuff out there and it's more or less for free..........must take a look at some of those P sites one of these days ;-)

kev

kev

Zeeke
13-05-2004, 07:31 PM
get another computer?? hehehe, wire them up so they share the same net connection, that way, u can browse the web, kids can browse the web and if ur any good at computer games, u can shoot the kids as much as you like on a shooting game or sorts ;) even shoot the wife hehehe

Tim

jeffo
14-05-2004, 02:21 AM
yep the best cure is to go fishing.. trust me it works. ;D

kingmad
14-05-2004, 05:05 AM
I broke a 9 year addiction to cigarettes by going fishing.
I would go to the remote spots and not bring the smokes and stay there the whole day. By the time I would come back I wouldn't feel like a smoke because of all the walking and presto few weeks of that and no more habbit.
So, fishing is good for you!!!
I guess you can say it saved my life!!!

DaneCross
14-05-2004, 06:23 AM
I hear you Cheech, I find myself checking Ausfish a number of times each day just to keep up with all the posts. Along with the BOM, various bodyboarding sites, Coastalwatch.com, music/file sharing programs... All this plus the little bit of work I do, its easy to spend hours on end in front of the nerd-box. Your right Kev there is a HEAP of info out there all readily available.
I tell myself I'm not a nerd because I'm on a FISHING chat board, not just any board where you talk crap and pick-up fat, ugly chicks that tell you they're beautiful... lol :-X

el_carpo
14-05-2004, 08:33 AM
You guys are still able to use those music file sharing programs there? Over here, they threaten you with death by catapult for even thinking about downloading music illegally. There are stories of twelve year old kids getting giant fines (in the thousands of dollars) and getting sentenced to community service.

craigie
14-05-2004, 09:41 AM
DC, Your post cracked me up ;D ;D (the part about internet dateing).

Gee, thought I was the only one who had this "Problem", well I'm not alone ;)

I feel as though I'm logged into the site all day, then sometimes through till 8.00pm :o, also check the QFM Chat Boards and Fishing reports. Other Favs are the local and overseas Tackle and Chandlery sites.

Have just unloaded Foxtel, so now I'll set up a Computer (Internet) at home. Never thought of myself as a computer nerd either (still know f*&kall about them ;D), anyhow fishing is so cool nowdays, you can go out and spend a fortune on all the latest designer wear and fish the comps beside darlings like Kym Bain :-* :o :o ::).

Cheers
Craigie.

Graham_N_Roberts
14-05-2004, 09:53 AM
:P When I saw the heading of this thread, I was worried. I thought someone was seeking a cure for fishing. Wha ....... no way. Don't want it. Don't want to ever be cured of the fishin' bug.

::) Then I read it. A computer is handy .... but I'd much rather be addicted to fishin'. ;D ;D

bidkev
14-05-2004, 10:01 AM
You guys are still able to use those music file sharing programs there? #Over here, they threaten you with death by catapult for even thinking about downloading music illegally. #There are stories of twelve year old kids getting giant fines (in the thousands of dollars) and getting sentenced to community service.

We're still getting away with it here........for now. Even if they try to stop it, there's still other ways.........people simply go to their local library and borrow, then copy a few CDs

kev.......proud owner of over a thousand Bob Dylan and Leonaerd Cohen covers.

Maria
14-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah mate, we still got P2P stuff over here. Have heard about all the legal crap going on over it around the globe, but as yet, we're yet to cop it. Undoubtedly we'll see it sometime soon though.

Ben

Dino
14-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Craigie,
trust me, Foxtel won't help cure the addiction - it will only aggravate the situation as generally Foxtel is a load of out of date crap!
I agree with a couple of others, go fishing!

craigie
14-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Dino, no mate, I got rid of Foxtel ;) so now I can do other things, like more fishing. Traded in foxtel for a bigger boat ;D ;D

Cheers
Craigie.

philip_thomson
14-05-2004, 04:02 PM
this site is very addictive i been on it for about 2 weeks and already spent hours and hours on it. but it is great. i am addicted to going offshore fishing on a charterboat from noosa. generally with in 1hr of getting off i want to go back on. and within 3weeks i am sitting down going "need to go offshore going insane" terrible. but it is fun and there could be worse things i could be addicted to
cheers
philip

easyrider525
15-05-2004, 02:25 PM
god allmighty!
dont you know?
JUST GRAB YOUR ROD!
and head for your fav fishin spot.........

Dug
16-05-2004, 03:46 PM
if you know you have a problem then it is half beaten ;D

(Q) what is the difference between a drunk and an alcoholic?

(A) An alcoholic has one drink and cannot stop.
A drunk has one drink and can stop, but just does not want to!!!!

vortfu
16-05-2004, 06:29 PM
The solution is easy, just get a job involving computers.

I spend all day on numerous computers (programmer), split up by the idling of traffic on centenary mwy / milton rd each day during peak hr (both ways).

by the time i get home all i want is something to eat, and somewhere to put my feet up. that said, doesnt mean i wont spend all night on the computer doing things im not really ment to be doing during the day (like visiting ausfish or ebay's fishing section :)) but you get the point .... hopefully :p

vort-fu