PDA

View Full Version : ashley1984 & reels

clutter
14-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Does anyone know what is happening on this subject. Is any info allowed to be given whilst legal action is taking place?

Cheers, Clutter

Jeremy
14-05-2004, 02:43 PM
The police investigation is still taking place. It has been dissapointing that it is taking so long.

Jeremy

blaze
14-05-2004, 03:04 PM
I followed the thread with interest, seems an long time to investigate, does any one know if the police have made contact with the guy or are they still looking for him
cheers
blaze

chaser
14-05-2004, 03:17 PM
The police have "higher priority" cases . and they are waiting on info from the bank .... Dunno if i should be saying any thing or not but i dont think we will be getting jack from this "person" so i dont really care.
chaser

jeffo
14-05-2004, 03:57 PM
give them an even higher priority case!! kill tha bastard then itll be a murder case! ;D i would have gone hunting him myself if i was you guys. scum bag!

Dr_Dan
15-05-2004, 03:35 AM
HIGHER PRIORITY CASES! How high a priority case does it have to be before the police investigate?

A couple of nights ago, a couple of my mates were going to maccas for a late night study break. A bunch of kids started throwing house bricks at their car. Anyhow, they stopped their car, and got out to see what the hell was going on. Kids decided that they were better targets than the car. WEll, one ended up in hospital, fractured eye socket (Needs plastic surgery to stop his eye from dropping down in the socket). Another has a fractured skull (eybrow), another nearly broke his arm, 6 stiches. Cops came, thought they had the kids. Anyhow, mate went in to see what was going to happen, turns out they didn't write an incident report, so looks like they are going to get off!

Used to not have a bad thing to say bout the coppers. Not that they are all bad, but if things like this are happening, it makes you wonder hey. WOuld be interesting to see what happens to Ashley1984

SeaHunt
15-05-2004, 06:33 AM
I agree Dr_Dan it is getting rediculous, seems like if there is no money in it (like a big fine) they are not that interested.
Did you see the other night on A Current Affair that someones Bull Mastiff attacked a neighbours kid on the Gold Coast, and the idiot reporter attacks the dogs owner with the stupid question of the century.. "Can you tell me why you would have such a dog in an urban area" ?
Answer is easy , people do not feel safe in their homes.

adriancorrea
15-05-2004, 07:52 PM
So true so true
Just last night my sister inlaw was home alone in the kitchen out back of the unit and some guy came to the front door and started cutting her fly screen so that he could get in.
She came to the front door after hearing some noises and the guy bolted, she rang the cops and they took their time.
A little while later she looked out her window and there he was again, she rang them again and they still took their time.
I know that the cops are busy on other things and cant drop what there doing.
Whats PRIORITY these days???

Tight Lines
Adrian

northsboy
15-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Gotta wait for someone to be killed before something happens these days mate!!!

Mattman
16-05-2004, 12:56 PM
they won't hesitate to give ya speeding ticket for being just a few K's over though ::)
Matt

landy1
17-05-2004, 05:49 AM
One answer 70,000 plus residents in a division = 2 police in one car. If you dont like it complain to the government that funds it.

PinHead
17-05-2004, 06:55 AM
"Did you see the other night on A Current Affair that someones Bull Mastiff attacked a neighbours kid on the Gold Coast, and the idiot reporter attacks the dogs owner with the stupid question of the century.. "Can you tell me why you would have such a dog in an urban area" ?
Answer is easy , people do not feel safe in their homes. "

I wish these media people would get their facts right..It was bull mastiff cross with a great dane..both breeds as pure breds are safe and reliable...with mongrels no one knows how the temperments can be. Let's be serious now..they love that word "maul". The kid had some stitches in his face and arms..treagic ..yes...a bull mastiff or a dane..when serious would have easily killed the child. You should see my grandson (age 2) with our rhodesian ridgeback...not a problem at all cos he has been taught not to hit the dog nor poke her or anything else..people have to educate their kids..I know..some will say that the victim may not have owned a dog..but he should still have been educated about animals. There is always 3 sides to every story..The victim's..the assailant's (in this cae the dog) and the truth and alas we very rarely hear the third one.

As for the cops..cannot say a bad word about them...tough job they have..Iwould not ever want to do it...You want more cops..then annoy the crap out of your local member...the guys and gals on the street cannot do any more than what they are doing now.

caveman
17-05-2004, 01:53 PM
where i used to work out west there must have been 50 kids who used to walk past 2 dogs in a 6ft fenced netting yard the dogs only ever went agro when 3 of these kids started coming because they were the only ones who tormented the dogs through the fence, now if they got out they would have attacted those 3kids and would been called dangerous dogs and put down, i wont go any further as i mite get in trouble

cheers gary

gunna
18-05-2004, 06:00 AM
[quote author=PinHead link=board=General;num=1084443126;start=10#11 date=05/16/04 at 10:55:26
You should see my grandson (age 2) with our rhodesian ridgeback...not a problem at all cos he has been taught not to hit the dog nor poke her or anything else[/quote]

Sorry to disagree Pinhead. #Maybe I am taking you out of context but - if you have a dog that requires a 2 year old to learn how to behave around it - then the dog should never be allowed near children.

lordy
18-05-2004, 06:12 AM
"Did you see the other night on A Current Affair that someones Bull Mastiff attacked a neighbours kid on the Gold Coast, and the idiot reporter attacks the dogs owner with the stupid question of the century.. "Can you tell me why you would have such a dog in an urban area" ? # #
Answer is easy , people do not feel safe in their homes. "

I wish these media people would get their facts right..It was bull mastiff cross with a great dane..both breeds as pure breds are safe and reliable...with mongrels no one knows how the temperments can be. Let's be serious now..they love that word "maul". The kid had some stitches in his face and arms..treagic ..yes...a bull mastiff or a dane..when serious would have easily killed the child.

Sounds to me like it mauled the kid. I'm not quite sure what you think a mauling is if this doesn't qualify.

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,9534605%5e3102,00.html

http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,9541632%255E1702,00.html

PinHead
18-05-2004, 11:03 AM
A couple of points to make here:

Gunna...my point is that kids need to be educated what they can and cannot do around animals..simple as that..no dog..from the smallest to the largest will tolerate being hit..poked..bashed or anything similar..kids need to be taught this..simply part of lifes educations. Are you implying that a child can walk near any animal without ever being taught how to behave around animals ?

Lordy...a mauling is something akin to what a lion or shark will do to a human..a dog of the size and strength of a bull mastiff/great dane cross could very easily have ripped the kids face off or even killed him. It is a tragedy that the child got bitten however in a lot of these cases the animal has been aggravated in some way..but as they are only animals then they always lose. I am not condoning dogs that bite..I have been involved in the training of dogs for the past 20 years and if one of my dogs bites someone unprovoked I will personally put it down immediately.

kingmad
18-05-2004, 11:13 AM
I have a story.
Years ago my parents did some volontery work at the local Orthodox church.
One night my dad was in the churc office when he noticed a strange man at the church doors which were oposite the office building. He went outside to ask the guy if he needed anything. When he uproached the person produced a knife and ordered my dad to open the doors. My dad managed to get away from him and lock himself into the office. The guy then pulled out a can of petrol and started brekaing into one of the buildings next door to the church. Knowing what might happen my father rang the police. He said in broken English to the person on the other sideof the phone line "some guy breaking church door please come quickly". By this time the guy had got into the building and was smashing everything in site. My father waited 5 minutes and rang again this time saying "I call earlier about guy breaking church door he inside now and putting petrol everywhere he is going to burn the church down". Police were on their way apparently! My father waited for another five minutes by that time this guy was outside the doors chanting away and holding a molotov(unlight still). My father then rang the fire brigade and explained to them. Another five minutes went by and the guy light the Molotov. My father rang the police again this time saying" the guy light church come quickly". Shortly after the guy threw the Molotov at the building and the flames started gushing out. At which point the Fire brigade turned up. The guy was still on the premises and watched the fire brigade setting up. Slowly got into his car and drove off. The police was on site 45 minutes after the initial call. They found the guy two hours later strapped to a petrol bowser trying to light himself on fire. aparently his lighter wouldnt work so a bunch a guys tackled him and sat on him for a while.

SeaHunt
18-05-2004, 12:06 PM
I would have give him a light, if his lighter wouldn't work.. Maybe not, strapped to a bowser. But you get where I am coming from. :P

craigie
18-05-2004, 01:44 PM
So....., is all this discussion leading to the fact that 'Ashley' is going to be strapped to a petrol bowser and all his victims taunt him with ciggy lighters.
Now I know where this thread was going ??? :-/ ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

SeaHunt
18-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Hopefully , Craigie.
Luckily he didn't get any of my money, but if he did I would have it (or something to replace it) back by now. Considering we know where he lives.