PDA

View Full Version : Cabbage (lettuce) and weed availability from the B

brissy
20-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi

Ok, now that I've been informed that Luderick can be caught in the Brisbane River, can anyone tell me where in the Brisbane River (or Brisbane in general) that you can collect weed (either "weed" or "cabbage")? I've been fishing for Luderick for many years from Ocean rocks and so generally use cabbage (lettuce) marine weed. Do people generally use the long stringy weed in the river? Can it be collected along the rivers edge around the city? I've limited transport and live around the Kangaroo Point area.

Once again, any help would be appreciated and thanks for the help people have already given me.
Glenn

DeeGee
20-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Glenn, # The best known fishing spot is under the road & rail bridges which cross the boat passage to Fishermans Island. However, I dont think that it would be accessable by public transport. #I don't think that there are any buses along that road, and I'm pretty sure that the rail line is just for freight trains taking goods to & from the wharves.
If you can get there, luderick can be caught on either the fine green weed or on cabbage. Cabbage weed can be collected in small quantities from the mangroves near the boat ramp car park, but it's pretty thin on the ground.
The fine green weed is often available on floating pontoon type jetties which are all along the river.

Regards Don.