PDA

View Full Version : Theiving mongrel.

mono
25-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Can anyone give me some reasons for the following.

A bloke broke-in to 28 homes last year over a 4 month period around our small town, while the people were sleeping (Home invasion), ourselves included. The police finally caught him through DNA off a cigarete butt.
This guy is a pro, he wears latex gloves, all black clothing, unlocks at least 2 doors so he has an escape routes etc.
He was charged with 15 home invasions and spent the last 6 months in jail.
Last week he got out on parole.
Last Sunday nite, while my wife and 3 kids under 5, were sound asleep we were broken into and robbed of about $3500 cash which I had worked my bumm off to earn.
The neibours spoted him braking in downstairs and called 000. The police were here in minutes but as they approched the front door the neigbour spotted him bolting out the back door.
In his bid to escape he left a push bike and his shoes near our home which I found and through DNA and fingerprints on the bike they arrested this bloke again!
Fine one would think, this guy is on parole for the same offences so he should go away for quite a while this time!!
Not so, he is charged and put into Grafton Jail and a day later fronts coart and is let out on Bale!!!!!!
The police didnt recover any of my money so its probaly my money he has used to get out on bale.
Unbeleivable, I'm fuming.
Alot of my mates think we need to get our mackerel baterns out of the boat for the night and teach this guy a proper leason but we would probably get he book thrown at us for hurting this poor defenceless druggy.
Any advice??

Heath
25-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Gotta get caught first Mono.

It would seem a shame that he tried to break into one of your mates houses & got caught. In the scuffle, it as also unfornunate that both legs were severly broken, in what no doubt is self defence. so broken that he walked with a limp for the rest of his life...... get my drift!

Or, noone needs nor probly cares about this scum. Take him out on the boat & throw the F$#ker over the side.

I prefer the beating myself. Slightly more satisfying if you ask me.

basserman
25-04-2004, 03:42 PM
whats that saying is see noting i hear nothing!

who care what you do as long as their is no witnesses!
sometime i think we need to take the law into our own hand as these hard working coppers just keep getting let down by our leagae system! ;)

trevcob
25-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Cattle dog a big Blue Mongrel to match the other Mongrel cheeck mate.

Al_Macka
25-04-2004, 04:31 PM
I`d look into getting a dog around the house bud,,,
( Blue Cattle )
Kid`s will love it...
JUNKIES & THIEVES ... Don`t poke around these animal`s
BEST OF LUCK...........

jaybee
25-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Mono didnt you say there was a big shark eating ya macks the other day, gee a human teaser that should keep him away from ya macks. i've been robbed 3 times now, not a nice feeling, i have a montion alarm now when i'm asleep it is on except up near the bedrooms.
cheers
Joe.

Churbro
25-04-2004, 05:29 PM
I had the same thing in a 2 story town house in logan, we were up stairs and herd some thing came down to see the scum jumping thru the window, a week later and during the arvo the same guy came back, I was up stairs again but on my way down when I herd this guy tring to jimmy the window open so I went and called the cops on mobile phone then went out the front door to meet this little smart ass 16-18 y.o who told me Quote : to stay away I have a screw driver, in which I responded good I have a large knife let's see who's is better , the cop's turned up took him away, later on the local news agent told me the same kid had been in their store and put a gun to his wifes head, turns out the gun was a fake, but hell what do you do, he got off on all charges as he was only 15. the cops said if you catch some one in your yard take out their legs and drag them back inside your house, as it was in self defence the can't do much.

robman
25-04-2004, 05:30 PM
It is a shame there are a small group of scum that are fuc8ing up this country. The judges are the ones to blame they are so p*ss weak when it comes to giving a punishment that is fitting for the crime commited. I have lost all faith in the legal system. If you are a drug dealer you will get off on a good behaviour bond, if your car is out of rego for ten minutes they will throw the book at you ??? where's the real justice??? From experience, I don't think all the cops try that hard either.
Regards Robman

basserman
25-04-2004, 05:44 PM
yeh maybe not all of them try their hardest but then again would you try that hard if you knew they are going to get off scot free anyway no matter how hard you tryed

PinHead
25-04-2004, 06:05 PM
We go out and leave the doors and windows unlocked and at times open..amazing how no one seems interested in getting in...must be those 2 rhodesian ridgebacks that live with us..they are a hobby..showing and training them but they also seem to let strangers know they are not all that welcome.

bungie
25-04-2004, 06:13 PM
If you find you need to help a crook out with a broken leg before the coppers turn up, don't tell us here. Makes it harder for you down the track

SCOTTYGC
25-04-2004, 06:43 PM
i have a nice little blue x kelpie that lets me know when anybody is around
she might anoy the neigbors ( they havent complained)
and id be a bit carful in hurting someone even in self defence
cops and judges can be strange sometimes about that

banshee
25-04-2004, 06:56 PM
Your money is probably disapearing up this arseholes arm as we speak,most of the crime in this area is generated by drug habits.

Local_Guy
25-04-2004, 07:12 PM
get this.
we run a sunglasses shop. one day, during the day, 2 guys opened up a locked cabinet, stole 2 oakleys before anyone noticed, then left the shop.
the cops classed this as "break and enter"...... needless to say the insurance company's didn't.... reasons being. no one was hurt, the shop was open(business hours), they didn't break anything..... yet still the cops classed it as break and enter.

few days later these people were arrested and charged. just the other day we received 1 cheque of what appears to be many for reinbursement of the stolen goods. the cops didn't say it at the time(cuz they couldn't) but everyone knew what they meant... getting money back from these theifs is like getting blood out of a stone.... "wow. this stone bleeds"

argonautical
25-04-2004, 07:27 PM
We have ridgeback/ bull terrier cross that could bite through an iron bar and a staffy bull terrier cross with a jaw that makes the ridgeback look tame. No-one comes through our gate - not even the seven day adventists.

Shouldn't be necessary and didn't stop some low-life swiping my personal EPIRB out of my tinny while getting the the car down the ramp, but an ounce of prevention..........

argo

el_carpo
25-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Are you allowed to own firearms in Australia or have the politicians robbed you of that right?

Buddy, I feel for you. The thought of some creep being in your house with your wife and kids makes ME sick. I can only imagine what YOU are feeling right now. Good old revolving door legal system. How about if we let the prisoners out in the judge's neighborhood? Do you think he'd want HIS kids to be near a drugged up repeat offender? I somehow think that the guy would stay in prison a while longer.

I don't know what to tell you. The situation stinks! I'm glad to hear that your family is safe and at least physically unharmed. I guess we can only pray that the next family is as lucky. >:(

PinHead
26-04-2004, 12:35 AM
el-carpo..it is not in our Constitution that people have the right to have weapons. I have never owned any firearm nor ever had any need to own one. Others may disagree but that is their prerogative.

el_carpo
26-04-2004, 02:31 AM
Pinhead,

Costitutions don't give rights, they protect and defend them. God, or if you don't believe in Him, call it nature, gives rights. They are inalienable and bestowed to us at birth. ;)

I can't say that I blame you for not wanting a gun in your home. I'd hate to shoot someone. It would probably mess my head up for quite a while. Having said that, I WOULD shoot someone if they threatened the life and/or limbs of my loved ones. I'd much rather be a little depressed over killing someone than being completely crushed and devastated over failing to protect my family. Also, remember, no one is forcing them (the burglars) to break into the homes of others. It's completely their choice. They're big boys and should have to face the consequences of their actions. Again, there's no way I would shoot someone unless I absolutely had to. If my family was at my back and he had clear access to a door, I'd tell him to take off and I'd call the police. If he got away with some "stuff", fine. "Stuff" can be replaced. If he threatened a loved one, Bang! Unfortunate, but that's the way it goes.

Stay safe everybody. I hope no one ever faces that scenario.

ba229
26-04-2004, 07:49 AM
heres a true story that happened to a good friend of mines family 2 weeks ago.

his grandmother heard people in her house at night and calledc her son who lives around the corner. by the time he got there both the grandmothers hips were broken. they don't know if she fell or was pushed.

it was that bad that later that night her life support was turned off. :'(

they caught a 15 yr old girl (junky) the next day and they beleive there could have been 2 males involved.

as if it wasn't enough that a family had lost a loved one, 2 days later knowing the old lady wasn't there anymore the house was ramsaked.

There are some sickening things happening in our society.

goodoo
26-04-2004, 08:48 AM
FIREARMS ARE BASICLY ILLEGAL O THE HONEST PEOPLE BUT DOBERANS ARE NOTMY BITCH WOULD LET YOU IN BUT ONCE YOU WERE IN YOU WERENT GETTING OUT WIHOUT THE LOSS OF AT THE VERY LEAST LIMBS AS FOR THE DOG HE WOULD SNEAK QUIETLY AROUND AND JUST GRAB THE F@**#@S BY WHICH EVER PART OF ANATOMY WAS THE CLOSEST THIS WE FOUND OUT BY THE IERY SCREAMS COMING FROM THE BACK YARD ONE NIGHT :GOODOO

Muddie
26-04-2004, 09:42 AM
if someone broke into my house while my family was asleep i would make sure they were never able to walk ever again.get a good dog mate,get it trained so it will attack on comand,if hes done it twice he may do it again thinking there might be more money in the house.i have freinds with dogs that are not trained but are so protective of their owners that you cant even shake their hand with out the dog going crazy.find out what dogs are most protective and good around kids.

PinHead
26-04-2004, 10:03 AM
Rottweilers & Rhodesian Ridgebacks are both excellent family dogs and superb with kids...neither needs any protection training as they will naturally protect their owners and property HOWEVER...they are not breeds for people who have no idea about basic obedience training of a dog..they are not dogs that should be hit or shown any aggressive behaviour...have had both breeds..never hit my dogs for any reason whatsoever and ALWAYS obedience trained them...only then are they good companions. For anyone not prepared to train correctly..get a bloody small dog.

SNAFU
26-04-2004, 12:24 PM
i live in manly (bris) and last w/end 7 junior scumbags had a night out and spiked over117 cars tyers ,either 2 or all 4.on side so they are r/s.they were parked outside houses and left a trail from one socialy -economicaly underprivelaged group of dwellings to another,about 5k in all. 5 were caught and "DELT WITH IN JUVANILE COURT".that means nothing happend to them and names were suppresed to protect the poor little darlings.they wont want to be exposed as several groups of people want to discuss some aversion therapy with them.in all about 30,000$ damage was caused.
SNAFU

imported_admin
26-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Should be allowed to have a gun in every home as our right to do what we like in our own home.

As per usual though the law protects the criminal as you are only allowed to use appropriate force. Thats why they carry screw drivers instead of knives, no law against carying a screw driver. By law we can only confront them with a screwdriver or less. Thats why you need to have two guns, one to shoot them with, and then well, you can work out what to do with the other one...

el_carpo
26-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Ausfish wrote,
"Thats why you need to have two guns, one to shoot them with, and then well, you can work out what to do with the other one... "

I like the way you think. I'm making you an honorary Chicagoan! You'd do well here! ;)

There was a funny story that happened here many years ago. A bunch of white bikers rode their motorcycles into a neighborhood where a bunch of white guys wouldn't fit in (I'll leave it at that). So a local thug decides to brandish a pistol at these fellas and proceeded to tell them to stick 'em up and hand over their cash. He felt confident being on his own turf, that he'd have these guys scared to resist his demands. Big mistake. You see, these guys were all off-duty Chicago police officers and were armed with their service revolvers. "You have it all wrong.", they said as they all pointed their guns at his head. "We're robbing you!" "Now hand over your cash and give me your jacket and shoes as well!" They took his stuff too, I'm not making this up! ;D They rode off, leaving him there to try and figure out what had just happened. Like I said, that happened a long time ago. I could just see what would happen now if something like that occured. The activists would have a riot! Hehehe! Well at least one crook got his nose rubbed in it! ;D

bigbrian47
26-04-2004, 02:33 PM
brisbane recently, some scum were breaking car windows
suburb by suburb it would be interesting to know the collective damage value @ if caught what restitution they would have to make
most screens are under the excess to replace so innocent owners are paying for these scums idea of fun
don"t know what the answer is
wonder what their parenmts would think
cheers brian

trevcob
26-04-2004, 04:34 PM
We moved from Fernvale in the Brisbane vally. five years ago to Currimundi wife 3 kids 2 cattle dogs 2 years ago both houses on either side of us were robed house across the road and the house behind us roded last year . my dogs are 10 and 11 years old and we havent ever lost a thing the dogs are bored.

bidkev
26-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your home invasion Mono :-(

I know what we'd all like to do with this guy, but you have to be careful. I have to pick up the pieces of families that these scum leave in their wake. Not only do they destroy your security but their own kid's security as well.

The "pro" crims are the ones who have the resources to hire top notch lawyers and get away with it, and the "scum" who are classed as "unfortunates" by the social and probation services know that their social worker or some other activist group will plead for them.

*These* are the people who get protection from the system *not* Mr Average, who grafts his bollocks off to earn a crust just to get it knicked by these prats.

I've had 11 yr old kids come into my care who disclose to me that, "I used to help mum cut her stuff and then we'd go out and sell it". What chance have these poor buggers got? (I used to ask myself). Surely we should help them instead of just locking them up with no chance of rehab?"

As the years have gone by, I have come to realise, "yes, it *is* sad that these kids (druggies), are the way they are because of learned behaviour, but it's time that the system paid more attention to the protection of the innocent (non-offender victim) than "paused for thought" as to *why* someone has offended. If they've offended, then they've offended! Make society a safer place for the non offender, get the offender off the streets where they can't offend, then, and only then, when they are safe from their own criminal actions, look at ways of rehab.

That said, I've known kids that have been in excellent foster care from the age of 6 months, who had *no* learned behaviours other than excellent ones, who turned out just like their parents who dumped them. There must be an element of genetic pre-disposition in these cases?

To get back to the point. Take care. I think we all know that the justice system offers very little justice for the victim, very little "satisfactory* rehabilitation for the offender, and dire consequences for the victim who takes the law into their own hands. The conclusion being from the last sentence is that the justice system would put more effort into protecting it's own brand of justice (income) than satisfying the demands of the victim for true justice.

kev

Razza
27-04-2004, 03:46 AM
I have a question for everyone what do you do when you have a carload of teenagers driven around by a 40 year old female cruising around your neighbourhood attempting to lob a molotov cocktail on your roof
the answer as far as the local police are concerned is nothing , just stay inside and call them
We tried that and after 2 hours and no cops show up we decided to stand out front and not give them the opportunity to throw the petrol bomb
First triple o call at 10pm when 4 came walking out of the park armed with star pickets but they turned tail and ran when they realised i wasnt going to back off, I ran at them
In the ensuing chase they dropped two bottles,b oth containing petrol and a wick
We sat out the front of our property till 5 am the next morning not giving them the opportunity to stop the car which was tearing around the block at an estimated speed of 80 to 90 ks
After an estimated 8 ooo calls from the neighbours in the streetthe police finally picked up the car and arrested the driver for drunk driving and released them 2 hrs later
The teenagers were all released and are still making threats to come back and burn down the house
I was told by the poliuce if i had of attacked the car or anyone in the car i would have been facing charges
Police wont tell us what is happening with any charges except that one charge of attempted arsonhas been written up

So we dont sleep at night any more

PS We discovered through talking to other teenagers in the neighbourhood that it was a party they were coming from where there was 15 of the little arsholes and they kept changing passengers in the car
My advice 4 anyone out there who has a problem like this is domnt involve the police deal with it yourself cause the police dont want to know
Razza

el_carpo
27-04-2004, 04:20 AM
Oh my God Razza! They let them go after they tried to firebomb your house?!!!!! :o Ya, I'd probably give them a few reasons not to try that again. Be real careful. The police know you. If anything happens to them, they'll probably arrest you. Soooooo.... have everyone in your community call the police around the clock. Make sure they do their jobs. Stay on them. You're going to have to be a very squeeky wheel. Make sure the police maintain a high presence around your place. This stuff drives me nuts! The rotten little bast@#*s! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Letting an arsenist go who vows revenge! Good grief! What nonsense!

Razza
27-04-2004, 05:14 AM
What annoys me the most is that only 1 person is going to be charged with attempted arson don;t know what will happen with the rest, but the police won't charge with arson because none of our walls burnt down, only the roof had fire damage. Then when we let them know how many people were in voled all they can say is they can't go around arresting everyone that was there, how pathetic..........now my daughter is harrased at school and where she works.

PinHead
27-04-2004, 05:20 AM
I would consider relocating to somewhere a but quieter Razza..never had anything like that happen to me.

NQCairns
27-04-2004, 05:54 AM
Holy crap those storys are just plain bad bad bad, dont pay a fisheries fine etc and go to jail, try and burn a house etc and sleep in your own bed with confidence.
I have moved a while ago to the edge of a known bad area the road past is one of the only 2 ways in or out. Most of the houses near me have the cleanest yards nothing is left in view, we have had no unlawfull trouble but I have worn a track around the house during all those late night strange noises, the bloody dog just thinks it is all great fun!! hope she comes good with age.

Australia's grosse domestic product should deduct all the work done and needed to secure your abode, that would get the pollies moving.
This last year I am sure I have spent 5 full days in total making sure everything is packed away under lock and key for the night every night, elsewhere I have lived I would have left the stuff out for the next day.
The neighbours at the back have 2 Rotweilers(sp) strangely both got sick one night and the place got broken into- coincidence? no one knows. (by the way what is the definition of terrorism?) good luck to you blokes. nq

northsboy
27-04-2004, 10:32 AM
This is just plain awfull to read!!! We have never been broken into but stuff out of the back yard has been stolen even though our fence is around 8 foot and its wooden pickets!! Since we have got our dog ( 3 qaurters dingo) nowbody has tryed coz she will go mad and lets everybody know for miles that there is somebody around!! Mate thats what i suggest to you get yourself a dog! They do the job!
Cheers Liam

sominc
27-04-2004, 12:39 PM
That horrible to read, unfortunately my family has had something simular done to our family business.

We own a small chain of jewelery stores in brisbane and almost 10 years ago now we were broken into. This was a professional job we were watched for months and when the day came every one in the shop was held at gun point. They made away with + $2 million dollars worth of stock.

The worst part is that the way they went into the shop they specifically targeted my grand mother who comes in every now and again to put her nose in things.

Just shows how the level of morals in australia had deteriorated in Australia so badly that criminals have lowered themselves to targeting the elderley :-/

I believe that the people of this country should be given more power in their homes to defend and protect themselves.

PS the security systems in most jewelers throughout brisbane were upgraded after hearing of what happened to us.

el_carpo
27-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Sominc,

Your grandmother was targeted and luckily survived. Here's a story from Chicago that would support your call for more rights in defending yourselves. A few years back, two punks break into a house and find an old woman who was restricted to a wheel chair. They threaten to kill her if she doesn't give them all of her valuables. They rough her up a little and she agrees. She tells them to take her over to her "Jewlery" chest. --You're going to like this!-- Inside it, is where she keeps her loaded .357 magnum. She opens it, grabs the gun, they dive for her with their knives BANG! BANG! Two dead bast@#%s. She calls the police. End of story. Good guys two, bad guys zero. Game over. I know having a gun in the house can be a two-edged sword. There are risks involved. But if you're responsible and keep it as safe as you can and teach the kids to act with proper caution and respect, I think it's worth it. The criminals need to have some fear. As it is now, they don't. None at all. I know this is a very controversial topic and with reason. I personally see it as everyone's right to choose what they feel is right for them. It's not like you'd be forced to own a gun if you didn't want to or anything. Maybe require training courses and have gun holder lisences? I don't know. It just seems that things can't go on like this. When you have wolves all around, it's best not to be a sheep. If I die, I want to go fighting, not saying, "Please don't hurt my family!" >:(

Mudcrab
28-04-2004, 04:10 AM
Keep a pick handle in the house!
But have to ask the tuff question, why on earth would you keep that amount of money lying about the house anyway?
Recipe for trouble!

ratherbfishing
28-04-2004, 05:10 AM
:)Hi guys just been reading these threads ,and we are in the process of applying for our visas to live in australia,but am starting to wonder if we are doing the right thing :( seems the home invasions are a real problem out there we all these problems in this sorry country (u.k) but it does not seem on this scale most of you have some bad experiances to talk about regarding scum stealing your stuff or getting into your property etc is it really as bad as it sounds?we want to move to a better life for us and our two young girls but from what i am reading on here it sounds like a bad idea to move out there :( not sure on the point to this post really think i was kinda hoping you would tell me something to convince me i have got it wrong :-/ as i really want to come out there drink some beer and catch some proper fish and make some good friends and not spend every night wondering if we will be safe in our own homes :'( tell me its not that bad regards paul

gunna
28-04-2004, 05:38 AM
Think about alarms & good lighting a bit also guys. I have the house alarmed in sections that allows us to sleep at night plus use bathroom etc - while the rest of the house stays on alarm. Gives plenty of comfort - although may be difficult with small kids. And its always 100% alarmed when we are out. I also have a number of sensor spotlights around the eaves as a deterrent at night.

Heath
28-04-2004, 05:44 AM
As with the UK. It all depends on where you live.

Besides comming from the UK & the pound being roughly 3 times that of the Aussie dollar. I'm sure you'll find a nice safe secure residence [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

sominc
28-04-2004, 06:41 AM
Heheh, good point heath

There are plenty of areas that are peaceful and quite.

Australia is a tops place, i say get over here as quick as you can and save your self from that warm beer ;D

firetruck
28-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Ratherbfishing, i've lived (at various times) in the same street in suburban brisbane for over 20yrs and have never experienced anything like this or heard of neighbours being robbed. TOUCH WOOD!

Yes this does exist but i wouldn't let this thread put you off too much.

el_carpo
28-04-2004, 08:38 AM
Well Ratherbefishing, if you don't want to move there, you can always come live next to me! My city has an unsavory reputation that comes from leading the nation in total murders. We somehow manage to murder eachother around 600 times a year. :o

My city also has the STRICTEST gun laws in the nation, hmmmmmmmm... ::)

You know, I think you're better off in Australia. I'm trying to get the he@% out of here myself. :-/

Pray for El Carpo! ;D I'm coming soon Michigan, just a few more years! Just a few more years!!!

Muddie
28-04-2004, 08:44 AM
australia is a great place and i wouldnt want to live anywhere else but like anywhere in the world there are good and bad areas to live.this forum isnt big enough to tell you about what used to go on where i used to live but ill tell a couple,weve had police chaceing crims through our back yard many times,everyone in our street had their car stolen at least once and most had their house broken into (luckly we didnt)gangs of drunks walking up the street demolishing everything in their path and we even had 5 or 6 people hidding in the corner of our yard that had robed a service station and had stabbed the attandant 6 or 7 times in the face with a screw driver.but haveing said that the whole of australia isnt like that.we have now moved to the hawksbury where i leave the house with all the doors left open when,we have a dog that sneaks in and makes itself at home on the lounge but we dont even need it because it a great area where everyone looks out for each other and keeps an eye on each others property.so ratherbfishing yes bad things do happen here but im sure bad things happen in the UK as well.if i was you i wouldnt hesitate on comeing here to live just dont live in problem areas.

bungie
28-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Ratherbefishing,

Live in Toxteth and Brixton, South centeral LA, Redfern in Sydney you get robbed and bashed, Live in other area's and you would have thought you were in heaven. Like anywhere else in the world, just look around before buying

lordy
28-04-2004, 01:08 PM
australia is a great place and i wouldnt want to live anywhere else but like anywhere in the world there are good and bad areas to live.this forum isnt big enough to tell you about what used to go on where i used to live but ill tell a couple,weve had police chaceing crims through our back yard many times,everyone in our street had their car stolen at least once and most had their house broken into (luckly we didnt)gangs of drunks walking up the street demolishing everything in their path and we even had 5 or 6 people hidding in the corner of our yard that had robed a service station and had stabbed the attandant 6 or 7 times in the face with a screw driver.but haveing said that the whole of australia isnt like that.we have now moved to the hawksbury where i leave the house with all the doors left open when,we have a dog that sneaks in and makes itself at home on the lounge but we dont even need it because it a great area where everyone looks out for each other and keeps an eye on each others property.so ratherbfishing yes bad things do happen here but im sure bad things happen in the UK as well.if i was you i wouldnt hesitate on comeing here to live just dont live in problem areas.

Remind me not to move to your area (where is you area) ;D

lordy
28-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Should be allowed to have a gun in every home as our right to do what we like in our own home.

The two problem with that are:

1. the burglars will arm themselves with guns to protect themselves from homeowners with guns. Rather than running for the back door with your VCR under their arm, we have more shotouts, more dead homeowners :-/ (dead burglars don't count :-X).

2. IIRC homeowners guns kill more children than burglars. :'(

ratherbfishing
28-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Hi guys thank you all so much for your replies you have made me feel a lot better :) we just as i said want a much better life in a nice area were as you say people look out for each other and yes this place( u.k ) has some really bad areas were you just cant go and a spineless goverment that does not listen to the people when deciding its policies for penalities for the ciminals and does not implement tough enough punishments to fit the crimes so there is little deterant to this scum and on top of that they have sold all our fishing to the french and spanish while our own guys get their boats decomissioned!! the whole country is falling down around us and they just keep letting more and more people in so i think you are al right just need to pick a decent area to live when we get out there we were looking at maroochy or caloundra as possibilities or somewhere near these areas do you think these area safer areas for us and the kids?? like i said just want a quite life for my children to be safe and happy have some bbq,s with you guys drink some beer and for us all to become australians oh and do as much fishing as possible!! thanks again to all of you and have a great week kind regards paul

nonibbles
28-04-2004, 02:49 PM
come to Townsville best place in the world (if your skins made of solar panels!) otherwise try Tassie (my second favourite place)

Dug
28-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Good movement sensor lights at all entrances and any dog will deter most thieves. They like easy targets. We live on the Sunshine Coast and the crime rate dropped as the dog population went up. I must ask $3,500!!!! AT HOME? and not secured?

Not a good idea, one bloke on Canberra was killed in a home invasion, he had $80,000 in cash in his home DUMB!

Think about security, all the time, think if I was a thief what would I be looking for.

You cannot legally defend your home, you have to be in fear of your life to fight back or you will be charged with assault or worse.

If you are thinking of coming to Australia don't let this put you off it is a great place and mostly safe most of the times like anywhere there are places not to live or go after dark but on the whole it's great.

I spent the last 16 years living in a home that was never locked we knew if we had intruders because they would have left stuff like fruit of food or stuff. Our milk man used to come in and put the milk in the fridge.
;D

We have now moved to suburbia so have our dogs and a good security system but we do not exactly live in fear.

lordy
28-04-2004, 04:06 PM
I spent the last 16 years living in a home that was never locked we knew if we had intruders because they would have left stuff like fruit of food or stuff. Our milk man used to come in and put the milk in the fridge.

I grew up in the country and we never used to lock the doors even we went on holidays. The keys were always left in unlocked cars even over night. My folks never had a problem in 34ish years I've been around (rain coming through the open car windows excepted ;D).

thisbig
30-04-2004, 05:36 PM
get a dog its the only thing that has stopped our house from being done. nextdoor got done and when the silly scum was interupted jumped our fence to get away.dogs(2) got him held him hurt him.until about five min befor cops got there.you should have heard him sook.tip-dont put any WARNING sighns up then you are saying that your dog bites then when it does its the first time!stuff the crims.

Zeeke
30-04-2004, 05:43 PM
theres 2 ways around the beware of dog sign

"Beware of Dog" sign "legally" says that there is a vicious animal on premises and if it does bite someone, you can be sued

but
"Beware of a Dog" sign "legally" says that there is a dog on the property and if it does bite someone, you were notified by the sign

Its a legal loophole i found out when i was working in a petshop.. 2 diff signs, only 2 words difference and tis all it takes

Tim

sominc
30-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Interesting to know that, we just put up a "beware of dog" sign for our great dane cause we have some construction goin on.

Might have to change it.

Thanks for the info

Maria
30-04-2004, 07:47 PM
I've lived in Australia all my life, being born here in Brisbane. I Lived here for 6 years before moving up to Rockhampton for a few years. Following that, I moved back down here to live permanently. The moves were as a result of my parents' work.

In all the residences I have lived in, never once have I seen first hand a break and enter, robbery or any other related incident. We did however witness a street shootout resulting in the murder of a women and her two children when I was younger.

Furthermore, I've never had any friends or relatives that have been broken into.

I guess it's all about the areas you live in. We've never had a dog, or overly sized fences. Just common sense.

Touch wood.

Ben

wacco_fozzy
01-05-2004, 04:18 AM
Sadly, We've been broken into in every house I've lived in (6 in total)

el_carpo
01-05-2004, 07:14 AM
I'm sorry you witnessed that murder Ben. That kind of tragic and traumatic event stays with you. I've been through a few of them myself as well. Years go by but it always seems like yesterday. :-/

Be safe and stay strong.

E.C.

sir_noelus
01-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Mono, People can only try to understand the devastation of robbery if they've not been involved. We've had our home 'busted' twice. Once they got two high grade competition trap shot guns. These had been personally fitted for me and it shattered me for a long time. They were costly. We've had our business broken into twice, each time losing lots of elec tools etc. Last year took boss lady out for dinner for her b/day. The wine was good so we opened a second bottle. Doing the right thing, left my Jackaroo in restaurant yard and got cab home. Some p---k 'borrowed it (without permission of course), drove it out the bush a couple of kms, took the turbo off and burned the vehicle to remove prints etc. All for a piddling little turbo. Insurance is only a small compensation for losing something you enjoy. Sir Noelus.

ba229
01-05-2004, 09:20 AM
the only time i have been robbed was partially my own fault.

i was night fishing in melbourne alot and couldn't be bothered taking all the gear out of the car all the time. so at the end of the night i would drape a rain coat over the lot. i lived in a good area and thought it would be no problem.

one day the car was knocked off (old sh$t box corrona) and i found it 300m down the road with all my fishing gear gone.

it upset me but i didn't let it get to me. i was partially my fault for tempting some little prick in the first place.

Aust is great and i reckon the crime rates a pretty low. i guess all we good citizens want is a far cop. that is when a person gets caught time and time again they need to be dealt with. however that may be.

bidkev
01-05-2004, 11:07 AM
<snip>

like i said just want a quite life for my children to be safe and happy have some bbq,s with you guys drink some beer and for us all to become australians oh and do as much fishing as possible!! thanks again to all of you and have a great week kind regards paul

Paul, I'm in Brisbane and came here 8 years ago from Blackpool. Never regreted it for a minute. As for where you want to live. I find Brizzy a good place 'cause I can be fishing on the Sunshine Coast, or the Gold Coast in less than an hour. I can also be fishing Moreton bay in ten minutes. The jobs are here also, although I'm a house husband. We know quite a few people from the UK that have come here and all found work inside a week.

Look me up when you get here and we can have a few beers.........oh!...........and a fish :-)

Good luck

kev

ratherbfishing
01-05-2004, 09:25 PM
:)thanks kev sounds great mate will give you a shout when i get closer to getting out there regards paul

sir_noelus
04-05-2004, 10:06 AM
I guess this trail reminds me of the fishing reel salesman (read as p***k) on this site. One thing seems to stand out. The general lack of interest in such matters from the Fed's. They all say they are so busy they've no time to be bothered with matters like these. They all have time to spend generating $'s from fairly unimprtant matters like trivial traffic offenses though. Afraid in my opinion the fed's have become a money generating business and don't give a stuff about these things. Wonder what would happen if it was their house/family involved. Bet they'd hunt the bastards into the ground and the revolving door principal would NOT apply. Noel.

Beggsy
21-05-2004, 06:46 AM
Well here I was reading this string about 3 weeks ago and thinking how lucky we'd been to just lose a few Xmas lights over the years.

That was, until Tuesday............... got the call at work from the wife that our house had been broken into.
Broad daylight - she went for an unscheduled trip between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. Came back to bloody mayhem. Drawers and bookshelves and stuff all over the place !!!!
She obviously disturbed them, as they had things lined up at the Laundry door (which they'd easily jemmied open) ready to go....... and that's scary in itself as she is a Day Care Mum and had 3 Two year olds with her.

Anyway, they pretty well cleaned us out - the "missing" list is long including many heirlooms and mementos (kids christening presents, Mums jewellery etc) and including 2 relatively new ABU Freeliner reels.

We have a Border Collie, who may have barked, but as all our neighbours work, there was no-one around to hear her.

Over the shock now - just VERY pissed off !!!!! We've worked bloody hard for the things we have.
We can replace the things, but it's going to take several weeks/months before my 2 older kids can sleep soundly in their own home - IT'S JUST NOT BLOODY RIGHT....

BTW........
I was muttering to the coppers about what I'd like to do to these pricks - they kinda just smiled and advised me that I could end up in worse trouble than the real offenders if I hurt them - bullshit isn't it?

propdinger
21-05-2004, 07:15 AM
beggsy
the law hardly ever works out for the person who has been broken into my fathers best mates house was broken into and $10,000's os dollars worth stolen cleaned it almost right out and when they got half back because the police caught them with some of the stuff the guys got 12 months good behavour bonds since then they have moved cause his wife couldnt stay home by her self she was to scaired now they have spent shiiiiii* loads more to move and the first thing they put in the house was an alarm and she is still very uptight about it
theiving fn mungrels (string them up and cut there nuts off)

sorry for your misfortune

jeff

propdinger
21-05-2004, 07:15 AM
oh and cops told him he isnt aloud anywhere near the guys as he would be put in jail if he touched them

xxxxhornet
21-05-2004, 11:22 AM
2 shots - one 'warning shot' in the ceiling - you guess where the other one goes, but that will be the end of it......

Beggsy
21-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks Jeff,

The Fingerprint lady said she got some good prints off some of the stuff they handled - if they can match them, we might hear something in about a month (a MONTH?). She said not to get too excited as they were probably juveniles anyway....

Mate, if they're big enough to break into my home and scare the shit out of my kids, I reckon they're big enough to face the consequences either from the law or from me!!

SeaHunt
22-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Hey Beggsy,
If you ever do catch someone in your house and "accidently" injure them and the police charge you, plead not guilty , get a trial with a jury..
They have to find 12 people who think you are guilty.
If I was on the Jury , you would be acquited. ;)

quail
24-05-2004, 12:54 PM
a homeboy junkie broke in my house didnt hear my car pull in and i spear tackeled his head into the tiles and punched him in a fit of rage when he came down the stairs had him pinned and the bloke {around 25} screamed and sqielled like a boar getting its throat cut i got up to get the phone and he ran off called cops and they did nothing as he didnt get anything

MTpockets
24-05-2004, 02:10 PM
jeeeez...... sitting here reading all these replys and at the moment feeling really pissed off with all this.
I feel for all the guys here with the misfortune and have had quite a few things stolen from my yard as well. Namely 2 bikes, my car, trailer, webber bbq..... all outside stuff. I have not had a home broken into yet but time will tell. On Friday night my sons car was stolen from outside his mates flat and ended up on its roof on the Jacobs Well / Pimpama road, with all his expensive stereo gear all gone. Waiting on insurance claim for now. I am really pissed at the punks who did this, and prolly wont get to see the barsterds caught.

The worst time was when I was on holidays at home and was washing the dishes not 10 feet from my son's bike in the garage. I heard the garage door roll open but thought it was just my son. Then I heard my neighbour yelling out to me, and when I got outside he said he saw 2 preeks go into my garage and take the bike and just ride off, with him chasing them. They got away, but geez I really dont know what I would do if I got my hands on the mongrels.

Point is, if they want something they really will try to get it, knowing they are minors and will prolly get away with it. They think everyone is insured anyhow and just dont care. Since that happened we have a house alarm, dog and a axe handle just in case.

Another thing I just remembered. My mate was away on holidays up at Fraser and was broken into and robbed twice in one week. He came back the first time and claimed insurance and resecured the home. 4 days later same guys came back and finished the job. He made a second claim and was then told he was wiped by his insurance company and was reported to police for fraudulent claims. He had to deal with the ombidsman to clear his name which he did, but never was able to claim the loss. (long story cut short)

Just pisses me right off.....

cheers
Les