PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Fish

sir_noelus
29-05-2004, 06:25 AM
Hi, For most of my life I was fairly anti the killing a good fish to hang on the wall to be bragged about. :'( :'( (I mean you never even got to eat it ???. Fishing the Tongariro River in NZ one morning a few years ago I caught a special fish. I learned very quickly why I had been anti trophy fish. It was easy. I had never caught one. During some writing, my best description of the fish was a 'Prince amongst fish, and destined to be a King'. :o Sounds a bit over the top but that was the way I saw it. At a bit over 9lb, and only three years old, he is not the biggest trout I have caught, but the symetrical perfection of the creature was something I'd never seen before. The fish now lives on a wall at the lake, and I don't brag about it. I speak of it with respect and admiration for its beauty and its strength, and surprisingly, have no regrets about killing it. What do you guys think about trophy fish? Noel

kingmad
29-05-2004, 06:37 AM
It isn't the fact that you killed the fish it is the way you so called respect it that makes me laugh. ;D ;D
I hope I dont get any respect from you ;D
Something tells me I wont ::)

Lucky_Phill
01-06-2004, 02:06 PM
It's a funny old world out there Noel.

A Trophy Fish. mmmmm Why not !

People collect Trophy's all the time.

Footy Trophy's, Athetics, Swimming etc. Oh , you say , but that's not killing something. Well, let's take the " Natural Attrition" approach.

It's a dog eat dog world, survival of the fittest, have's and have nots, etc etc.

A Fisherman who collects a Trophy fish , once or twice in their lifetime is a far greater person than one who dis-respects the species by way of desimation. ( shoot, try saying that with 1/2 a dozen beers under ya belt ;) ).

Personnally. I find that OK, Noel.

Cheers Phill

beatle
01-06-2004, 02:29 PM
When I lived down the coast a little (Lennox Head) I would go beach fishing for Jew as often as I could sometimes four nights a week. I caught some really big mothers at times. Every now and then I would get a good run from a big Jew, hook up, have a great fight only to lose him. I would be pissed off for days, but then I thought he is fighting for his life we are only having fun. Yes, I respect the fish.- Beatle

sir_noelus
02-06-2004, 05:00 AM
Phil, Wouldn't dare try Noel