PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

marks2602
04-06-2004, 04:31 AM
Hi
only a new member (This morning) have been reading the forums for a weeks, its great stuff. Pretty new at the fishing game as well - so excuse the dumb questions!
Planning to go fishing off the walls at the Seaway on Sunday - any suggestions - thank you :P

Mudcrab
04-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Best bet this time of the year is Tailor. You need a good fibre glass surf rod anout 3 1/2 - 4 metres long, a six to eight inch alvey side cast reel (listen to the screams on this one!) about a 5 kg line, size 3 triple ganged hooks, good solid round sinker, and about 45 cms trace of about 8 kg breaking strain. Buy some SMALL WA pilchards, lay one on your hand and starting with the eye, put the top hook (near the knot) through it and work your way down. should finish up a nice flat bait. Personally, I reckon you should take a walk out on the Seaway and watch some other guys to see what is going on. Any decent fisho would love to have a chat with you and pass on advice. Other critters such as jewies, luderick, bream are also around but there should be stacks of chopper or school tailor about early morning or late afternoon.

marks2602
04-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Hey there
thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. shall take your tips and see how i go and will see what i can learn from others out there. any opinion on what tide i should concentrate on - thanks again