PDA

View Full Version : Great White Video

Sportfish_5
08-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Guys

Follow this link for some video footage from the USA of a Great White 16 ft + hanging around a cruiser. If I was in my little rig it would have been go home time !!!!!

http://quicksilversurfer.home.comcast.net/great_white_f-3.wmv

It is a big file (8meg) so broadband willl be the go !

Cheers

Greg ;)

el_carpo
08-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Hi Sportfish_5,

I'm stuck with a dial up modem, so I didn't see your vid but I did see quite a video of a great white once. It was fighting with an orca (killer whale). The orca killed it by not letting it swim back down to the deep water. That is one of their primary methods of attack. They do that to other large whales as well. It was such a rare site to see. Those two animals rarely meet. The orca swam under the shark and bit it as it pushed it up near the surface. Crazy stuff.

On a related matter, do any of you folks ever have run-ins with the great whites? What do they do? Do they follow your boat to see if it's food or are they just curious? I'd imagine that you would have some sharks coming to visit if you're chumming with chopped fish and the like. Any shark stories out there? I'd love to hear them (unless they involve tragedy, I'm not a ghoul.) Maybe someone has advice they'd like to share regarding what to do should you encounter one of these toothy critters.