PDA

View Full Version : boat wreck pnt cartright

Dillon
07-06-2004, 02:55 PM
I was surfing at cardies today and my ancore got caught on some ones ancor rope (there was no one else around) I pulled up an ancor with chain and rope only after snapping the rope at a dogy knot where somthing heavy was stuck at the bottem ???
so dose any know of any boats sinking of pnt cartright?

just coureous

DaneCross
07-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Surfing with an anchor? :o ;D

aquarius
07-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Think you mean your surf board leg rope got caught around someones anchor rope.....correct or not correct ???

clutter
07-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Think he probably uses his boat to get out the back of the surf and paddles his board in from there. Seen it done plenty of times before.

clutter

bungie
07-06-2004, 06:47 PM
give the GPS to the local rescue mob, they might know it

kingmad
08-06-2004, 10:41 AM
What da?

jeffo
08-06-2004, 01:45 PM
some one else probably anchored there and couldnt get there anchor off... so cut the rope... then your anchor got stuck to the rope... and neither of you could get it off?

Dillon
08-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Yeh (I was tired when I posted)
I take my boat out so I can leave to another spot if it gets to crowded or it is better elsewhere.
I think that it was a boat because both the anchors are small and the one I pulled up was for a tinny up to about 14ft. and they came up easily after the rope broke.
and there is a granny knot like the one used to tie off the rope to a rail that was recently broken ,but the rope has barnacles and other marine growth on it. Couldn’t get a baring cos my gps and sounder are both buggered (need to take it to a sparky)