wayne_at_nobbys
10-06-2004, 09:15 AM
ANYONE KNOW WHY ELI CREEK IS CLOSED ?

SNELLY
10-06-2004, 09:18 AM
maybe it's green zone as well - everything else is or is about to be

SeaHunt
10-06-2004, 09:23 AM
What do you mean closed, the board walk up through it?
There is no closing the creek itself.
Probably another Gov. conservationist trying to justify his position on the planet.

Nugget
10-06-2004, 09:33 AM
I was there 2 weeks ago and it wasn't closed.

Where did you hear that it was - any more details?

Dave ><>

BladeRunner
10-06-2004, 11:16 AM
The last time I was there the water was deep and cold all the way to the sea never herd of any closure .
Herd the course had changed dramaticly to straight out the front where the busses usualy park .Mother naiture again
BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

Jack_Lives_Here
10-06-2004, 12:59 PM
It's a NO FISHING zone - that's what the sign along the board walk says.
Some BIG JP's up the creek in some of those holes. :P :P

Nugget
10-06-2004, 03:06 PM
The run out has altered towards the south - it used to curl northward but currently flows more straight towards the beach although this has little affect on anything.
The washout and water depth was less than I expected for those heading up the beach.
I think the washout was a bit less than last year.

I've seen some jungle perch (JP's) darting around the bridges and undercut banks of Eli - it really is a pictuesque spot - I'd be keen to know what they have "closed".

Dave ><>

bay_firey
10-06-2004, 03:43 PM
As far s i am aware Eli Creek was/is closed only for the upgrade of the board walk/track and will be reopened as soon as the work is complete

wayne_at_nobbys
11-06-2004, 06:08 AM
Bay_Firey
That Sounds about right.Must Just Be The Upgrade of The Boardwalks.
We Had some friends from sydney drop in on their way back from Frazer Recently .They did the tour bus thing.
We Asked the what the thought of Eli Creek, The Bus Didn't Stop, There They Just Said it Was Closed.
Thanks for The Feedback. Cheers Wayne.