PDA

View Full Version : MEET N GREET

Fisherman02
31-05-2004, 03:53 PM
alright fellas
its gotta be that time again, who is up for another m n g? Lets see a show of hands and maybe suggestions for locations etc
cheers jack

Lucky_Phill
01-06-2004, 01:58 PM
We've go something in the wings Jack.

Just sit back and hang on.

There'll be an announcement soon.

S/E queensland based.

Saltwater.

Green Ginger Wine and Port.

That's about all the info we have now.

Phill ( stay tuned )

Fisherman02
01-06-2004, 03:28 PM
awesome phill
look forward to it mate, keep me posted
cheers jack

MICHAELG
01-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Phil

Got anything to do with D.I

michael

adriancorrea
01-06-2004, 10:38 PM
If its on at the end of this month Phil count me in got holidays coming up

Tight Lines
Adrian

Maria
02-06-2004, 04:02 AM
Meet n Greet comming up soon means coooooold MnG - which in turn means BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG ass fires...maybe. ;D

Can't wait.

Ben

Big_Kev
02-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Tops.

Fisherman02
02-06-2004, 03:03 PM
sweet as
everyone is getting fired up!
Just give us a location :D
cheers jack

searaider
02-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Phil ,
Dont leave us guessing , we want some details .
If I can I'll be there . [smiley=huh2.gif]

Peter
Searaider 2

Zeeke
02-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Cmon, Speak up Fillup.. uve got the home fires burning, gotta let me know if i can make it.. might be off fishing somewhere else!

Tim

propdinger
04-06-2004, 04:57 AM
[smiley=hanged.gif] im just hanging around waiting for more on this .hehe ;D

Lucky_Phill
04-06-2004, 05:27 PM
OK, tit bits coming in.

Weekend of 19th & 20th June.

Jacobs Well area is where the campsite will be.

Touchy and Lordy done a reckie just a few weeks ago. Have a place that is open to noise, beer, fish and has No Rangers ( jeez, I'll never live that one down, so I thought I get in before the rest of you Ferets ).

19th is a day after a New Moon, so Good fishing abounds. Bream, I suppose will be the target species, from there to the Pin. And also , some good tailor will be about in the surf.

Will post more details when they come to hand. So keep that weekend in mind, fellas. Happy Now ?

Phill

Lucky_Phill
04-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Tides , Moon Phases and Solunar periods can be viewed at the following:-

http://www.thefisherman.com.au/html/solunar.html

Cheers Phill

sharkbait
04-06-2004, 06:11 PM
some good tailor will be about in the surf

Ok phill, I'm in, that will be 2 weekends in a row at the pin for me, as we are fishing the Moreton Bay comp next w/e. will do some more recon then.

;D kris.

jethro6641
05-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Kris,'

Cheers,

Jamie

sharkbait
06-06-2004, 11:36 AM
ummm, Jamie.... ???

Cheers!

Kris.

homebound
06-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi guys! Would love to attend (my first M&G) but being totally new to the area would appreciate some details of what sort of fishing can be expected in Jacobs Well. No boat so am confined to the shore. :-/
Any info much appreciated. :)
Robster

propdinger
06-06-2004, 05:41 PM
yes im happy now phill ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Needmorerum
06-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Can anyone tell me what happened to the MNG that was going to be at Stanage Bay. Has this happened, what was the results of the weekend?

Corry

snappa
06-06-2004, 09:05 PM
gee phill
another weekend i cannt make it be in k.l. for 4 days over that w/end >:(

landy1
06-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Bugger,
Its a bit of a drive from here, guess i'll just have to raise a GGW to your luck on the night. ;D Hey maybe we could arrange a rent a ranger for Phill. Just keep them cuss words down now you boys. Theres less boat stopping sandbanks around the pin aswell. ;D ;D :-X ::)

SCOTTYGC
07-06-2004, 09:06 AM
anyone need a deckie for that weekend?
can supply drinks [smiley=drunk.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
live nth end gold coast

Dylan_Rylatt
07-06-2004, 10:39 AM
am looking foward to meeting you jack

Lucky_Phill
07-06-2004, 12:14 PM
No M&G at Stannage yet. That trip is one that has to be organised way in advance and will need 8 - 10 Definate goers with at least 4 boats. It is still in the back of the minds of the organizing commitee !

Myself or others will post info on species sort and the Jacobs Well area, as time progress's.

I am sure we can get you onto the water, Robster. !

Well Kris, there has been Tailor to 5kgs plus caight down that area lately, so a dusk / dawn trip to the surf will be on the cards.

I believe if Touchy, can make it ( given the new stainless Hip replacement recently ), he'll be confined to camp and be Sargent of Arms guarding the GGW. ;D

I personally like the idea of camp fire, port and a chat, and leave the fishing to the young fellas ;) ;) ;)

Cheers for now, Phill

mackmauler
07-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Ok, where is the camp going to be? im thinking of setting up a few ks east over near the bar...

homebound
07-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks Phill

Look forward to more updates. As for getting me out on the water [smiley=thumbsup.gif], be glad for any suggestions and ready with any financial contribution.

regards

Rob

Maria
07-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Might be a good idea to have a show of hands as to who is definately comming or planning to come to the MnG. Will help getting a group together.

Ben

MICHAELG
07-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi all
At this stage I'm a goer(got the leave pass approved). will most likely be a loner, so I will have room for a deckie.
evening fish in the suds sounds good to me or even better Rob can leads us over the bar to some spot x's
Michael

Fisherman02
07-06-2004, 03:15 PM
yeh be good to meet u dylan
22 and as shallow as a puddle :D
cheers jack

squire
07-06-2004, 03:34 PM
TO all would love to catch up with yas unfortunately its my weekend with the young fella. Maybe next trip Marty

caveman
07-06-2004, 03:55 PM
will let you know on this one am keen but with the new bub its a lil difficult

MY-TopEnder
07-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Depending on the nice magistrate who decides on my license... i MAY be there. I'd love to come but we'll see if i can get there. I'll know on Friday...

DaneCross
07-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Would love to be there but looks like we'll be up at Double Island on that weekend :-/

mackmauler
07-06-2004, 06:08 PM
a camp site at the pin

Lucky_Phill
07-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Sounds good Craig ! ;)

Phill

ps, details coming.

Dylan_Rylatt
08-06-2004, 05:15 AM
cool it's on then

propdinger
08-06-2004, 05:29 AM
im 100% in
just may have to work in the morning so a little later arrival from me

jeff

bidkev
08-06-2004, 05:33 AM
Not sure yet.......waiting for the deckie's shift rota. Down there for 4 days this weekend so will keep a look out for Ausfish members.

cheers

kev

sharkbait
08-06-2004, 12:06 PM
will be down there this w/e from sat to mon in the same spot as the photo was taken (and in the same dodgy tent). hopefully it won't be too packed....

flattymattyb
08-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Hi all,

count me in, don't know if i'll be camping but JW only 20min from home so I should be able to get out there both days 1 definatly and should be able to take a deckie on at least one of the days. Looking forward to putting some faces to the names.

Cheers
Matty

craigie
08-06-2004, 02:31 PM
What a coincidence !!! I'll be parked in Tiger Mullet Channel on our annual Houseboat trip (new moon in June for Pin Bream) from the 18 to 21 st of June. So I'm sure to catch up with you guy's at some stage.
The houseboat is called Rhapsardy (sure to be spelt wrong) from Fantasys Afloat at Sanctuary Cove.

Wow, this will be cool 8) 8) :D

Cheers
Craig.

propdinger
08-06-2004, 02:42 PM
ok everyone on the houseboat to drink all craig's grog ........lol
but make sure he aint there....hehe

cheers
jeff

craigie
08-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Hi Jeff,

Yep, might have to hire security for this trip ;D, I know what Ausfish blokes get up to ::).
Not sure what our grog supply will be like, but by all means come on over and say gidday, BYO for the upstaires beer-garden ;D ;D

Cheers Craig.

ken4159
09-06-2004, 03:31 AM
Computer fixed & back on line again & wow a m&g
Phill, count me in I'll be there, looking foward to meeting everyone

Ken

drevil
09-06-2004, 04:01 AM
Sharkbait, where is that camp site? Looks nice...hope the weather is as good as the day in the photo.

SeaHunt
09-06-2004, 11:11 AM
If you can get Jockey and Kerry to come , I am there. ;D ;D ;D
Nothing like a bit of entertainment , while you're drinking your rumbos. 8) 8)
If you don't know what I am talking about check out the GreenZones post. .

SeaHunt
09-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Here is a titbit to get you interested. # #:D

[quote author=Kerry link=board=General;num=1086338398;start=40#43 date=06/08/04 at 15:03:34
jockey, are you actually sure you know what your talking about and actually recall what you've already said #[smiley=confused.gif]. Your going around in a ever dwindling circle that eventually you'll disappear up your own proverbial.

Your really becoming an arguementative mindless little prick #:-X but then you already know that, don't you #;D

craigie
09-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Geeez :o :o, Just add 'Rum' and it will turn into an AFL game ;D

sharkbait
09-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Drevil, south straddie, just south of the pin bar. Where the treeline come right out to the water. Have used it plenty of times now, yet to find a better one. No amenities though.

kris.

Big_Kev
09-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Good Breambo's to be had off the beach there to Kris.

sharkbait
09-06-2004, 04:27 PM
right where the camp is kev? will have to give it a go...

kris.

bigmacca
09-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Hey guys,I'm new to the site...was wondering what the MnG is and when it's on, details etc. Am I welcome to come? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Daniel

propdinger
09-06-2004, 05:25 PM
daniel

meet and greet is on the 19th and 20th of june and it near jacobs well and yes
you are welcome to come we are a freindly bunch most of the time waiting on more info but im sure lucky_phill will tell us all more when they sort it out

;D ;D ;D ;D
cheers
jeff

bidkev
09-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Drevil, south straddie, just south of the pin bar. Where the treeline come right out to the water. Have used it plenty of times now, yet to find a better one. No amenities though.

kris.

Hi kris.

Do the rangers put in an appearance there? I was told that they're charging for camping anywhere on Straddie now......If that's the case, it would cost me an arm and a leg for 7 of us if I ever camped on Straddie.

cheers

kev

sharkbait
09-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Kev - the ranger puts in an appearance, MOST of the time. a lot of my fishing is done mid week though, and we once went 3 days there without seeing him. (Bugger hope i'm not getting anyone in trouble) On an average weekend though he does 2 rounds of the entire island on the quad, once in the morning, once late arvo. Depending on how old the kids are though, i seriously doubt you would be charged for all of them, especially in off peak periods. The ranger is a pretty reasonable bloke, who normally stops for a chat about the fishing, i reckon kids under about 15 - 16 should camp free. And if they're older, make em pay ;) If you want, I'll put the question to him this weekend. Anyway if you dont fish the surf, there are probably plenty of top spots where you can camp on the other islands for free.

kris.

bidkev
09-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Kev - the ranger puts in an appearance, MOST of the time. a lot of my fishing is done mid week though, and we once went 3 days there without seeing him. (Bugger hope i'm not getting anyone in trouble) On an average weekend though he does 2 rounds of the entire island on the quad, once in the morning, once late arvo. Depending on how old the kids are though, i seriously doubt you would be charged for all of them, especially in off peak periods. The ranger is a pretty reasonable bloke, who normally stops for a chat about the fishing, i reckon kids under about 15 - 16 should camp free. And if they're older, make em pay #;) #If you want, I'll put the question to him this weekend. Anyway if you dont fish the surf, there are probably plenty of top spots where you can camp on the other islands for free.

kris.

Thanks for that kris. I would appreciate knowing about charging for the kids and yes, I *do* like to fish the surf....sorta lose track of that when I'm camping on Crusoe or Gold Bank and that's what got me to thinking about Straddie.

cheers

kev

MTpockets
09-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a goer to me. Will pop in and put some faces to the names for sure.
Looking forward to this.
Will keep checking for more details :)
cheers
Les

Lucky_Phill
10-06-2004, 04:56 PM
The M & G at Jacobs Well. Well, the site for the camps will be at The Jacobs Well Caravan Pk on the Pimpama-Jacobs Well Rd. This is located very, very close to the boat ramp, jetty and VMR.

Some of us will be down there from Sat morning, and we should have the Ausfish Banner flying proudly.

Bait can be bought at the Gem Bait & Tackle just off the M1 on the road in. There is also a pub next door to it. ( not that any of us would indulge ! ).

A couple of sites will be booked and fees are to be paid upon arrival to the office.

There is provision to sleep on your boat if you want to, as we can see the boat’s at anchor from out camp site. The Park manager is a likeable chap, and we don’t want to give him any reason to change his demeanour. !!!

Contact ph numbers are Lucky Phill 0419020697 Park office 55462016

Big-D ( Peter ) will post more info about areas to fish, species expected, bait collection areas and any navigation problems etc.

Further info will be forthcoming soon. Including, what to bring along.

Cheers Phill

propdinger
10-06-2004, 05:12 PM
ty phill

;D
thought you must be working too hard had not seen you too much lately

cheers
jeff

ken4159
10-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Phill, looking forward to it

jeffo
11-06-2004, 02:20 AM
dont think i will camp out.. but will deffinately try to get down for a chat/fish one of the days, depends on the weather ;D

Lucky_Phill
11-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Further update.

There will be a Get Together at 4-30pm at the Ausfish site. This will be to get people together ( obviously ) and to have a feed on the BBQ provided. ( BYO meat etc ), just the BBQ is there.

This will also allow you's who fish the beach to have a feed and quick chat before you P%%%s off.

There should a Fishing Guru ;) on hand to give ya's some pointers for the area.

More detials to follow.

cheers Phill

sharkbait
11-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Is anyone going down friday night? Have to work sat and sunday arvos, might go down for a fish on friday, and catch up with the earlybirds on saturday. Probably have to be gone by midday though :(

kris.

sharkbait
11-06-2004, 01:35 PM
There should a Fishing Guru #;) #on hand to give ya's some pointers for the area.

;D Judging by past MnG's there will probably be at least a dozen gurus there, to tell ya where to go... ;)