PDA

View Full Version : camping, caravan 4WD and fishing show

Jeremy
11-06-2004, 08:29 AM
just popped over today at lunchtime for an hour or so. I mainly wanted to get a new sleeping bag which I did. The camping sections of the show is good, I didn't really look at the caravans, trailers or 4WDs. The fishing section was crap - only two sellers I could find and they were just selling cheap junk. Only $12 entry tho so doesn't hurt to have a look.

Jeremy

DaneCross
11-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Someone was telling me they've got a huge tank full of barra etc with a glass side and a guy stands there demonstrating different lures by catching these fish all day. You sit in the stands watching how the fish react to each lure. Was there such a thing? I thought that'd be great to see :o

Jeremy
11-06-2004, 09:33 AM
I did walk past a big glass tank. Couldn't see any fish in it though. At the time some camp cooking person was carrying on with the usual bs in the vicinity so all the attention was centered on him.

Jeremy

SeaHunt
11-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Hi DC,
I Don't know about the show this year , but I have seen the big tank demo a few times before, they usually have a few species in there Barra , Bream etc., and it is interesting to see the fishs reactions to the different lures , plastics and probably most importantly the different retrieve rates and styles. :)

Anyone know how long it is open for tonight?

Esme
11-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Hi SeaHunt - here is a link to it that I found - looks like it closes at 6pm. Esme
http://www.caravan-rv-shows.com/

MY-TopEnder
11-06-2004, 09:47 AM
That'd be bloody right... when everything else is open late, they close at 4pm.

SeaHunt
11-06-2004, 09:55 AM
No thats 6 pm Toppie,
Still too bloody early for me , have to be the weekend then, when I should be fishing. :P
BTW, thanks Esme. :)

MY-TopEnder
11-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Oops yeah you're right.... bloody eye sight is shot to shit.

oscar
11-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Jeremy, from which camping co. did you buy, was it an expensive one, and was there any saving? If you consider it worthwhile , I'll zip in tomorrow. Thanks oscar.

Big_Kev
11-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Oops yeah you're right.... bloody eye sight is shot to shit.

If thats from to many tubes at that time of the day I need a job like yours.

Jeremy
12-06-2004, 03:14 AM
Oscar,

might have been camp-mart. It was marked that it was discounted from $115 to $69, but I never believe what I am told anyway. All the same, I think it was a good price for a reasonable sleeping bag - find out how good this weekend!

Jeremy

oscar
12-06-2004, 05:32 AM
Jeremy

Tks, will zip in this morning & have a look.

oscar