PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay M&G

bay_firey
07-06-2004, 05:37 AM
How about it ??

Maybe a get together on Sunday 13 June (this coming Sunday).
Leave the wives and kids to play on the beach - back for Lunch with the family, then out again for a couple of hours before coming back in for some fellowship

bay_firey
07-06-2004, 05:41 AM
Tides for the weekend

Urangan High 5.21am 2.78mt
Low 11.28pm .77mt

xxxxhornet
07-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Wont be there but will be the following week for the week.

bay_firey
07-06-2004, 06:47 AM
Had a re-evaluation, the cheese and kisses isn't too keen, so maybe ditch the wives and just get together for a fish and maybe some fellowship after.

I am open to suggestions for meeting place, Maybe meet at river heads and head over to Ungowa.
Or maybe from the harbour and fish around the arty/ woody with maybe lunch on the beach at woody/little woddy ??

Lucky_Phill
07-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Myself and a couple of others may well be up your way, that weekend.

I'll contact you if we are.

The Ungowa trip sounds the go. Deep Creek and surrounds should be cranking.

Cheers Phill

bay_firey
07-06-2004, 01:05 PM
I had you in mind Phill

You had mentioned you may be up this way, so thought why not get a few from up here together nad make a day of it

bay_firey
08-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Ungowa / Deep creek sounds good to me too Phill

Might even head out Saturday PM and spend the night yet

bay_firey
10-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Bump

bay_firey
12-06-2004, 03:27 PM
No takers ??

At least I tried
Might have to head to the pin next week end

Lucky_Phill
13-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Not to worry Mark.

Not too many Ausfishers up your way ?

The Bay is Great Place, as I have been there many times.

The fishing options are endless there.
Due to more important commitments, I am unable to get there this weekend.

But a trip your way in the not to distant future is on. Maybe do some hunting up Rooneys way. But if the Snapper are in, the arti will be the go for an overnighter. Maybe the Ledge as well ?

So, you may well get down to the Jacobs Well M & G then. ??

Cheers Phill

bay_firey
13-06-2004, 03:57 PM
G'day Phill

The chances are pretty low, nearly non existant actually.

As for Ausfishers up this way, I am sure there are at least 1/2 dozen that from time to time have said "yeah we will have to catch up and have a fish or a drink etc"

The notice was pretty short though, so next time I might get organised a bit earlier.
It is also a long weekend lets not forget, and the Caravan and Camping show is on

TonyM
14-06-2004, 07:55 AM
Sorry I didn't teply earlier guys - I'd be in on a m&g however this weekend isn't a good one for me (other commitments) so I didn't respond.

I snuck out on thursday night for a few hours with a mate - we did allright considering we had frozen yabbies for bait ;D Slack I know however we missed the tide (long story)

We fished the dropoff near Little Woody and got 8 decent blackall and a few sand bass (buggalugs here managed to drop a beaut Cod at the side of the boat..) :-/

dasher
14-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey if it's fishing or drinking don't leave me out guys. ;D ;D

P.S. Tony ya bugga, where's my fillet mate ??? ::) :o

TonyM
14-06-2004, 02:37 PM
oops Sorry about the fillets Dasher - they didn't last long! :o

Although... I did use a couple to make up some pretty yummy fishcakes (about 2 kilos worth) ;D so I'll try to remember to drop some around for you ;)

pssst Re the drinking don't go giving any of your whiskey to our visitors - I think they want to be able to remember their visit ;D

bay_firey
14-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Well the M&G went just fine

Polydriver and myself headed to Burrum Heads to escape the wind and it was just a wonderful day

Dave got his first fish in his new poly
And my young fella out fished me again

www.mchap.com/pics/burrum.jpg

TonyM
14-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Good to hear you had a nice day out Mark! Nice spot Burrum Heads, I quite enjoy the occaisional fish up there.

My Dad told me they have been getting some monster flathead at the Boat Ramp! Have been meaning to get up there with a prawnstar!

bay_firey
14-06-2004, 03:56 PM
They were getting good Tailor and bream just off walkers boat ramp on friday, but there was bugger all today