PDA

View Full Version : M&G at Jacob's Well (RollUp)

searaider
21-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Not to steal Phils thunder ,
Here are a couple of photo's from Saturday .
Phil #set up a top camp site , there was a good roll up but due to the wind not many went fishing .
I'm sure he will add to the post and give you the full details of the meet & great at Jacob's Well .

First of 2 photo's

Campsite .

Peter
Searaider2 #

searaider
21-06-2004, 06:59 AM
Some of the guys ,
There were a couple out fishing.

Peter
Searaider2

searaider
21-06-2004, 07:03 AM
Phil always likes adding Sweet Potato's to his barbecue.
( I did have a photo on this post to explain #, but after thinking about it ,I removed it ) [smiley=uhoh.gif]# #
Peter
Searaider 2 #

Zeeke
21-06-2004, 07:58 AM
better then the apron he wore last time.. it was a fake set of tits hehehe

Tim

MY-TopEnder
21-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Yeah top weekend away guys... Phil had the Jacobs Well Hilton set up early and a good crowd wasn't far behind. Bugger me it was cold though.

MICHAELG
21-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Great day/nite thanks Phil :D. really good to put faces to names.
It is amazing how much info/advice/help you can get at these things.
The hilton was a top place to sleep. felt a little off this morning tho, must have been the prawns cooked in Green death :o
Scotty for those couple of beers & good nettin, thanks

Michael

Lucky_Phill
21-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the pics Peter.

Well Rob, if you had brought a jumper along instead of a flanney, it may have not been so cold for ya ;D

In fact people, it was not cold at all. The wind dropped out just after dark and the camp site was very cosey. And to those who pooh poohed my electric bar heater, it certainly helped my tootsies ! As well as the Uggies.

To round up the participants ( and forgive me if I missed ya out, but it was a good roll up and lots of new faces ).

My-Topender
Sam
MichaelG
Scotty
mackmauler
Maria
Michael_Brewer
propdinger
fishfeeder
( sorry, prodinger's crew _? )
Nugget
Sean
Webby
spindles
pinhead
sunrise
Searaider_2
Cloud_9 & daughter
Robster
adamleah
reefmaster
allnighter & crew
CHRIS_aka_GWH & crew
Lucky _ me ( phill )

with Craigie and Sav on the houseboat sitting in Tiger Mullet channel.

I still find it amazing that so many people can get together, who really do not know each other, but have a common thread and can pass on info, tips, stories etc with the frankness of an innocent child. Jeez, fellas, no EGO's here at Ausfish ! Never met so many fishers willing to put their hands up for a fishing trip that yeilded NIL, but in the same breath get very exicted about that 1 good fish. Yes , Jeff ( propdinger ) bloody well done on that Snapper.

To he guys that actually went out and caught a fish, ONYA !

A special thanks to Nugget & Webby for turning up and answering any questions and giving out info etc.

This has beeen by far, the best rollup for a M & G.

So, I have to be frank ( hey fellas ) so here is the list of people that didn't turn up for whatever reason :-

Mr Steve Brown ::)
Big_D
Goanna
bugman
jonno
Touchy ( next one Fred, we'll get that new hip oiled up properly eh ? )

need I go on, you people know who you are. Frank, me ! ?

Leftovers from the night were:-

Webby's chair and camera
Scotty's or Michael's black mug
pinheads Green Ginger Wine ( thank you ;) )

For those who attended, please post your thoughts, and be nice.

For the rest who want to see THAT pic that Peter can't put up, pm him with ya email add, I'm sure he'll send it to ya.

And the last word goes to, The Victory Fishing Club who were participating in the Telegraph Shield competition at the Pin on Saturday night, well done, winners again for the 7th Year in a row. The average catch for these guys was around the 30 plus Bream with a couple getting 60+.

OK< this is the last word.

Anyone want to buy a mini concrete mixer that doubles as a seat, esky and ? doh !

Phill 8)

PinHead
21-06-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks Phil..top effort..had a ball. The Grren Ginger is all yours mate..I have plenty of it here...none for Michael..he drinks a bit too much and blames Mr Stones and a few prawns...sheesh.
Great to put faces to names but be buggered if I will remember too many of them.

Maria
21-06-2004, 10:55 AM
First of all, a big thanks to Phill for the organising side of things - although no fish, was still good to have somewhere to come along to and meet those who attended. Furthermore, a big thanks to everyone who turned up. Although we (Rob, Mick and myself) didn't hang around for long, it was still great to briefly meet those who attended.

Weather was forecast to be shithouse so not much fishing gear was packed. As luck would have it, the weather died in the ass something fierce, but we had no fishing gear to fish with when it did.

The night on South Straddy was great. Little chilly, but nothing to complain about.

Thanks again everyone.

Ben

PinHead
21-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Phil...I don't want the mini cement mixer come everything..I bet I could pick one up at a garage sale for about 5 bucks

MICHAELG
21-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Phil
You can keep my cup until next M&G.
I didnt drink that much really, just a little de-hydrated from fishing for moby dick

Scotty- I found your Origin hat in the boat
Michael

MTpockets
21-06-2004, 11:34 AM
Apoligies too all for not making it. Good old flu hit me at work friday night and thought it best to stay home. Will meet up with all next one.
cheers
Les

Reefmaster
21-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Well firstly i think Phill should be praised for his super effort for the whole event. Cheers Phill. It was good to put some new faces to names and have a chat to fellow fishos.It was a good turn out which made the M&G worth while and all Phills hard work was not put to waste. But i must say out of over 5000 members that only approx 25 can turn up i think is alittle poor you ausfish blokes. Dont think because you dont know anyone that you will feel uncomfortable and leftout because i can tell you its far from that and everyone gets along and enjoys the event. So next time come along and meet some of the Ausfish gang.

Cheers Greg

propdinger
21-06-2004, 12:28 PM
phill
bloody top effort your hilton was great i must say that heater done well
all those we met made us feel welcome and had great stories. Was really good to sit around and drink the night away with such a freindly bunch of guys that braved the cold and was also good to see my tent wasnt cabled tied shut ;D . was my first meet and greet but definatly not my last
once again thank you to all a great day and night
and even managed to score a couple of nice bream this arvo in the bloody cold wind

cheers
jeff

sunrise
21-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Congrat to Phill once again for a superb effort with the latest M.G
You alway come up with the goods bbq bar heater jacob's hilton .. if these anything you need let me know i pick it up at the next garage sale ......
For all who turned up at the G.M thanks for making it a great get together.

When is the next one ..

Was good to see the water police out Patroling the waterways after midnight doing there bit to keep it safe
The Boys that got pulled up out from the jettie got off with a warning for not having a visable runing light go's to show the Water police boys arent not alway out for rev rasin .
Good to see a lot of new faces
chears johno

allniter
21-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Onya Phil !,
I'm sure all those who attended appreciated your efforts, including us.
You're a character and always a smile on your dial. ;D
My first M&G and didn't meet everyone but found those we did ave a chat with - a great mob.
Good to see Chris show up just on dusk { better late than never } and Spindles grabbing his rod and sprinting to jump in the boat after patiently waiting about 4 hours ! ;D ;D ;D ;D
regards darren

adamleah
21-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Forgot to thank Phil last night for the great effort he put in for this MnG...
A tent big enough to fit 40 Swedish Backpackers.. Heating, Lights, Snags, Smoked Oysters/Mussels all round...Top Effort Phil..
It was Much appreciated by all that attended

Was good to meet up with everyone.... still dont really know what name some of you guys use on here though ???...

But I am sure I will catch up with you all next time...

P.S. - Sorry to those who wanted to meet/ogle at the missus ...I will bring her next Time... ;D ;D

grinnercatcher
21-06-2004, 01:07 PM
yeah top effort phill .. hilton was surperb, looking forward to the next M&G , ;D ;D ;D

mackmauler
21-06-2004, 01:47 PM
We made it down just in time for the 3pm bbq, Phill dressed for success :-/ very nice anyway lol, top camp, plenty of faces and a few new ones, and jacobs well looking good with no biting insects :o what a change ;D we planned to have a few more boats out on the water, always next time, a good wk end and thanks to those who turned up it was good to meet you, and especially Phill putting it all together, we were there as it came down, enough to gear to fill a ute and a boat :o did any swedish backpackers turn up ;D

Rob

ba229
21-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Just reading this post i said to the missus that i would love to attend a M and G one day. Only about 1000km to travel?

Oh well. I'm sure it will happen one day though so look out ;D

Billo
21-06-2004, 01:58 PM
spewing i didn't get there :( ....drank too much and stayed at Noosa saturday night ...( DAMN YOU BUNDY ;D )

Good to hear you fellas had a blast .,.i'll be at the next meet with bells on

snappa
21-06-2004, 02:15 PM
ausfishers

i will try and get over my shyness and come along to the next

webby
21-06-2004, 02:40 PM
I just hope there's no dirty picture on my camera ;D
Should ave stayed for bed and brekkie and a few cuddles :-X by the sounds :-X
Once again "Mr Organized" had everything, but the barmaids on hand, but then again after seeing some of you mob, they would have bolted. ;D
But great to meet some of the new faces, and some of the very old ones :-X
Phil and i did a quick trip in the shanky hoe (bloody tinnies and the spray) down to tiger mullet to have a rumbo with cragie and sav, and see there seconded houseboat high and dry. ;D
Get used to them Greg, there's usually a lot of talk and no action :-X
So much wanted to meet your missus Adam :P
Drop round and see you this week Phill and confiscated my gear back off you, otherwise it'll end up at fraser ;D
regards

Burley_Boy
21-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Sounds like you had fun, If I hear about it in time I'd love to turn up next time. If I get the missus to carry the tent and she'll qualify for a Swedish backpacker. Hell, so will all the kids if I put them to work as they've got dual citizenship....
So when's the next one?

yuankia
21-06-2004, 09:32 PM
dang... >:( if only it wasn't the holiday periods. looking forward to turning up at the next one already

patrick

spindles
22-06-2004, 02:33 AM
Good to put faces to names but i'll have to go to the next M&G to be able to remember them but I had a great time. I had tailor for breakfast and lunch sunday now i am ready to go again. much thanks to chris to taking me out, i thoroughly enjoyed it but you cannot always predict the wind. Still... looking to the next M&G.
spindles.

bugman
22-06-2004, 04:46 AM
Well I couldn't make it for obvious reason but I was thinking of you at 3:30am Phil hence the text message. ;)

If you had a decent phone I could have sent you the photo of the young dancing lady I'd just snapped - she would have been very cold down the pin if you know what I mean ;D

Didn't end up doing the Bucks boat run because of too many people but needless to say it ended in fine style with me waking up in the front seat of a car at Paddington at around 7:00am :-X

All good harmless fun probably on a par with the M&G.

Bugman

bidkev
22-06-2004, 04:53 AM
You guys don't know what a good time is!

I got to spend Saturday showing the visitors around the show houses at North Lakes......whoppeybloodydoo!.......and Sunday was spent freezing me balls off at (now obligatory for visitors) South Bank.

Now ain't you all jealous?

Hope to meet up with yoozall some day.

cheers

kev

homebound
22-06-2004, 05:18 AM
Good to meet you guys (tried to remember names but only managed to hang on to 4 - b****y alzheimers!).
Special thanks to Rob - My Top Ender - for taking me along for my first night expedition. No keepable fish but great stars and company so no complaints.
Regards to all - see ya next M&G.

Rob

MY-TopEnder
22-06-2004, 08:56 AM
No worries Rob... sorry we couldn't put ya onto something bigger than a 22.5cm bream but ah well... theres always next time.

Maria
22-06-2004, 09:24 AM
You guys don't know what a good time is!

I got to spend Saturday showing the visitors around the show houses at North Lakes......whoppeybloodydoo!.......and Sunday was spent freezing me balls off at (now obligatory for visitors) South Bank.

Now ain't you all jealous?

Hope to meet up with yoozall some day.

cheers

kev

Ohhhhh be still my beating, throbbing heart. Someone hold me back...please!

Ben

CHRIS_aka_GWH
22-06-2004, 10:57 AM
impressive structure ya made phil -wish I had more time to spend there

sorry 'bout the brief intros was chasing the sun & a skipping spindles it turned out as well #;D

... much thanks to chris to taking me out, i thoroughly enjoyed it ...

thanks for the company spindles - shame ya broke the golden rule - outfishing the skipper. #;)

we ended up not being able to fix the top runner on craigs rod that was causing him all those hassles - not cause we couldn't do it - we couldn't find it !!!!! The top half of his rod flew out of the back of his ute on the motorway #:-/

we ended up with 9 tailor & 2 bream from the surf. All tailor around the kilo mark biggest went 1.3kg. Scott caught a horse sea bream at 1.2kg+. The other bream was 890g.

The tailor were in & out of the gutter but not holding. As with fish doing that they were hitting the baits running at the beach & I was having a prick of a time with the new stick setting a hook - then ripped the hooks clean out of a couple with its extra grunt. I must get out more often - practice makes perfect ::) ;)

Till next time.

seeyainthesurf,

chris

jeffo
22-06-2004, 01:35 PM
sorry i didnt make it guys... i was out fishin ;D
i say we organise a nice big bbq/beers/what ever other poison you may drink arvo sometime soon.

bazzaman
22-06-2004, 01:41 PM
yeah i might b able to make it too also!! ::) :o :o

CHRIS_aka_GWH
22-06-2004, 02:13 PM
i'd be keen for straddie classic bbq & tasting of the sponsor's drop sat Aug 7. [smiley=gorgeous.gif][smiley=gossip.gif] [smiley=drunk.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

If anyone's willing to set it up I can provide some help on the island as I'll be over early this year doing some scouting - number 8 friggin 5 friggin 6 ain't ever gonna come out of that barrel - I think I'll have to win a prize if I'm going to get one - like happens in a fishing comp y'know ???

chris