PDA

View Full Version : some fishing advice please

reefraider_II
22-06-2004, 02:05 PM
hey fellas ,looking at some advice .I have been fishing the bay southern end for a few years never detered by the 6 or so whiting ,bream or flathead that we mainly seem to hit. But i have also liked to bring home some reef fish,and hoping to do so without going outside.I have the last 3 or 4 months tried a few new spots that i keep targetting with no luck so what does one do?.... target them again and again for what reason...who knows.I have tried studying the chart for any areas that may pull diffrent species but with no luck.I have a fair idea chasing palagics when they enter the bay but have no luck finding reef fish in the bay . Are there hidden reefs in the bay? or structures that i can search for. I have tried harrys but no luck.There was also a boat that capsized close to green Is has this boat been recovered?? Or am i just better off trying to create my own F.A.D any info or guideance will be much appreciated .I dont want to know any ones spots just to improve my knowledge on how reef fish behave in the bay. thanks marty

searaider
22-06-2004, 03:26 PM
reefraider II ,
First up top name for a boat , as you may realise my previous boat was a Quintrex 5.75 Searaider cuddy cab . Tried to rack my brain for a name for my new boat . I couldn't think of anything that I liked so Searaider 2 was born .[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Back to your original question ,
Some of the guys on the site catch heaps of reef fish in the bay . I'm usually using up fuel heading outside .
I suggest that you do a search on the site for some previous posts .for Snapper at Mud Island , or Sweetlip at Wellington point .
Webby , is the guru for catching reefies in the Bay , it may pay to also check out some of his previous trip reports .
I'm sure some of the Bay fisho's will post you some starting points

Peter
Searaider 2