PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Darwin...?

mawashi
17-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi guys,

I'm kidda new here so here's a a G'day to all you folks.

Anyhow, I'll be popping to Darwin sometime around the last 2 weeks of August and was hoping to try my hand at fishing along the coast and maybe even renting a boat to go barra fishing.

Anything to recommend?

Thanks

stacer_seagull
17-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Hey Mawashi,
Theres a couple of boat hire joints up here,one i would recomend is gecko baot hire,there number is ( 08 ) 8981 2733, you might want to ring and organise,or see how the availability is around that time.... you could head out to a couple of billabongs that are close to darwin, corroboree is onnly 1 hour away,and if the weather starts warming up around then, the barra should be on, evan if you catch nothing out there it is a spot not to be missed.... if you require any more info just let me know
Cheers Brad

mawashi
17-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi Brad,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my query and I'll most likely be some abouts Darwin during the last 2 weeks of Aug.

Also I'll be bringing along my gf so I guess that the fishing going to be something more laid back instead of my regular kidda fishing. #

Anyhow, I'll give em guys a holla and see what works out. #If not then what you have told me sounds like the perfect idea for a day of Barra fishing.

Who knows if things work out, I'll might be able to meet up with you Brad.

Btw any recommendations for lure fishing tackle?

Thanks

PS. Are there any chance of doing some popping for GTs or any other sport fish along the coast or if not what can I expect to get along the coast?

budgie
18-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Hi Mawashi,
It will still be a bit cool at night, billabongs slow, but good offshore(depending on wind). Have a look at http://www.fishingtheterritory.com/home/ and talk to the locals!
Cheers Budgie

stacer_seagull
19-06-2004, 04:52 AM
Mawashi,
If you want, you can get my number and me and my missses can take you out, hopefully by then the weather is warming up. As for takle, if we fish the billabong then i would suggest the reideys little lucifers and b52's and the old trusty nilsmaster speardhead. as for offshore, i have a few good waypoints very close to darwin where we usually do okay.....
anyway let me know what you think...

where_is_dave
19-06-2004, 05:02 AM
Mawashi,
# # # hopefully by then the weather is warming up. #..

Yeah I feel for you guys that cold snap of 29 you guys must have the ugg boots and ski jackets out...LOL

stacer_seagull
19-06-2004, 05:52 AM
yeah, we got down to 17 last night, everyone is complaining it is to cold, gotta say i dont mind, beats sweating your guts out for 7 months of the year, gotta enjoy it while it lasts......

mawashi
22-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Hi Nomad_Seagull and guys,

Sorry for the late reply but I've been a bit nackered from work recently.

Anyway thanks so much for those replies and info.

Expecially to you Nomad_Seagull for that offer of taking me and my gf out for a trip.

I am in the mids of finalizing the trip details and although the initial plan was to go to darwin, I my gf has told me of some problems with her getting the length of leave necessary to go to Darwin and then the Ares rock so we are working out some kinks on it.

My second option would be to spend just 10 days in Aus and Cains was a recommendation instead of Darwin.

Anyhow, Nomad_Seagull I'll be sending you a pte mail regarding your offer.

Thank so much guys for all your replies.

Take care

Mawashi

stacer_seagull
23-06-2004, 06:45 AM
Yeah mawashi, just let me know whats happening.... so where are you coming from?????