PDA

View Full Version : Maroon Stranded In A Sea Of Blue

beatle
18-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Ever since State Of Origin started years ago I've always supported the Maroons. I have always lived in N.S.W. and have no real ties with Q.L.D. although I live in Tweed Heads. I've copped abuse and crap for years for supporting Q.L.D. aLL the years of support finally paid of yesterday when I won an official Tooheys State Of Origen jacket and of course out of a choice of a Blues jacket or Maroon I chose the Maroon and I wear it proudly around the club where 99% of the members are Blues supporters- [smiley=beatnik.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]

dasher
18-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Way to go mate. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

ANYFISH
18-06-2004, 04:06 PM
good on ya mate
i,m a quenslander through and through and live in toowoomba in QLD but i go for NSW just to annoy all the blokes at work. it would be bloody boaring if we all went for the maroons.
the way i look at it is i win both ways. if the blues win i get to pull the piss out of the boys at work [smiley=argue.gif]and if queensland wins i am happy caus my home state wins [smiley=laola.gif]

cheers anyfish

Sean
18-06-2004, 04:21 PM
I think that is the reason QLD wins even with half as good a team on paper, our pride our passion, a Queensland supporter would never say 'Oh, I've moved to NSW so I'm now a blues supporter' I live in NSW now but will NEVER in my life be anything but a QUEENSLANDER!!! Often Blues supporters are ' oh yeah I guess I follow the blues'

Lucky_Phill
19-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Big Kahunas....beatle !

The trouble with the NSW supporters and players, is

THEY JUST DON'T GET IT !

Cheers Phill

craigie
23-06-2004, 01:47 PM
I know what your saying Phill !!

Qld got there ass kicked for all those years (many decades leading up to the current format) by NSW teams that consisted of all the better QLD players that made the grade in the NSW competition. E.G., I remember a very young John Ribot (correct me if I'm wrong but originally a Brisbane Wests player ?) playing for NSW and scoring all the points in there win back in the seventies.

It's those memories on inequality that fuels the fire and passion in, whooo whoooo, I'm starting to do a Chris "Choppy" Close before the big game !! ::) ;D

Why should NSW be getting all worked up, they were a bunch of cheats for way too long prior to Origin football :-X 8)

Cheers
Craigie.