PDA

View Full Version : Boat Ramps and beach launches at Straddie!

hicksy
23-06-2004, 04:49 PM
I am heading to North STRADBROKE Island for the first time to enter the straddie classic in August. I will have the use of a four wheel drive and was wondering if other Ausfish members could give me an idea on boat ramps and beaches where I could launch my 19ft aluminium half cabin.
Any help would be great.
Hicksy

marks2602
23-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey Hicksy
going to the classic for the first time to however been to straddie for years, know of some good spots to launch. got any spare room for another fisho here or there over the week!
marks2602

CHRIS_aka_GWH
24-06-2004, 08:56 AM
there is usually a protected gutter on home beach they launch out of - a local guy runs a tractor service for about $5/$10 a drop for those who need it. Its definitely the easiest way to access the offshore grounds & saves a lot of fuel.

There are 2 high water & 2 any tide ramps at Amity, your boat is getting a touch large for the high water ramps but a 2m tide it would be fine - #the queues at amity get extreme once the sun is kissing the horizon but generally the organisors post some volunteers to help. There is a good ramp near the little ships club at One Mile (Dunwich) perhaps the most protected on the island. You can also launch around the barge area at dunwich as long as you can't see a barge.

Some of the best entertainment imaginable occurs in the first day or two with the initial launches at amity #;D ;D ;D. We creatures of the night usually pull up a chair & a beer for the giggle.

sharkbait
24-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Sounds like we should have a ausfish beer and barbie at some stage of the classic like you mentioned chris, Rob and myself will be staying 200m from home beach and fishing offshore if the weather allows, beach if it doesnt.

Kris.