PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Magazines

Fordo
24-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Just for something different, What is everyone's favourite read?

Zeeke
24-06-2004, 01:01 PM
I also read Flylife Magazine along with QFM and Bush n Beach

blaze
24-06-2004, 01:23 PM
fishing world, fish and 4 x4, alright, i confess i buy upto 10 different ones a month, I do like to sit and browse print, dont through em out though, when they are well read they go to the shed for further browsing, there is always an acticle in them that catches my eye
cheers
blaze

Reefmaster
24-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Well i might be alittle bias but i reckon there is only one real Mag and that is BushnBeach. ;) ;D
Cheers Greg

PinHead
24-06-2004, 01:51 PM
I don't read any.

jeffo
24-06-2004, 02:42 PM
where is "BLUEWATER"? best magazine by a long shot.

nictim
24-06-2004, 03:03 PM
F&B for me

sharkbait
24-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Bush n Beach - because it has the most relevant articles to the type of fishing I do...The glossy ones seem to regurgitate the same stuff each year and QFM has gone too 'plasticky' and 'Nth Qldy' for my liking. Still buy it though... ???

kris.

flytime
24-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi All,
Same as tim, FLYLIFE is a favourite for me.
Steve :)

NeilD
24-06-2004, 03:32 PM
I have bought every copy of Fishing World (Australian Angler) since 1974. I think I buy it out of habit now and almost always regret it later. The mag is not the same as when Calcutt, McCrystal and Harrison were at the cutting edge of sportsfishing. I now get more enjoyment out of B&B and QFM for their local content.

Cheers Neil

basserman
24-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Barra and Bass+Bream
NSW fishing mounthly
and
Fishing and Boating (F&B)

propdinger
24-06-2004, 03:34 PM
i read bush and beach and qld fishing monthly both on subscription and love both for a good read

cheers
jeff

nonibbles
24-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Saltwater Sportfishing, the occasional Flylife (usually the seasons surrounding any trip to Tassie when I'd also get Tasmanian Fishing News which is always very informative), Fishing World and Sunfish NQ (if ever available), along with NQ F&B, Saltwater fishing Australia, and QFM.
Every now and then I have to cull a few to make space for more but rarely throw any out unless under threat.

nonibbles
24-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Saltwater Sportfishing, the occasional Flylife (usually the seasons surrounding any trip to Tassie when I'd also get Tasmanian Fishing News which is always very informative), Fishing World and Sunfish NQ (if ever available), along with NQ F&B, Saltwater fishing Australia, and QFM.
Every now and then I have to cull a few to make space for more but rarely throw any out unless under threat.

Captian_Zero
24-06-2004, 03:48 PM
BNB for me - good local content, however the editing can be a bit hit and miss at times. It looks to me that they have chosen good anglers as opposed to the best writers, which is not a bad thing.

Big_Kev
24-06-2004, 04:19 PM
I gotta read the Womans Weekly to keep up with the gosip.
At least that is my attempt at understanding what my wife is on about sometimes.
Otherwise it is the BNB for sure always a good article in there worth a read. And to read Webby is the way to get some good tips on fishing the bay.
Cheers Kev. :o

philip_thomson
24-06-2004, 04:26 PM
i am subscribed to salwater fishing and absolutely love it. alot of the articles are reef fish or offshore which i live for. and alot of articles are in the SE Queensland area which is were i fish mostly so it is really relavent to me. i also buy F&B occasionally if there is a boat that i really like in there and want to read more about it. fishing world has some good articles sometimes and i loved the reel that came with the subscribtion ;D 1 of my better reels. normally i head into the newsagent and look at the mags if there is one that interests me i try and convince mum to buy it for me other wise it is into the car fund.
cheers philip

mono
24-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Come on, doesn't anybody read PENTHOUSE anymore. I swear it does have something very fishy about it! At Least thats what Nugget keeps telling me!!

raefpud
24-06-2004, 09:21 PM
I am surprised that i am the first to mention Modern Fishing - best value all round magazine in my opinion, i have been reading and buying it for almost 18 years now, and i have managed to get my hands on their first issue aswell from back in the sixties - man how fishing has changed since then.

I also like Saltwater fishing, even though its only quarterly, and i'll also buy QFM if i'm stuck in an airport

Actually that reminds me, I remember an article in an old penthouse that did a review on fishing and fishing tackle - and oh yeah, u gotta love the Front Covers of the NAFA magazine, its always got hot chicks and...............erm.........ah yeah fishing tackle on it.

nonibbles
25-06-2004, 05:40 AM
Oh yeh, I read modern fishing too. So similar in appearance to fishing world that it gets mixed in my collection. At least SWF and SS have easily recognisable spines - they tend to get read several more times than the others

reefraider_II
25-06-2004, 06:10 AM
i like to read bush and beach cos it relates more to my type of fishing and it covers my local areas.

Derek Bullock
25-06-2004, 07:10 AM
As a writer for Bush 'N Beach Fishing I reckon you cant go past it.

Derek ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Derek Bullock
25-06-2004, 07:15 AM
The mag is not the same as when Calcutt, McCrystal and Harrison were at the cutting edge of sportsfishing.

Now those guys know how to fish and how to tell it.

Derek

moondancer
25-06-2004, 07:59 AM
QFM & Bush & Beach - I appreciate the local content, and don't care so much for the commercials in some of the other publications!

BladeRunner
25-06-2004, 08:01 AM
My magazines are queensland fishing & Bush'n Beach Fishing but the 56 pages in BnBF
and content would be the most favoured as to the 104 pages In QFM not all the stuff in it covers the type of fishing I do and the areas I would like to fish like D I P . [smiley=bandana.gif]

Cloud_9
25-06-2004, 01:50 PM
QFM is mine but also like Bush & Beach.
I should subscribe to it as well.
Cloud 9

dasher
25-06-2004, 02:29 PM
B'n'B definately. ;D Just local content, it's bloody great. ;D ;D