PDA

View Full Version : Houseboats

macca
29-06-2004, 06:20 PM
House boats

Which River system is the best in SE Qld?

Which Company is best ?

How many days is the ideal length of time to spend on a house boat?

Just looking for your thoughts and experiences

Macca

Mudcrab
29-06-2004, 06:24 PM
The South end of Moreton Bay and the Broadwater are excellent for variety, getting out of the weather and fishing.
Try any of the hirers in the Sanctuary Cove Marine for boats.
Bloody expensive and can cost up to $300-500 a day....... depending on the size you want.
Noosa River on North Coast also has some good areas.....also expensive
Maximum time I reckon is a week..... should be able to do a deral for under $2000 maybe...

clutter
29-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Spent a week on a house boat up at Hinchenbrook, was excellent but over too soon (like most holidays). Can't remember the name of the people who own the boats but they advertise in most fishing mags. They just bought another boat too I hear.

Cheers, Clutter

kc
29-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Here's the best fishing tip you are ever going to get!! Spend the extra and fly to Weipa. Book the Tllimay from Steve and Lisa from Weipa Houseboats( PM me if you can't find 'em).
The boat is fantastic and a purpose built floating fishing shack rather than a converted honeymoon boat, the tender(s) are fully fledged fishing tenders (60hp motors, sounders, live bait tanks, rocket launchers etc) and the fishing itself is mindblowing. Hire Dave Donald for a day to show you around or use Steves guide. THis will be the best fishing holiday you ever have....promise. How long is enough?? The rest of your life!! I took a group up on charter in March, I am back for 2 weeks in September, 1 in October and 2 more in November, plus the entire month of May next year. The whole area is rec only,the houseboat is fantastic and the service is outstanding.

Enjoy!!

KC

Wesley_Pang
30-06-2004, 04:47 AM
KC,

How far out can you take the houseboat? Down to south to Pera heads(sp)?

Do the tender have electrics for snag bashing?? How many does the houseboat sleep?

Is this it?
http://www.weipahouseboats.com.au/section/2.html

Weipa is fantastic fishing, leaves the most of the east coast for dead!!!

Wes

kc
30-06-2004, 05:12 AM
Pera to Duyfkin...tenders have sounders, live bait tanks, kill wells and big eskies...all 4 strokes. Tillimay sleeps 10 max but I have to say I don't take up groups bigger then 6. Plenty of room and comfort. Cruises at about 7 knots. Has excellent GSP/chart plotter on bridge with plenty of hotspots already marked in.

PM me and I'll send you some pics of my last group & the boats.

KC

SeaHunt
30-06-2004, 05:35 AM
Hi Macca,
How long and where probably depends on whether you have the missus and dirt magnets along. I am sure they would be happy to sit and watch you fish for a week,..... not. Tin Can bay is pretty good for fishing and exploring, same down the bottom end of Moreton Bay.
If you have to keep the kids and missus entertained , I would probably go to the Noosa River. You can park the house boat and go in the tender to the shops, restuarants etc. at Noosaville or the Tewantin RSL or pub, or back to the car and drive somewhere. Also plenty of exploring and fishing to do up the river and through the lakes. If staying for a while try to get one with full size shower and toilet and beds and of course aTV/Video. # ::)