PDA

View Full Version : Bait supplies

logans_hero
30-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi
Used to get some pretty decent white pillies from Captain Blighs. The ones I bought last week were ordinary to say the least. Just wondering where the pick of the bait shops is on the southside of Brisse.

moondancer
30-06-2004, 04:20 PM
2 places I have foudn good quality bait - FishHead (tackle shop in redland Bay) - used to be called scott's bait & tackle. This place has been bouht by Duncan - he's doing some great work with the shop, starting to get into running seminars, has good gear and fresh & frozen bait at reasonable prices. He also knows what he's on about....Should have bouoght the business myself when it was on the market - potential little goldmine with the right approach.

Also, I often get some fresh stuff from the seafood shop next to Leisure Marine in Capalaba - usually get extra fresh squid, and various whole fish - mullet, etc. at great prices. They also have frozen, though not always of quality. ]
Pesonally, I stick with fresh when I can, or catch it myself.

snapperhead
30-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Haven't live in brissy for good 12 months but I used to use a little shop in beenliegh next to the Mobile servo before the railway overpass small family shop with fresh stuff straight from the logan river and frozen stuff to or the gem on jacobs well road.