PDA

View Full Version : HERVEY BAY ACCOMODATION

SNELLY
29-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Looking at a trip to the Bay in December ( first couple of weeks of the school holidays ). Just wondering if anyone had any web sites to check out where to stay. I thought of camping which would be OK. Is there still the two council C/van parks at Scarness and Torquay ?

But thought I would also look at a unit/Flat if there was something reasonably priced - does not need to be flash just clean and comfortable.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks SNELLY

Wesley_Pang
29-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Jon,

I just stay at the Harbourview Caravan Park (07) 4128 9374. Pretty basic and can be a bit noisy.

But it has a great location. Right beside the Urangan Boat Ramp and across the road from the Hervey Bay Boat Club for a meal and couple of beers.

Have a look at the RACQ accomodation guide for a full listing.

Let me know when you are up there and maybe we can chase some Golden Trevally. Not long till summer now.

Wes

SNELLY
29-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Wes,

Thanks for that

Will have to make sure we hook up

Cheers Snelly

Derek Bullock
29-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Snelly

Check out this website. It has a mine of info on the Bay.

http://www.fishntales.com/index.htm

Hervey Bay is still a favourite spot of mine.

Cheers.

Derek

Dirty_Mole
29-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Yeah #the scarness and torquay are still there that i know of cause Top Ender and i were there last christmas. Though if your gonna camp at scarness be careful because top enders 12 foot surf rod got stolen.

bigbrian47
29-06-2004, 03:15 PM
have a look at the boat harbour resort across the road to the beach at urangan
walk to the boat club @ ramp about 4-500 mtrs
plenty of pretty secure boat parking pool barby etc
if you get a chance have a look first
cheers brian

SNELLY
30-06-2004, 06:48 AM
Thanks again everyone -

Good point Dirty Mole re the camp ground - Had not thought of that. The bay would be a different place form 20 odd years ago when I grew up there. Plus I'm used to the pretty lay back camp grounds up here which are pretty safe.

Derek - Good site that one thanks

Brian - thanks That sounds Ok as well - close to the ramp - very important

Snelly

bj
30-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Snelly, just spent a week at Boonooroo Caravan Park and enjoyed it a lot. Its a bit south of Hervey Bay but good access to the straights.The boat ramp is at Tuan about 4k away,although there is a ramp at the park but very much a half tide affair.The park is very quiet plenty of green grass and a water front site has a good view over the water.While I was there there were plenty of winter whiting caught as well as good summer whiting[believe it or not] flathead and even a spotted mackerel.I did a trip in a 4.75 runabout tinny to Kingfisher Resort and trailered my tinny to Hervey Bay and fished around Big Woody and Little Woody Is.There are fire places to light a fire so take plenty of wood although you can find it on the side of the road. Check it out if you like peace and quiet. No sand flies and no mossies while I was there,although they can be a problem at times I was told.

MY-TopEnder
30-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Well Sam (Dirty Mole) beat me to it but yeah Scarness and Torquey are still there. Personal prefference would be Scarness just because of its closeness to shopping centres for supplies. But yeah one thing that i have heard is its not the most secure place at times... don't let that put you off though.

If you want a hotel room though, there is a little place along the esplanade just up from where it bends round to head to Urangan.. i'll try and find the name but it was cheap but really good rooms.

SNELLY
30-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks again everyone

Top ender - That sounds like what I'm looking for so if you can point me in that direction it would be appreciated

Snelly

flytime
01-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi Jon,
There's a place along Boat Harbour drive called boat harbour resort. We all stay there for the fly comp when it comes around. It's very clean and has good parking for boats on there front lawn, pools and it's close to the boat ramp and facilities( 200m). P.m if you cannot find it.
Steve :)