PDA

View Full Version : Raby Bay

Wello_Pete
01-07-2004, 05:06 AM
The Redlands Shire Council 2004/2005 budget has allocated a record $58.5m for capital works. Included in this is $631,000 for marine works, including the dredging of the access channel to Raby Bay boat ramp and the planning for upgrading the Toondah Harbour passenger terminal. A reasonable start, but 1.07% of the capital works budget seems very light on

Cheers

oscar
01-07-2004, 01:20 PM
I hope the 1.07% includes a half a dozen trucks of sand either side of the ramp. My feet and boat don't handle the 6" rocks, there at present. Or perhaps a couple of pontoons like at Vicky Point.
oscar

PS: Are any of the councillers, members of Ausfish?

dnej
01-07-2004, 04:15 PM
My brother did his prop in, even when he was well inside the beacons, coming into the ramp. He has spoken to others who have done the same.
About time
David

propdinger
01-07-2004, 04:20 PM
it is suppose to be done very soon too so i have heard so lets hope so

jeff

skippa
01-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Jeff,

Don't hold ur breath, RSC doesn't complete much of anything on time, good example is the new ferry terminal at Reddie bay, still waiting......

Oscar,

Councillors members of Ausfish, I don't think so, if they are their very quiet. I don't think any councillors are 'fisherpersons' or boaties, take a look at the new boat ramp at Toondah habour, what a joke.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

Mudcrab
01-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Took us 2 1/2 years for ours but everything goes to those who wait...............

jaybee
01-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Wello_Pete
The Redlands Shire Council 2004/2005 budget has allocated a record $58.5m for capital worksisnt it amazing when it comes to keeping a piece of heritage, (cleveland jetty) the shire could not come to terms with raby bay development to keep it. A piece of history gone for the sake of canal development. I can remember taking my children there and catching bream and squid. So what do you do today with your children? where do your morals lay? Here we are after a peice of history that would cost 2 % less to keep going? now they are talking $58 mil for capitol works, there is something wrong here.
cheers
Joe.

GES
02-07-2004, 07:32 AM
While they're upgrading the Toondah Harbour Passenger terminal, they might think about taking some of the mud from in front of the new Toondah Harbour boat ramp.
You can't use it at low tide.
What a waste of money it was to build the ramp and then no one can access it.

GES

blaze
02-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Do you guys up there get any thing with ya boat licence renewals that allows you to nomminate a project, we get the oppurtunity through MAST in tassie to nominate projects that we see as most urgent, i am faily happy with what i see done
cheers
blaze

aido
02-07-2004, 12:55 PM
i don't know why some of the gambling tax can't be allocated
to a video surveillance system at the raby bay ramp.
pesky ramp rats are still about, though the other night at about
2am i did notice a private security (chubb??) car do a run around
the parking lot, acting on his own behalf maybe?.