PDA

View Full Version : Fishing club software - your ideas needed.

Nugget
27-06-2004, 04:04 AM
There is a need for a software package that caters for Australian fishing clubs.
There are a few in the US but they don’t relate to our club and competition scene.

There are basically three types of clubs in Qld:
Those that fish under SQAFCA (or a variation of) rules.
Those that fish under ANSA (or a variation of) rules.
And those that make up their own rules.

This makes it a little difficult for a software package to be everything to all.
A discussion on this subject between myself and Tony (TonyM), author of FishingBuddy, has reached the planning stage – hence the reason for this post.

My idea was to have it job based – IE: the front page has icons for
Weigh Master
Club recorder
Secretary
Treasurer
Etc etc.

The reason for this post
We need input from those that have been involved in fishing clubs as to what is needed, as well as a wish list of things that you would like included.
Some ideas that come to mind are:

Membership list - that includes birthday, membership fees due, type of membership (family, individual etc)
Fish records - accumulated annual points, handicap, club species record etc
Account record – simple income, expenditure, balance
Property list – items the club owns and lends out, date purchased, donations? For gear lent out. Etc etc
Special Event category with a ‘to do’ list, etc
Raffle Roster – a record of those rostered on and a record of income from raffles or fund raising events to see which is the most profitable etc

Obviously there would be some items clubs would not use – for example if they have no property or don’t do raffles.
My idea is to have it to some extent configurable to suit your clubs needs – maybe modules that are or are not installed.
Perhaps two record keeping formats – one for ANSA style point system and one for the typical 10 points per kilo and one point per fish of the SQAFCA type clubs.

What would you like in club software – divided into two categories?

Essential items

Wish list

Post your thoughts here.
Dave ><>

Barrymundi
27-06-2004, 04:09 AM
Some clubs record Champion Boat.

Email me at adeaner@dodo.com.au and I can send you an access database an ANSA member sent me a while back, I did not use it , but it may be handy for some ideas.

Alan

PinHead
27-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Just some ideas dave.

Register of trips completed..location etc
Annual calendar with proposed trips.

whitey73
28-06-2004, 08:31 AM
We have been using a length to weight formula in our club this year and it would be good to have a converter in the software.
All the other stuff you have in there looks good to me . Thanks Whitey

Nugget
29-06-2004, 02:32 AM
What is your formula?

Dave ><>

TonyM
03-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Are there any more Club Fisho's out there? There doesn't seem to be much feedback coming in on this.

Without your feedback this won't be anywhere near as robust - and let's not forget, it will be available to clubs FREE. ;)

Maxg
03-07-2004, 09:01 PM
I have access to a web portal, designed for fishing clubs whatever. But at present it is off the net due to inactivity. It can be accessed by up to a dozen clubs, each club has its own password and you can set it up how you like. It seems that portals are not things anglers want to support, so it lapsed. But its still available if anyone wants to get it up and running. Cherers Max

TonyM
04-07-2004, 04:51 AM
Hi Max,

Sounds like it's worth a look. Could you please email me the details tony@idealists.com

I guess the downside of using a portal is that you need to be online - I imagine that most clubs would find it easier to have an application that can be run on a PC and updated at meetings/events etc live.