PDA

View Full Version : south coast locations???

follyfellow
03-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi all

Just joined the group, and it looks like a great site. I'm planning to do a few days fishing down the south coast next month, just travelling and camping in the van with me old dog. was hoping someone may have some info on any good land based fishing spots. Being on a disability pension (crook ticker and lungs) I would like to fish somewhere that has reasonably easy access. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have done a lot of bottom bashing in the past and hopefully will get out again one day.

kindest regards

Jeff Lane (follyfellow) :-/

jaybee
03-07-2004, 02:20 PM
welcome jeff. when you say south coast, which part of the sth coast you talking about.
cheers
Joe

follyfellow
03-07-2004, 02:39 PM
thanks for the reply mate, I meant to say in the post anywhere from Woolongong down to say Tathra. Hope that is some help!!

cheers

follyfellow

jaybee
03-07-2004, 04:30 PM
would be if i lived down that way jeff, (brisbane)however i am sure someone from down that way will answer you. might be best to do a thread asking for help in the Woolongong to Tathra area. hope this helps
cheers
joe

col_aus
03-07-2004, 07:59 PM
folly the best advice i could give yah at the moment mate is lake illawarra.nice and easy to get to and there has been a few fish in there .mainly blackfish so you will need some weed or if you can get your hans on some squirt worms even better. this time of the year as you drive down most of the rivers and lakes are going ok so have a look around mate. minamurra river and the shellhaven are going ok to i here

good luck
col

follyfellow
04-07-2004, 08:24 AM
thanks guys for the advise, will certainly those spots the once over. Who knows, I may even get down as far as tathra, do a bit off the wharf down there.

happy fishing!!

follyfellow