PDA

View Full Version : New deckie - what do you think?

bugman
06-07-2004, 11:06 AM
With the new boat came new requests for boating trips.

Went out a purchased a few "kiddies" lifejackets for all the family and friends who have bubs.

Check this one out - my lovely little niece modelling one version and all ready to go.

Bugman

MTpockets
06-07-2004, 11:24 AM
ahhhh bubbabug.... beware the bug family..... ;D

Maria
06-07-2004, 12:11 PM
I shall call it...."Mini-Bug" ;D

Ben

DR
06-07-2004, 12:36 PM
G'day Bugman,
is that one of the Marlin jackets mentioned in your wanted post the little Buggling is wearing? I need a larger one for my little deckie.
cheers
Dave

bungie
06-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Wow, the bug has grow since you were holding it in your avartar photo ;D

blaze
06-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi Bugman
Has that pfd got a grion strap, i do like them and grab handles on little people jackets
cheers
blaze

BladeRunner
06-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Way to go Bugman
My grand daughter has put her order in already she is 4 yrs
Safty first

BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

Fisheasy
07-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Is head support required in little kid's lifejackets?

bugman
07-07-2004, 09:46 AM
The Marlin jacket was actually bought for a much older and more active youngun who is likely to come with us. We thought that we'd still like her to wear the jacket all the time but at the same time giver her more freedom than a big cumbersome lifejacket. The Marlin by the way is towards the top of the range of PFD safety for jackets of that sort - I think it's a ski jacket for kids actually. Blaze it does have a groin strap but doesn't have hand straps - but that's what mother in laws are for ;)

I actually bought another jacked from Dave (DR) which has the full headrest and groin straps and hand straps which will be used for the small younguns like little Alana here.

Alana is only 7 months old but she does look cute doesn't she.

The Marlin will carry up to 25kg while the other (can't remember brand now Dave) will carry to 15kg.

Brett

dazza
07-07-2004, 11:50 AM
hi
i purchased a flotation suit for our daughter. it is exactly the same as a sun suit , but it has flotation in the front and back. it is not designed to replace a lifejacket, but it provides flotation and does not restrict movement, also protects from the sun. picked it up from clark rubber for about $40 i think.
still have the PFD1 which she wears when we are travelling
cheers
dazza

dazza
07-07-2004, 11:52 AM
ooops, sorry about the side on shot,
cheers
dazza

blaze
07-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Hi Bugman
Talking about kids and boatin, when are we going to see the product of your loins, wearing them jackets, its even more special then
cheers
blaze

Fitzy
07-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Brett,
Thats borderline PFD3 mate. I'd be making sure of it incase the QB&F make a check.

I always advise folks to use a PFD1 for kids no matter what. If there's an accident the child can be knocked out but will float face up with head out of the water thus allowing them to still breathe. The grab handle is good to keep a hold on them if you have to swim & drag them behind.
I tested a few out on my young fella by throwing him in the backyard pool & seeing how he floated up. Work pertty good but boy dont they hate wearing them.
Dont worry, he's been able to swim since he was 4 months old so please no howls of complaint. Best to know for sure. I'd hate to find out the hard way the comfy looking ski vest I put my son in doesnt work properly. :o

Fitzy..

bugman
09-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Fitzy,

You wouldn't work in a marine shop by chance would you ;)

You're right on the money, the one in the photo is a PFD 3. It's designed for the older kids who'll come out with us.

Little Alana here has a Hutch Wilco PFD1 with all the bells and whistles.

Brett