PDA

View Full Version : M & G Jacobs Well

Touchy - R.I.P.
01-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Coupla' Questions Gang, A-What did those that went to the M n G at Jacobs think of the location?, B- Would those that went go again if it was decided to hold the next one there?,B-the wimps :-X that didn't go re the weather would they go next time if this venue was voted for the next trip?,I think the spot has a lot going for it & it wasn't properly explored due to the weather factor,Hands up if you all want to go again(before we decided/move onto the next area. Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Billo
01-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Yes i am one of the whimps that didn't show ;D
i will be there for the next for sure ! i know the spot , and think it is definately a good posy...les traffic , plenty of room , and plenty of fishing options on the door step

CHRIS_aka_GWH
01-07-2004, 09:21 AM
great location, would have been there for the ENTIRE weekend except for circumstances beyond my control

personally, you can fish the pin in anything but a howling northerly or a due westerley - it shuts the fish down & there are few places to hide.

anything with south or east in it is always fishable -

I think some of the "boys" should have dollys not fishing rods :-X

cheers,
err
anonymous

MTpockets
01-07-2004, 09:26 AM
I would be there no problems if the Well was chosen. I think thats a great idea Touchy !!
Lets hope we can get something going and make it even better this time.
yours truely,
woosy boy ;D

Big-D
01-07-2004, 11:21 AM
;D Yes fred, I will be abel to make the next one, Because i dont have to baby sit you like the last one, That is my excuse and am sticking to it. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Pete.

propdinger
01-07-2004, 12:33 PM
a) yes it was a great site the caravan park
b) wouldnt miss it had a great time

cheers
jeff

oscar
01-07-2004, 01:05 PM
I'll be at the next one, the well, or anywhere else that's decided on.
oscar

Cheech
01-07-2004, 01:57 PM
I had planned on dropping in for the barbie, but ended up having to work that morning so didn't get to make it.

I thought it was a great spot and a great time for the barbie. My tentative plan was to head down early, spend the morning and early afternoon fishing, then head back to the ramp at around 2.00pm, get the boat out and head over for a couple of hours, a few light beers, and then head home.

So if it was there again then I would probably try to initiate the same plan.

Cheech

PinHead
01-07-2004, 02:54 PM
"A-What did those that went to the M n G at Jacobs think of the location?"
The location was excellent..everything was on hand.

" B- Would those that went go again if it was decided to hold the next one there?"

Most definitely..anytime at all down there..it was great.

ken4159
01-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Sorry to all I did not make last one (i was laid up in hospital) but would be in another M & G at the well
Ken

MY-TopEnder
01-07-2004, 04:36 PM
A - Yeah i was there and it was a great location. I've even thought about going back there again be it a meet and greet or not. The facilities were great, everything was easy to access and the staff in the office were friendly.

B - Weather wise its pretty good unless you get a northerly through then its a wet ride but even then its not that bad. Definately would come if it was the location of choice next time round.

sav
01-07-2004, 04:36 PM
I would definetly be interested in another trip to Jacobs Well. The Pin is about the only body of water I know my way around in.
Any M&G in SEQ would interest me.
Regards
Sav

philip_thomson
01-07-2004, 05:09 PM
i have never been down to jacobs well but i would deffinetly head down. only reason i didn;t last time was cause i had to work and never read about it, but deffinetly next time i will be down there for sure
cheers philip

boatboy50
01-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Hey Guys,
I definately would go to a m&g preferably at Jacobs Well or the Gold Coast, or probs anywhere in Brissie!. Was looking forward to the last one but coulnt get the time off work.
Most people need about two weeks notice for these get togethers to allow time to reshuffle their lives. Unfortunately i didnt find the post until about 4 days before hand. [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Give me enough notice, and i will be there for sure, boat and tent in hand for a good weekend!
Cant wait, itching to get there and meet you all.
Regards
Darren

Remo
01-07-2004, 06:23 PM
If I was'nt on holidays up at Marcoola, with the Family. i would have defineately have come.
Touchy - BRING IT ON !!!

SCOTTYGC
01-07-2004, 07:15 PM
i went along and had a great time, Got there early First one there set up my small tent then went for a fish in the QUEENSLANDER (thanks agian michael),BBQ was a great idea and well setup by Phil (well done Phil) If there was ever another one there i would be there for sure . Maybe next time in the warmer months would be good Caravan park was good too

jaybee
01-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Fred in all honesty, you will never have a better m&g then what we had 2 yrs ago on caruso, will never forget you catching fish of the bank, while your boat was high and dry, whilst ausfishers didnt catch fish in their boats, whilst you were high and dry. then there was lucky phils advice on how to anchor that left everyones boats high and dry except yours, heaps of grunt and push to get boats off and into water, in the mean time you still caught fish from the bank. Fred, you made that M&G in my mind. cheers and here is to plenty more. (don't forget the green death)
regards
Joe

Dirty_Mole
02-07-2004, 03:50 AM
yeah i'd love to go but it all depends on if rob(MY_TopEnder) is going because he's my only ride.

Cheers, Sam

mackmauler
02-07-2004, 07:52 AM
Touchy, the well was a lot better than the same well ridden with sandflies a few months ago :o lucky phill even had sweet potatos looking good ;D the island camps are better imo, nothing like sand between the toes and boats getting stranded :-X

Rob

MICHAELG
02-07-2004, 08:29 AM
Touchy
The well/pin is great cause weather doesn't get bad enough there to stop people fishing.
My pref would be for a beach(lots of places)somewhere down at the pin.
You cant beat sitting on a beach, a fire, a drink and ya boat just floating in front of you ahhhhhhh ;D

doesnt get better, for me anyway

Michael

NeilD
03-07-2004, 06:09 AM
I agree with the pin as an all weather option. I missed the last one with the flu but am fighting fit and ready to go. If we go for Jacobs Well again I would also like to set up a second camp on South Straddy or around Carusofor those fishing to drop into and warm up around a fire or to catch a few ZZZ's before hitting the beaches at dawn again.
Cheers Neil

MTpockets
03-07-2004, 06:59 AM
So touchy.....
Are you going to organise it, or are you gunna wait till Lucky_Phil gets back?
I reckon its gunna be a goer so here's hoping things turn out for a good M&G.
cheers
Les

gruntahunter
04-07-2004, 06:20 AM
Yes Fred ..i,m going to reappear at the m & g,s.
And ur right Joe that one at Caruso was a beauty.
Being shore based makes it so much easier to get all ones camping gear there cause u dont have to overload boats.
I guess only draw back is no fires in park...but that doesnt matter...rum keeps one warm.
See ya at the next one ....the well is fine by me...(and Freddo)

searaider
05-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Geday Fred ,
I thought the last M&G at Jacobs Well was a top setup .
Being fully land based you had the option of bringing the boat & go fishing , or just calling in some time over the weekend for a chat .
Last time due to other commitments I wasn't able to stay the full W/end , being land based I was able to called in for the afternoon , met the guys , and was still able to drive back to Brisbane at 8 PM .
If the next one was also on the mainland , I think you may get more members calling in for a few hours .

If possable I will definately be at the next one , hopefully be able to stay for the full weekend .

Jacobs Well Venue [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Regards
Peter
Searaider 2

Scorpion
05-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Sorry guys, but what is this m & g mean? and can anyone come along?

Scorpion ??? ??? ???

MTpockets
05-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Meet and Greet. Ausfish members meeting face 2 face, and possibly going fishing, then getting peeezed together.
cheers
Les

MTpockets
08-07-2004, 06:31 AM
still interested here........

propdinger
08-07-2004, 10:02 AM
MT you just want to see lucky_phill's lycras dont ya...lol

i myself want to see sweet potato's

hehe
jeff

Scorpion
09-07-2004, 04:50 AM
Can someone let my know next time it happens?

scorpion

MTpockets
09-07-2004, 05:42 AM
Hey Jeff mate, I just want to see the model for sweet potatos #;D ;D ;D
Then again Phils lycras may keep the mossies away. I mean what normal minded mossie would land on em eh? Although I think I would rather see phil in lycra as opposed to a kids mother I once had in one of my footy teams. She was 56, skinny and looked like witchypoo from HR puffinstuff. She wore lycra everything everyday, in ALL colours, with a hat so wide she couldnt fit thru a doorway. No kidding either. What a sight, so, I may have just seen everything once I meet Phil #;D ??? :o 8)
DISCLAIMER:::: I have not been paid to say nice things about Phil, and only accept american express #;D
Scorpion, maybe check back here each day, or if I think of it, will PM you when its announced.
cheers
Les

Scorpion
09-07-2004, 05:56 AM
thanks Les.

Scorpion

Touchy - R.I.P.
09-07-2004, 06:26 AM
OK Gang,Let me get my fishing predictor up & running & have a lookat some dates/tides ect & if the vote goes to what I post up another M&G at the "Well" could be on the cards.But all feel free the throw in a time or ideas that suit,You will all have to excuse me for being a bit selfish re the Jacobs Well location as against one of the pin islands but at this stage of my rehab with the new hip I'm better suited landbased for the near future 8).Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

MTpockets
09-07-2004, 06:43 AM
Totally cool touchy. I wouldn't want to have to pick you up if you fell over, you may get the wrong idea about my intentions being on a deserted island.
Landbased sounds good to me despite my warped sense of humor. ;D ;D
cheers
Les

CHRIS_aka_GWH
09-07-2004, 06:45 AM
touchy the well is a good idea cause it means landbased guys can come at any time & get lifts out with the blokes with boats - its also good cause the "Greens Ginger Security Services" can look out for the trailers & cars.

Touchy - R.I.P.
10-07-2004, 05:36 AM
Hands Up for August weekend of the 14th/15th, Bite time percenages best for that month(3 days up to new moon),high tides approx 08:amish & 9pmish for those that wish to fish gentlemans hours or for those who maybe not up to the pace of the Ausfish M & G evenings & may need to catch up the beauty sleeps ;D ;D ;D.sooner all can throw their hat in the more time it will give some of the workers time to organise themselves.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

MTpockets
10-07-2004, 05:52 AM
You won me mate. Be there with bells on
cheers
Les

Big-D
10-07-2004, 05:59 AM
Hi touchy, Iam in on this one.
Cheers pete. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SeaHunt
10-07-2004, 06:51 AM
Sorry Touchy , heading to Fraser for a week of tailor chasing on the 14th so that is me out.
Couldn't make the last one because of the flu. (still dodgey) :P

One day , I'll get to one.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
10-07-2004, 07:13 AM
SORRY MATE STRADDIE CLASSIC.

its the last week end. Gotta be there to win the Mazda & collect all the landbased trophies ;D ;D ;D ;D.

oh yeah - & drink some Rum

ken4159
10-07-2004, 07:22 AM
F**k the straddie classic, goanna will be there this time. missed last one will not miss this one

Ken

MICHAELG
10-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Touchy

I will be already camping on straddie that week so I will call in

Michael

sharkbait
10-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Sorry Fred, I'll be at the classic too. Otherwise, I'd be there for sure. But it sounds like this should be a regular thing, maybe monthly or so??? that way those who miss out can catch up at the next one.

And sorry Chris, but the Mazda already has my name on it - I'll need it to tow my new cruisecraft back from the island ::)

Kris.

propdinger
10-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Fred and Kris
you guys wont want the mazda after i have had my fun in it :D :D
but you can tow it back from straddie
lol

boatboy50
10-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Hey Guys,
That weekend sounds good to me.
Sounds like quite a few others might miss it though, so maybe try for another weekend around then?
Regards
Darren

searaider
10-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Geday Touchy ,
I wont be able to make it that weekend .
I'm also heading to Fraser on the 14th for a weeks fishing .
See you next time .

SeaHunt ,
I hope there are enough fish for both of us ?

Peter
Searaider 2

Remo
10-07-2004, 07:27 PM
I'm in ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lucky_Phill
11-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Yes Fred, I'll be there.

As if I'd wouldn't ;D ;) ::)

Will have room on the ' Skanky Hoe " for a deckie or 2 that want to wet a line. Will get details closer to the date.

Cheers Phill

MY-TopEnder
11-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Yeah count me and Dirty Mole in.... we'll be there with bells on, infact probably a few new little toys courtesy of a healthy refund from the tax man.

SCOTTYGC
11-07-2004, 10:49 AM
i should be able to make it
Anyone need a deckie?
8)